BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Preston North End (h) - 10/11/23

20 minutes ago, booth said:

Wharton and Moran were continually fouled. Moran was fouled about 3 times within five minutes and the ref just gave them a talking to. I don't like seeing refs dishing out cards like confetti but when they are deliberately targeting a player, especially a young player, and disallowing them from playing it should be punished. Obviously a directive from the manager to stop them by any means.

14 minutes ago, booth said:

I saw a Preston player put both hands on the back of one of our lads and shove him over. Right in front of the linesman and ref. No foul.

A Wharton wins the ball from one of theirs fair and square. Foul.

Unbelievable.

Absolutely fucking shit.

There was also a clear foul in the build up to the winner that wasn't given.

• Like 2

• Backroom
11 minutes ago, Darwen Rover 007 said:

Don't know what's up with Siggy, not the man he once was, probably carrying an injury.

He came to us injured and didn't have a preseason, which obviously doesn't help. Regardless of his ability it's been far from an ideal transition into the Championship for him, which is a demanding league physically. 

Such is the situation the owners have put us in though. We've had to take punts on risky players because we have no real money to spend, aside from the £800k for Leo which was presumably taken from the amount we got for Kaminski as an absolute needs must, although truthfully I'm surprised we weren't tasked with finding a free replacement there too, or just told to use Hilton as backup. Maybe JDT put his foot down there. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I really like JDT, but I'm starting to get frustrated at his refusal to give Ennis, Leonard and Telalovic a crack.

You can't continue to start games with two slow, sub 5'8" guys playing centrally.

Both Swansea and PNE set a high line against us at Ewood, knowing that neither Szmodics or Dolan could run in behind them. When we did move the ball closer to their goal they just set up on their penalty spot knowing we couldn't whip dangerous crosses in. 

It's maddening. 

I'm the opposite. Last season I was frustrated at him not giving Adam Wharton more game time, but now it's quite clear why and it's the same reason why he's not giving Ennis, Leonard and Telalovic a crack.

It's because for whatever reason they aren't up to it.

I'll say it again, 2018 since we signed a decent striker, we sold him for £15m and didn't see any of that money on the pitch.

In terms of frustration, JDT doesn't know the half of it.

• Like 3

I'd be with you there but he gave Vale and Morton too many starts last year, and picked Pears over Kaminski in some vital fixtures. I think we'd have made the playoffs with Kaminski in goal. JDT isn't perfect selection and subs wise but has too little to choose from this year.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, booth said:

Yeah I read it the first time.

I didn't make anything up, it's all there to see. Preston were poor, yet still beat us for all the obvious reasons that have plagued us for a while now. No need to make anything up.

Nothing's made up, apart from your weird stance

Seething again, another we should have won thrown away and another set of piss weak defending from simple stuff at the death and more poor, poorly timed subs !!!

Apart from that i thought we played quite well the same old issues pop up again and again but that game was never destined to finish 1-1.  Which would have been a decent result to be fair but that lot have the vital things we are missing, physicality and a bit of seen it done it experience in the right areas.

Said it a thousand times down in recent years you cannot football your way out of this division you have to fight scrap and scrape and when  needed just put it in the mixer. They aren't a top side at all but they do the basics really well, we don't, end of story.

• Like 7

22 minutes ago, Ghost7 said:

I'd be with you there but he gave Vale and Morton too many starts last year, and picked Pears over Kaminski in some vital fixtures. I think we'd have made the playoffs with Kaminski in goal. JDT isn't perfect selection and subs wise but has too little to choose from this year.

We had the same issues with strikers and midfielders last year too. Probably more so as at least Tronstad looks alright.

Pears over Kaminski I'll never understand though. If only we hadn't sold him.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I really like JDT, but I'm starting to get frustrated at his refusal to give Ennis, Leonard and Telalovic a crack.

You can't continue to start games with two slow, sub 5'8" guys playing centrally.

Both Swansea and PNE set a high line against us at Ewood, knowing that neither Szmodics or Dolan could run in behind them. When we did move the ball closer to their goal they just set up on their penalty spot knowing we couldn't whip dangerous crosses in. 

It's maddening. 

My opinion on that is and has been from the off Ennis is a classic DoF style signing given to the head coach but definitely not the guy he asked for.

I'd say Telelovic is another.

