BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

3 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

It was the same system last year ? Not disputing JPVH is top quality but always out of our price range. For what we paid Hyam had been an excellent signing.

We adapted more to the opposition and managed to shut teams out last season. Now we're full on attack mode on 2-0 after 60+ minutes exhausting ourselves and taking too much risk. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Lenihan had zero concentration 

You could argue the same about this lad and at least he had bags of commitment.

Edited by tomphil

8 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I'd rather have Lenihen than Hyam.

Don't get me wrong i think Dom is probably the better player on his day but not sure he's a much better defender as Darragh was more agricultural and you need at least one of those in there.  Doesn't throw himself around like perhaps we need at the min but if he's not 100% then he can't help that.

Van Hecke was raw and naive at times as to be expected for a kid but he showed more commitment for a loan player than several of these lot put together when it came to putting his body on the line.

I was thinking that myself. 

Hyam isn't a patch on Lenihan imo and neither of them are a patch on JPVH when he was here.

Not sure how the latter is going on at Brighton.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I was thinking that myself. 

Hyam isn't a patch on Lenihan imo and neither of them are a patch on JPVH when he was here.

Not sure how the latter is going on at Brighton.

van Hecke is a regular at Brighton.

He played mostly in a three back system so it was easier to shine as it meant he could take more risk roaming forwards. Still a class player whose only weakness really is pace, but clever players find a way - look at Ooijer.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

No - imo he's just a bang average player at best.

He was crap in the second half of last season as well.

Yet Hyam won the fans' player of the year and players' player of the year. 

I think Hyam is the right captain for us. He should have appoint Captain in the summer. 

56 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Ipswich seemingly closing in on Keiffer Moore.

Could well be the end of their interest in Gallagher - a great shame for us.

Bournemouth had rejected their loan offer for Moore. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tugayisgod said:

I realize people are pissed at the way things have gone recently, but to call a player out like Hyam and say he's not bothered is total bollocks. Lacking confidence along with a few more at the moment yes, but that's it.

One way or another something's not right with him. Might be ring rust or still not 100% injury free. 

Its an easy and lazy way to point fingers.

Hes been playing crap, probably a mixture of poor form, lack of confidence, playing in a struggling team, ring rust and crucially his weaknesses being exposed due to tactics that are exposing all of our defenders.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

I realize people are pissed at the way things have gone recently, but to call a player out like Hyam and say he's not bothered is total bollocks. Lacking confidence along with a few more at the moment yes, but that's it.

He gets that from a few people because leaders are supposed to lead and captains are supposed to do that, by example if not verbally but there is nothing from him.

They can all look good when the going is good and the whole side is gelling but in times of adversity the senior pros need to stand up and be counted.

His nut goes down way too easily imo.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Exactly. Hyam and alot of players are out of form currently. 

People last week were suggest JDT had lost the dressing room and now Its Hyam can't be bothered. Just throw away comments cos of current form

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Its an easy and lazy way to point fingers.

Hes been playing crap, probably a mixture of poor form, lack of confidence, playing in a struggling team, ring rust and crucially his weaknesses being exposed due to tactics that are exposing all of our defenders.

Possibly.. It was the fact he was accused of not trying that pissed me off. 

People are just lashing out at anything and anyone at the moment

Edited by Tugayisgod
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Skint club not selling a striker who’s contract is running down for a million plus because he can win headers… in our own box sounds about right for the upside down world of Venky-Rovers.

Be grateful for our chicken overlords.

They saved us from the oblivion of having to book last minute flights and accommodation in Seville or wherever.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Millwall are bringing in Tangana on loan from Spurs so if any truth to Nixon's story about us both having an interest in Cresswell that will be them out of the race 

good player is cresswell,would make a great signing,where the 2 million quid is coming from  i have no idea

15 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Millwall are bringing in Tangana on loan from Spurs so if any truth to Nixon's story about us both having an interest in Cresswell that will be them out of the race 

I suspect there is no truth as per usual if he things weve got millions ready to buy him.

Millwall being linked always seemed lazy. 

2 hours ago, tomphil said:

I'd rather have Lenihen than Hyam.

Don't get me wrong i think Dom is probably the better player on his day but not sure he's a much better defender as Darragh was more agricultural and you need at least one of those in there.  Doesn't throw himself around like perhaps we need at the min but if he's not 100% then he can't help that.

Van Hecke was raw and naive at times as to be expected for a kid but he showed more commitment for a loan player than several of these lot put together when it came to putting his body on the line.

Lenihan was far more reckless and massively injury prone, way off the mark with your statement 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Gordon Gekko said:

Lenihan was far more reckless and massively injury prone, way off the mark with your statement 

No it really isn't if you actually read what i said and i'd take a committed player any day over one who goes through the motions.

Just now, Gordon Gekko said:

A committed player who buggers off to sunny Middlesbrough? 

After being here how long ?

Hyam won't be here next season i can almost guarantee it and at least Lenihens heart was in it whilst he was here.

3 minutes ago, tomphil said:

After being here how long ?

Hyam won't be here next season i can almost guarantee it and at least Lenihens heart was in it whilst he was here.

Whopper? Have you watched Lenihan for Boro? he’s been massively exposed or on the treatment table, which he is now for the rest of the season. 

Hyam’s had some shockers like most of the team, but he’s been rushed back from injury so I’m willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. 

• Like 2

Lenihan’s never been a PL player so won’t ever have been paid the big bucks, he had one big-ish contract left to earn in his career and he wouldn’t be getting it here, so fair play to him.

Always gave his all whilst here.

Edited by Mattyblue

In my eyes Lenihan was ok at this level. Hyam looked slightly better last season, but is currently playing quite a bit worse. That’s basically it.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 7