BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

1 hour ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Same here.

One of my Rovers supporting mates, a fan for nearly 50 years told me he had to stop going because it was making him too angry and depressed.

I guess we can all take the natural ebb and flow of football fortune, but this is an abuse.

That's exactly it. None of this feels natural. It's a terrible situation in the context of a football fan, which nobody understands apart from people on here.

People on the outside look at the club, without knowing anything apart from 'oh those chicken owners, yeah, shame'. They look at the Championship table and think it's not that bad, but the situation is worse than they can imagine. 13 years of this is incredible.

"Move on", "Forgive and forget", "Badly advised". No chance on all of those fronts for me. They've ruined 13 years of my life. Killed the enjoyment of football, going to Ewood, anything to do with Rovers since their arrival.

The way I see it, it feels as though the bad guys have the real Blackburn Rovers held hostage somewhere.

They've wheeled out this impostor, with the help of their friends, and are telling us this is your club. Trust us. Trust the process. It's not and I won't. Ever.

The day that all of these bastards are gone will be some day, I tell you.

We need the Indian High Court to play its part in a week's time. The Court saying no, is what is going to get things moving for us.

Edited by SuperBrfc
  • Like 8

15 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

We need the Indian High Court to play its part in a week's time. The Court saying no, is what is going to get things moving for us.

That isn't going to happen though is it?The courts denying the request?

They set a precedent by allowing it last time what's changed since then that would make them deny it this time?

• Like 2

A question that is probably impossible to answer but...let's say Indian High Court and Government drop the case/no sanctions/etc, realistically and roughly given our current revenues (and new sponsorship deal) how much could the Venkys put up for transfers without breaking FFP? 

With new owners who could actually implement creative ticketing solutions as well as restoring some pride/identity then I think we'd see more fans return, even if that meant dropping down after administration. 

Again exhibit A - Bolton Wanderers

I'm certain if things carry on as they are they'll surpass us in the next 2 years just like Ipswich, Coventry etc.

Now we might not get the numbers they get at the min for various reasons but we are capable of more than we get now if the club had a re-birth.

All these lot want to do is turn the Rovers into the size of Wigan Athletic.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Torgeir said:

Do you think Hyam was promised something entirely different when he entered the building compared to what has actually happened? He's been poor this season, but after his injury especially he's looked terrible. Disinterested and there's something off about him. Rusty, still injured or there's something else going on there behind the scenes...

No - imo he's just a bang average player at best.

He was crap in the second half of last season as well.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Would you genuinely play Ennis, Telalovic or Leonard over him? Especially considering that the owners you keenly defend will as you touch on likely pocket the money and not reinvest any. We wont be banking it, the owners will.

He is a bang average Championship striker, he will get you 8-10 goals a season, hes quite quick, powerful, strong, decent in the air in both boxes. A fairly well rounded player who will never threaten the top scorers chart. Offering far more than the other 3 strikers we have and probably about standard for a lower mid table side, every team below us would have him in the side.

It shows the state that the owners have put us in that he has become so important, but there you go.

None of the people that have justified a potential sale have gone on to say that any of the other 3 strikers are any better, because they clearly arent of the required standard, and many of those who have are deluding themselves into thinking that we would reinvest and get an upgrade. A normal club with interested owners, a totally different dilemma and one that would surely lead to a sale.

Ah - so if despite our financial situation the owners intervened and said we are not selling Gallagher because we need him on the pitch then that would be an ownership intervention and an instance of them meddling in team affairs that you WOULD approve of?

On Gallagher we've scored plenty of goals without him, that hasn't really been the issue so I don't think his return will make a scrap of difference other than hinder our fluidity going forward. The problem has been with the defence and specifically since "Leo" came in, the goalkeeper.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Ah - so if despite our financial situation the owners intervened and said we are not selling Gallagher because we need him on the pitch then that would be an ownership intervention and an instance of them meddling in team affairs that you WOULD approve of?

On Gallagher we've scored plenty of goals without him, that hasn't really been the issue so I don't think his return will make a scrap of difference other than hinder our fluidity going forward. The problem has been with the defence and specifically since "Leo" came in, the goalkeeper.

No I wouldnt. My preferred option would be to sell him and reinvest the amount on an upgrade.

As we know that wont happen, the next best scenario is for Ipswich to not meet his price tag because he is considerably better than the alternatives merely as a bang average Championship striker as opposed to either no replacement or another young lad borrowed from a Premier League club.

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Yep me too.

I'd go further and offload him for free just to get his wages off our books.

But if no one comes in weve lost our only effective striker and weve weakened ourselves even further. Even if he is bang average.

Problem is, the people in footballing roles dont get autonomy under these owners and dont get to reinvest funds that come in.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

That isn't going to happen though is it?The courts denying the request?

They set a precedent by allowing it last time what's changed since then that would make them deny it this time?

It's a case of hoping something crops up during this investigation which forces a change of tack from the Court.

Unlikely, but we never know what could happen. It's the only out we have right now, if the Court was to refuse them permission.

Rovers will continue to play (a maximum) of 1 central striker.

Options (as of today) are Ennis, Leonard, Gallagher, Telalovic, Vale, or the "False 9".

If you don't think that Sam Gallagher is unquestionably the best option for that position - by a significant margin - then I don't know what to say to you.

It's Gallagher, and it isn't even close.

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Rovers will continue to play (a maximum) of 1 central striker.

Options (as of today) are Ennis, Leonard, Gallagher, Telalovic, Vale, or the "False 9".

If you don't think that Sam Gallagher is unquestionably the best option for that position - by a significant margin - then I don't know what to say to you.

It's Gallagher, and it isn't even close.

And if you rolled them all together you wouldn’t have a Mike Newall or even a Danny Graham at his best.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

No - imo he's just a bang average player at best.

He was crap in the second half of last season as well.

People don't half have short memories. Must not have been too bad last season.

Had a few dodgy games after coming back from a bad injury and suddenly he's shit.

Screenshot_20240117-203832.png

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

People don't half have short memories. Must not have been too bad last season.

Had a few dodgy games after coming back from a bad injury and suddenly he's shit.

Screenshot_20240117-203832.png

Downgrade from van Hecke for me. He was pretty good last season, but gets found out in our current gung-ho system. Feel a bit sorry for him though.

2 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

Downgrade from van Hecke for me. He was pretty good last season, but gets found out in our current gung-ho system. Feel a bit sorry for him though.

It was the same system last year ? Not disputing JPVH is top quality but always out of our price range. For what we paid Hyam had been an excellent signing.

• Like 4

I'd rather have Lenihen than Hyam.

Don't get me wrong i think Dom is probably the better player on his day but not sure he's a much better defender as Darragh was more agricultural and you need at least one of those in there.  Doesn't throw himself around like perhaps we need at the min but if he's not 100% then he can't help that.

Van Hecke was raw and naive at times as to be expected for a kid but he showed more commitment for a loan player than several of these lot put together when it came to putting his body on the line.

5 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I'd rather have Lenihen than Hyam.

Don't get me wrong i think Dom is probably the better player on his day but not sure he's a much better defender as Darragh was more agricultural and you need at least one of those in there.  Doesn't throw himself around like perhaps we need at the min but if he's not 100% then he can't help that.

Van Hecke was raw and naive at times as to be expected for a kid but he showed more commitment for a loan player than several of these lot put together when it came to putting his body on the line.

Lenihan had zero concentration