BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

1 minute ago, Bethnal said:

This new lad is 5’8” and will likely be kept out of the side by Szmodics and Dolan, when he’s back.

We now only really have Tronstad as a defensive-minded midfielder.

Extremely difficult to see what good this does for the team in the short term.

January is a long month, granted, but it’s off to a poor start.

If it’s true what was learned from Glen and Mark’s meeting with Waggott, about Gregg not really fancying Szmodics initially, then I am beginning to have doubts about the transfer strategy. 

Got a lot of sympathy with recruitment after the budget cuts, where clearly hands were being forced and the rug pulled from under them. If we’re having to take players from underperforming loans, to replace high earners that we’re loaning to clubs further up the table and there are budgetary motivations for that… well, let’s hope not, because that sounds a lot like the kind of chicanery that doesn’t end well.

Assume SS will play upfront as the strikers we do have couldn't score in a brothel.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bethnal said:

This new lad is 5’8” and will likely be kept out of the side by Szmodics and Dolan, when he’s back.

We now only really have Tronstad as a defensive-minded midfielder.

Extremely difficult to see what good this does for the team in the short term.

January is a long month, granted, but it’s off to a poor start.

If it’s true what was learned from Glen and Mark’s meeting with Waggott, about Gregg not really fancying Szmodics initially, then I am beginning to have doubts about the transfer strategy. 

Got a lot of sympathy with recruitment after the budget cuts, where clearly hands were being forced and the rug pulled from under them. If we’re having to take players from underperforming loans, to replace high earners that we’re loaning to clubs further up the table and there are budgetary motivations for that… well, let’s hope not, because that sounds a lot like the kind of chicanery that doesn’t end well.

Seems like we are hoping to stagger to the end of the season without being relegated.

That is all the ambition the club has.

• Like 3

What an absolutely shambolic turn of events. Trav has his limitations but as a club without a pot to piss in, why on Earth are we trading our club captain with bags of experience for ANOTHER inexperienced and lightweight loan player.

Forget the style of play. We're 17th in the league and in danger of getting sucked into a relegation battle, not fighting for the title. It's about getting results and doing whatever it takes to get them at the moment with the way Rovers form has fallen off a cliff. If that means adapting your precious philosophy to suit the players you have then do it. The best coaches can identify when they need to change tact....even Mowbray identified this the season after we sold Armstrong and didn't have Harvey Elliott on loan anymore, we went from a possession based side that finishes 15th to a much more direct counter attacking side that narrowly missed out on the playoffs.

• Like 9

45 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I'm not surprised Travis has gone but I'm surprised it's only a loan. For the life in me I can't see any logic to that. Personally I'm not too perturbed by him going primarily because he wasn't contributing and if the stories are to be believed he was becoming belligerent and difficult to manage. The main issue though is that he needs replacing in the squad and that is where the waters get totally muddied.

Suggests hedging their bets in case JDT ain't here come 1st August...?

• Like 2

This new kid looks and sounds like another Moran….technically good but not fully developed physically and not ready for the tough cut and thrust of the championship 

Exactly what we do not need 

Edited by jim mk2
  • Like 7

4 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

This new kid looks and sounds like another Moran….technically good but not developed physically and not ready for the tough cut and thrust of the championship 

Exactly what we do not need 

Yep, but even more lightweight

Coventrys form has improved massively since they took him out of the team

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/yasin-ayari/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/667287/wettbewerb/GB2/saison/2023

For those who wonder what Cov fans thought of him https://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/ayari.155786/

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 1

Walsted is going to develop they say, as is  Moran , as is Telalovic , as is Ennis and now we have another little lad who wasn’t picked by Coventry due to his lack of physique and commitment …bloody hell, happy new year !    

Morale on the pitch was low in the Rotherham game …” senior “ pros like Szmodics looked less than impressed with how things are playing out.

How can this “ signing “ be justified when we have so many areas of the pitch that need to be addressed  …??

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Not sure what the benefit of loaning this guy in is, when we'd surely be better integrating Gilsesnan into the first team and using the funds for a loan of a full back.

SICK OF LOANS ... WE ARE SUPPOSED TO HAVE ALL SINGING ACADAMY THING YET WE WOULD RATHER DEVELOP OTHER TEAMS PLAYERS FOR THEM INSTEAD OF OUR OWN. STINKS OF DARK FORCES AND CUT OF IT .

• Like 3

Just now, ABBEY said:

SICK OF LOANS ... WE ARE SUPPOSED TO HAVE ALL SINGING ACADAMY THING YET WE WOULD RATHER DEVELOP OTHER TEAMS PLAYERS FOR THEM INSTEAD OF OUR OWN. STINKS OF DARK FORCES AND CUT OF IT .

Has anyone ever explained lower case to you? 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Looks like the new signing has upset some folk.

Here's a video. Get him written off. 

Absolutely no idea which position he’s gonna play here. Ahead of Szmodics? No. Ahead of Wharton? No. Ahead of Garrett? Maybe. Ahead of Tronstad? No.

Feels a lot like Brighton have called us up and said, “Yasin’s not having a nice time at Coventry, can he come and play with you?” 

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I'm not surprised Travis has gone but I'm surprised it's only a loan. For the life in me I can't see any logic to that. Personally I'm not too perturbed by him going primarily because he wasn't contributing and if the stories are to be believed he was becoming belligerent and difficult to manage. The main issue though is that he needs replacing in the squad and that is where the waters get totally muddied.

I assume there's a loan fee and they're paying his full wages - so it's a temporary solution that they'll solve in the summer... or he comes back when we lose JDT and we change style / formation.

• Like 1

Just now, Bethnal said:

Absolutely no idea which position he’s gonna play here. Ahead of Szmodics? No. Ahead of Wharton? No. Ahead of Garrett? Maybe. Ahead of Tronstad? No.

Feels a lot like Brighton have called us up and said, “Yasin’s not having a nice time at Coventry, can he come and play with you?” 

People are upset Travis has left and he's not ahead of any of those players either. Can't have it both ways.

If Ayari had joined in August he be a decent punt, followed him for a couple of years and certainly has potential to be an excellent player as he progresses with age.  As a complimentary signing during the summer he'd been decent to get off the bench and give him some experience.

Fast forward 4 months,  team in free fall,  lacking experience and captain loaned out to a team heading towards the Premiership, this has more Leo written all over it than Harvey Elliott in terms of improving our first 11.

Right signing,  but wrong time if we have freed up wages for this after the screams for experience then this maybe see the tide turn on both JDT and GB who have not amassed enough brownie points to date.

This is a young group is what we've been fed for 6 or 7 seasons now.

Ultimately its the results that matters 

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

People are upset Travis has left and he's not ahead of any of those players either. Can't have it both ways.

Fairly confident I can isolate this one deal from the separate Travis deal. In fact, I have.

• Like 3

Just now, Bethnal said:

Fairly confident I can isolate this one deal from the separate Travis deal. In fact, I have.

That's convenient. Yet the same principle applies. 

You've also made a lot of assumptions about a player I'm fairly confident you won't know anything about.

Edited by Sweaty Gussets

2 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

When you’re in a potential relegation battle with a an inexperienced and injury hit squad you don’t ship out one of your most experienced players who can play a number of positions even if he’s out of the manager’s good books at present. It’s easy to join up the dots

• Like 8