BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

10 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Your point about the owners' behaviour is spot on - and is why so much of the criticism aimed at those working at Ewood Park is unfair.

All our issues ultimately lead to their door, but the type of people they have employed at the club during their tenure also reflects their ignorance and negligence.

Edited by martonrover
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Jimmy612 said:

This is such a strange take on the situation, I can’t really understand why you’ve bothered typing it out.

The fact is, we’d negotiated a deal, presumably fee, wages and all that goes with it and organised travel for McGuire and his representatives, only for our meddlesome owners to seemingly take it upon themselves to veto all transfers in to the club at the 11th hour. Whether McGuire is any good or not is completely irrelevant at this stage. 

The only reason it would be relevant is if we’ve decided to sign another (seemingly better) option.  At this stage it sounds highly unlikely. 

Just trying to flip the switch and 'what if' a little. Careful what you present as facts by the way.

53 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

I'm so so embarrassed - To the point that i don't even want to listen to JDT's next press conference. The awkward questions coming his way about transfer will be unbearable to listen to.

There i was, last night, half looking forward to today as it looked like we were making a money signing, with possibly another incoming. I personally don't think Mcguire was the answer just with how limited he looked but obviously that's not the point...The poor lad broke a sweat to jump on a plane to further his career in English football. He's probably dreamt about it, we were the stepping stone for him to POSSIBLY get to the prem....We've, astonishingly,  repeated our actions from last year which is unacceptable beyond belief - Especially when we've just sold our biggest asset.

I'm not even sure what's going to happen today and I've bloody booked it off work!

Suhail & Waggott have you no shame!?

In all fairness JDT always just plonks those questions squarely on the people above him and always calls out their total bullshit.

4 minutes ago, neophox said:

I think the stumble block is that Rovers want to loan McGuire initially and then sign him....think the same is with Owls.... that would mean problems for Orlando to sign Brekalo.

That doesn't make sense. Orlando wouldn't have sanctioned him to get on a plane and come to England if the structure of the deal hadn't been acceptable beforehand.

Face it, the owners have waded their way into it again knowing they're too far away to feel the impact. 

• Like 1

Just now, wilsdenrover said:

A long 14 hours ahead of us.

Can we cope with the twist and turns??

I guess anything other than no incomings of worth will be a positive surprise. I expect us to cock up every deal where we would actually have to pay some kind of transfer fee. 

• Like 1

Just now, rovers11 said:

What a joke these owners are. The rumours of them pulling the plug on all deals better not be true.

We should have kicked them out the on the first day, when they started talking about what Rovers could do for the venkys brand and no the other way around...

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Andy said:

I was thinking that it would be the most Rovers thing to happen, in this scenario, for the lad to be holding up the halved shirt at some point today.

If it does collapse due to the reasons we’ve all speculated since last night (and nobody comes in at all), I genuinely do think it’ll be the beginning of the end.

We'll be relegated for a start.

• Like 1

Well. Isn't this the most predictable thing to wake upto after an early night.

There was never s chance of any signings.  I wouldn't be surprised if Wharton was assured money would be spent if he left.  

As soon as the ink was dry though...

Dream venky window. Just need one more striker off the books now. 

• Like 3

If venkys stopping all incomings is accurate, what do we think this means? Is it possible they are packing up to sell? Cashing in on the best asset before leaving? Personally I’d take this shambles and even relegation to league 1 if it meant getting rid of them! Maybe I’m just in some fantasy land. 

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Your point about the owners' behaviour is spot on - and is why so much of the criticism aimed at those working at Ewood Park is unfair.

Disagree. You take the Venky coin and sit back in silence or make up excuses to defend them then you deserve criticism

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Upside Down said:

It was chaddy's catchphrase for the last 3 months of last season.

I'm still traumatised about it.

Thank you for explaining,

I still think I’ll make this my last post of the day though - emotions are far too high (understandably so) and I don’t cope well with confrontation. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bethnal said:

Refusing a transfer fee for Rothwell because your arbitrary value hasn’t been met and letting him leave for free? Fine, maybe that’s caution-to-the-wind optimism for promotion.

Doing it again for Brereton? Can just about argue similar.

Letting three of our bigger earners leave for free in the summer? Okay, budget restraints and upcoming financial sustainability, plus the need for more players in.

Cutting the wage bill by pretty much the same amount gained from letting those players leave. Well, things must be really bad, but I guess I can just about see the logic, short-term.

Selling your prized asset at the first opportunity? Okay, we need to strengthen, it’s really sad, but we are where we are.

Allowing your recruitment team to line up as many as five transfers before sending your minion to put a freeze on all recruitment that requires a fee, because you are so hamstring by your - alleged - financial impropriety that the Indian court system needs to give you permission to send any money anywhere…

We - as a fanbase - have accepted a lot and it appears many more are willing to swallow more. We shouldn’t. This needs to stop and it has done for a long time, but this has to be the tipping point. They need to be hounded out of the club, embarrassed in their own country and investigated thoroughly. We need to act.

Best and fairest post on here for a long time!

• Like 2