BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

15 minutes ago, Galgaterover10 said:

I think we all know how this story goes! We will bring in a couple of kids on loan and possible a permanent from abroad or lower league for 200k or something and he’ll be sold as having loads of potential and part of the model etc then waggot or Broughton will do an interview after January and talk up the summer window and more time to spend money etc and plan! We will get to summer and shock horror the money will not get spent then either 

By the summer JDT and possibly Broughton too will be gone, then they'll wheel out the next lot to talk the talk and plan under false promises with certain fans hanging on their every word, but as you say the be all and end all is that the cash will disappear into running costs as it always does.

Good news for Venkys and the money men, bad news for Rovers and our league status but since when has that been a matter of concern?

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Bohinen1983 said:

Does anyone know what kind of Coach (transportation) Palace use to get to matches? Bet it's not as a nice as ours!

A bloke on my streets parents were on a day trip using the fabled bus last week. He showed me pictures of it. Sort of has a night club vibe, lots of purple neon.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, pick32 said:

We aren’t the Brentford model we produce our own not Liquidate the academy and grab a few bargains

Its an insult to Brentford to even compare their setup to ours.

9 minutes ago, JHRover said:

By the summer JDT and possibly Broughton too will be gone, then they'll wheel out the next lot to talk the talk and plan under false promises with certain fans hanging on their every word, but as you say the be all and end all is that the cash will disappear into running costs as it always does.

Good news for Venkys and the money men, bad news for Rovers and our league status but since when has that been a matter of concern?

You'll have to wheel Broughton out of the place in a wooden box with Waggott I'll wager. No way he's giving up that cushy little number with zero accountability.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

You'll have to wheel Broughton out of the place in a wooden box with Waggott I'll wager. No way he's giving up that cushy little number with zero accountability.

i think broughton is a decent,honest person,he`s just not very good at his job,swag on the other hand is a spiv who reminds me of those kirby vacuum sellers you could`nt get rid off when they came knocking

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Your dislike of Broughton is irrational

It simply has to be for the purpose of winding people up. You aren’t stupid 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Well he seems to blame everyone and everything except the owners for our shit situation so ya know ..........

I think Broughton is probably like most of the people who have worked at Rovers over the last decade. 

His intentions are right and proper, he wants to do well here, and probably works very hard at trying to do so

Even if he isn't a particularly nice bloke it is still very much in his interests to perform well for the sake of his career. 

But as with most others it might be the case that he has ended up in a position he might not be up to the level of managing, or even if he is such are the restrictions and limitations he is operating under at a horrendous organisation such as Rovers his individual capabilities are probably immaterial.

Just now, Upside Down said:

Well he seems to blame everyone and everything except the owners for our shit situation so ya know ..........

Except when I do blame the owners which is all the time.,......

For me they were to be tolerated when they were freely able and willing to put large amounts of cash in.

The ideal scenario would have been their financial backing with a decent CEO and Manager. We never got that and now we finally  have a promising coach they've managed to get themselves barred from putting similar amounts of funding in due to circumstances of their own making. 

The current situation is no use to anyone.

That Palace team has some serious talent, I can’t believe they still have Roy there - what an absolute waste.

Wharton should be relishing being the creator for the likes of Olise, Eze and Edouard. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

I'm not winding people up.

I find it incredible that this bloke has signed Ennis (who isn't even fit enough to play professional football) Hirst, Telalovic and Wahlstedt (which must be the biggest cock up since Souness signed George  Weah's cousin) and people don't even seem to care.

• Like 7