BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

Even if the appeal is successful I'm more bothered about McGuire's frame of mind. Flies halfway around the world to find the situation has changed, left in limbo trying to sort something, back to us...and now this. At 22 he's still only a young adult. Having an ambition seemingly taken away, back in place and if it's taken away again... I'd be distraught if that was my kid. Either way the club needs to do everything possible to look after him. 

• Like 1

Just now, jwlrovers said:

Maybe explains why a loan for Leonard never seemed on the cards... they knew he would be needed as one of three.

But we let Ennis go, and that was only confirmed later on when we believed McGuire was completed, along with Vale. Another attacker would have been needed to let Leonard go out. 

Any accountability?

The whole thing was off. Cancelling the transfer for no reason, then back on as a loan, then paperwork.

It is my belief the club intentionally botched the paper work to cut off all outgoing payments. It was frees and loans only.

That sack of shit maggott

• Like 6

I'm not buying the paperwork storied at all. He's specifically blaming Suhail and Waggott, its got to be down to financial reasons or the twats in Pune pulling the plug. Suhail is their puppet, maybe he fell asleep and didn't pass a message on?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, CambridgeRover said:

Any accountability?

The whole thing was off. Cancelling the transfer for no reason, then back on as a loan, then paperwork.

It is my belief the club intentionally botched the paper work to cut off all outgoing payments. It was frees and loans only.

That sack of shit maggott

And Venkys obviously.

• Like 2

Additionally I feel for McGuire who has really wanted to come to England to test himself and has potentially been robbed of that for the time being.

Should the appeal fail, I do hope he gets his opportunity next season.

Also just for some critical thinking. If as reported, we did renege on the initial agreement whilst he was mid flight over to England. Why wouldn't they purposely cock-up the paper work so they didn't have to shell out a loan fee?

• Like 2

Just now, TugaysMarlboro said:

Additionally I feel for McGuire who has really wanted to come to England to test himself and has potentially been robbed of that for the time being.

Also just for some critical thinking. If as reported, we did renege on the initial agreement whilst he was mid flight over to England. Why wouldn't they purposely cock-up the paper work so they didn't have to shell out a loan fee?

I wouldn’t put this past them but why go through the charade of pretending to do the deal in the first place?

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, matt83 said:

If it’s true that the rovers fuckwits have messed up on the bloody paperwork again and on the back of everything else I think I’m done with them

If only they'd messed up on the paperwork when they bought the club. They've been toxic.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

I'm not buying the paperwork storied at all. He's specifically blaming Suhail and Waggott, its got to be down to financial reasons or the twats in Pune pulling the plug. Suhail is their puppet, maybe he fell asleep and didn't pass a message on?

Yes but why would Waggott or Suhail point the finger at Venkys specifically? They're the only two that wouldn't gain by doing that.

Steve gets a nice bonus for saving money, Suhail likely the same and all whilst portraying another paperwork fuck up.

• Backroom
1 minute ago, TugaysMarlboro said:

Why even bother resurrecting the deal if so, though? Was it another case of GB thinking he could restructure as a loan with various fees and Venky's/Suhail at the last minute being like "hold your horses there chief, we said no fees, and that includes loans" ? Hence paperwork ends up submitted too late...

But then, even for that to be the case - why would you be parading the guy around wearing our shirt and doing interviews? 

The whole thing just makes no sense, unless it's occam's razor scenario of... our staff really did just fuck up the paperwork again despite GB's insistence we wouldn't see a repeat. However, if THAT was the case then why would Jon not suggest the journalists ask Greg rather than Steve and Suhail...?

1 minute ago, TugaysMarlboro said:

Yes but why would Waggott or Suhail point the finger at Venkys specifically? They're the only two that wouldn't gain by doing that.

Steve gets a nice bonus for saving money, Suhail likely the same and all whilst portraying another paperwork fuck up.

So Venkys give SW money instead of just saying no to the spend in the first place?

In fairness it does sound like something they’re stupid enough to do.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, alex l said:

But we let Ennis go, and that was only confirmed later on when we believed McGuire was completed, along with Vale. Another attacker would have been needed to let Leonard go out. 

Don't think Ennis going is even a factor, as he barely played and was useless. If we would have Gallagher, Telalovic and McGuire and generally play one up front, Leonard would have been better with a loan I think.

2 minutes ago, TugaysMarlboro said:

They wouldn't point the finger, but they're the ones with the answers. If it was a bit of paperwork why wouldn't he mention Greg specifically who took the brunt of it last time?

2 minutes ago, DE. said:

Why even bother resurrecting the deal if so, though? Was it another case of GB thinking he could restructure as a loan with various fees and Venky's/Suhail at the last minute being like "hold your horses there chief, we said no fees, and that includes loans" ? Hence paperwork ends up submitted too late...

But then, even for that to be the case - why would you be parading the guy around wearing our shirt and doing interviews? 

The whole thing just makes no sense, unless it's occam's razor scenario of... our staff really did just fuck up the paperwork again despite GB's insistence we wouldn't see a repeat. However, if THAT was the case then why would Jon not suggest the journalists ask Greg rather than Steve and Suhail...?

In that scenario, why submit the paperwork at all?

11 minutes ago, DE. said:

That's my issue. He's (JDT) clearly pointing the finger at those 2 specifically and let's be fair, he's certainly passed the buck onto GB on many occasions before, so it's no Freudian slip.

Maybe it's to play the 'woe is me' card? The optics of looking like they care for their 'investment' to all the fans.

Honestly, I've no idea. But the fact this is the 2nd time in 3 windows, GB's pictured shaking his hand and everything is plastered all over socials AND we seemed to change our mind on the deal and it's structure TWICE - says something of an Indian nature, stinks to high heaven 

Edited by TugaysMarlboro

12 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

They wouldn't point the finger, but they're the ones with the answers. If it was a bit of paperwork why wouldn't he mention Greg specifically who took the brunt of it last time?

Suhails only here because of Venkys, he has never had nor will he get another job in football, with his skills shown, I'll be surprised if anyone outside of Venkys ever employs him.

Waggott is on his last pay day, so will cart on until he's booted.

Neither are going to give us answers.

Edited by TugaysMarlboro

2 minutes ago, TugaysMarlboro said:

Suhails only here because of Venkys, he has never had nor will he get another job in football, with his skills shown, I'll be surprised if anyone outside of Venkys employee him.

Waggott is on his last pay day, so will cart on until he's booted.

Neither are going to give us answers.

I think you're missing the point.