BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Leicester City (h) - 01/10/23

15 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Playing attractive football going forward but being wide open on the break and shipping 3/4 every week doesn’t make you a ‘good side’. Opposing managers being a bit disingenuous with three points safely in the bag.

Though I do think we’ve enough to stay up… so job done Swag, and you can carry on thinking of other schemes to save a few pennies. 

You can’t stand still in football. You either go forwards or you go backwards. One thing I do know - don’t score goals when you have gilt edged chances  = relegation. First time I saw it was in 1966,  we had too many good players to go down then - but we did.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Ghost7 said:

One positive thing to come out of this summer is that all of the fans are now united in their opinion that the club will NEVER go anywhere while owned by Venky's. Surely.

Everyone is clear we will forever be held back by the current owners while they are here. 

The same goes for any football club with detached and uninterested owners. They are parasites to the beautiful game.

A sensible, ambitious and CONNECTED owner is the key to success and sustainability.

They’ll kill the club that’s for sure. It’ll be a slow lingering death.

This time last year we alternated between wins and losses, picking up more points than we are at present, but generally the football was dull to watch for long spells. JDT was criticised by many for the style of play. 

12 months on we are doing what people wanted. We are playing the wide open passing football so many crave. We have offloaded the 'old' players and are throwing our fate into the hands of the academy lads. Those of you who moaned about the football last year, enjoy it.

The chickens are coming home to roost. Unfortunately the scumbags overseeing it are either on the other side of the world or hiding away in the directors box whilst the manager, players and fans are the ones who suffer.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ghost7 said:

One positive thing to come out of this summer is that all of the fans are now united in their opinion that the club will NEVER go anywhere while owned by Venky's. Surely.

Everyone is clear we will forever be held back by the current owners while they are here. 

The same goes for any football club with detached and uninterested owners. They are parasites to the beautiful game.

A sensible, ambitious and CONNECTED owner is the key to success and sustainability.

I dont think incredibly there is that total agreement. Some prefer to deflect the brunt of the blame onto people over here, usually Waggott who admittedly is a pathetic CEO but still only a symptom. I think some think that once he goes things will get considerably better.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You can’t stand still in football. You either go forwards or you go backwards. One thing I do know - don’t score goals when you have gilt edged chances  = relegation. First time I saw it was in 1966,  we had too many good players to go down then - but we did.

'Best team we've played this season'  is the new 'too good to go down'

I've no doubt we'll pound someone sooner or later but the odd big win doesn't justify all these defeats.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Ghost7 said:

I think he is all that, the best manager we've had since Allardyce – the issue is it's the same owners.

the owners don`t decide to play suicide football and leave massive acres of space for the opposition to exploit do they??you can give a manager 100 million quid but if he sets a team up like jdt has been doing he won`t get results,today was all down to him,attacking a far superior team who basically soaked everything up and exploited the space that was left,we might get away with it against the poorer sides but the better ones will exploit it,thats what we are seeing this season,im`e not sure why we are playing like this tbh

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

the owners don`t decide to play suicide football and leave massive acres of space for the opposition to exploit do they??you can give a manager 100 million quid but if he sets a team up like jdt has been doing he won`t get results,today was all down to him,attacking a far superior team who basically soaked everything up and exploited the space that was left,we might get away with it against the poorer sides but the better ones will exploit it,thats what we are seeing this season,im`e not sure why we are playing like this tbh

But they have left us with such a poor and thin squad. If the owners hadnt have been so stubborn with potential sales and slashed the budget so aggressively then the disparity wouldnt be as vast.

Tomasson deserves criticism for how we are playing but to just dismiss where the main blame lies is crazy.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

He seems to only know one way of playing. You set up to make it hard for your opponents, try to negate their strengths. We should have been set much more conservatively today. Packed the midfield and made it hard for them to play through us.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

Because his remit is to develop players and add value. Points are irrelevant.  As per Waggott.

1 hour ago, alcd said:

Lose £15m a season and hope that you can develop young players of value to sell and cover the losses. Every season. Its the economics of the madhouse.

I share your frustration but what else can we do? The town doesn't seem able to sustain a club at our level 

• Backroom
5 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He seems to only know one way of playing. You set up to make it hard for your opponents, try to negate their strengths. We should have been set much more conservatively today. Packed the midfield and made it hard for them to play through us.

I don't know, we were playing a far less expansive style in the first half of last season. Wasn't pretty to watch but we got a decent points total out of it before the new year. Although I suppose it could be argued that was a mutant hybrid between JDT's style and what Mowbray left behind.  

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Yes... i really thought we would have put another defensive midfielder in today, and also have dropped pears. Both decisions to persevere seem really strange.

Keeper change is now forced. Will be interesting if we stick with the tactics. We cant keep conceding at the clip we are and not change.

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead
24 minutes ago, JohnD said:

I share your frustration but what else can we do? The town doesn't seem able to sustain a club at our level 

And yet we managed it for over 100 years before Venky’s rocked up….

• Like 8