Look we can't afford the guys you want but weve got you these two instead so get them fit and do something with them. It's crystal by now he rates neither despite what spin he might put on it, particularly Ennis who hes had veiled digs about since he first turned up.

JDT himself isn't getting off the hook tonight though the subs of Dolan and Siggy once again handed the momentum straight to the opposition. Something that happens far too often under his tenure and he needs to look at his own methods as well for the amount of games chucked away late.

• Like 2

All going to plan really. A small, inexperienced group of nice lads playing the game the 'right way'. Plenty of stats to circulate about 'average age' and 'number of academy graduates' and 'nice football' but fundamentally the name of the game is winning matches, especially at home in circumstances like tonight.

The 'powers that be' will probably be quite happy with tonight, telling themselves we were unfortunate or hard done to but in reality the main reason we lost was down to inexperience and a lack of depth. Two issues that have plagued us for a while and were exacerbated by the abysmal summer delivered by the owners.

One look at tonights bench tells me we have a serious problem.

One look at the subs being made by the two teams with 10-15 minutes remaining at 1-1 tells me we have serious problems. 

PNE make changes bringing on journeymen players who turn the game in their favour. We make changes bringing on teenagers with no experience and lose the game from a dominant position.

This isn't due to freak circumstances, it is due to budget cuts imposed upstairs.

I don't blame JDT at all. The bloke is working miracles with what he has been given.

Waggott will be tucked up in bed happy at the night's work coining in 15000 matchday tickets without a care in the world.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Upside Down said:

I saw a Preston player put both hands on the back of one of our lads and shove him over. Right in front of the linesman and ref. No foul.

A Wharton wins the ball from one of theirs fair and square. Foul.

Unbelievable.

Absolutely fucking shit.

There was also a clear foul in the build up to the winner that wasn't given.

Not to mention the ball played to the man who crossed it was offside 

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Seething again, another we should have won thrown away and another set of piss weak defending from simple stuff at the death and more poor, poorly timed subs !!!

Apart from that i thought we played quite well the same old issues pop up again and again but that game was never destined to finish 1-1.  Which would have been a decent result to be fair but that lot have the vital things we are missing, physicality and a bit of seen it done it experience in the right areas.

Said it a thousand times down in recent years you cannot football your way out of this division you have to fight scrap and scrape and when  needed just put it in the mixer. They aren't a top side at all but they do the basics really well, we don't, end of story.

Britain wrong sided on the ball in, is inexcusable since the ball was always on the right wing. How do you allow the player goal side out that wide? 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, arbitro said:

I'm beginning to think that some posters get a kick out of us losing then they can come on here and slaughter our own players and manager. I can accept criticism when it's justified. I really do wonder what some people see sometimes.

It's really weird.

We are a short, underweight, non physical team who don't like a scrap who are told to continue with dead ball routines that cause us more problems than the opposition.

We persist in trying stuff we can't do and in which we have an established record of failure, a sure sign of madness is its repetition.

I don't see that as a criticism of the manager or players, just the truth.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, BigBar said:

He definitely has talent as a coach but needs to work on his in game management and his ability to tweak his system to change a game. He got shafted by the club I have to agree there and yeah if he had 3/4 more players it would probably be a different story. Just a frustrating situation all round. I can be critical of some thing but to be fair he's done a decent job given the circumstances.

You can't play Pep football with below average Championship players end of ..

We have a side that is physically very very weak all over the pitch...

Preston over powered our light weights most of the game ....We need players who can stand up to the rigours of the Championship and fight fire with fire ..

It is mid November, the last 4 home games have been poor , it could be a very very long Winter!

• Like 4

Slept on it ... 

Yup raging. Venkyscum have a lot to answer for but I'm sick of a lack of nads , a lack of passion , a lack of nasty and a lack of shooting in games like this.

We just don't get fired up for Lancashire Derby games and worst of all the last 2 managers don't drill it into them that we need nasty bastards in Derby games and they don't have a plan b . Yes plan a is wonderful when your winning but when it's going tits up swap .

7 minutes in 6 minutes injury time were losing and  we have 2 strikers on the bench  and we fart around at the back and don't lump it . We have a free kick with about 30 secs left and goalie stopped from going up top. The mind boggles.

Who is happier this morning ...

Happy clappy tippy  tappy fans or fans of blood n snot fans

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

There is no lack of passion, those lads gave everything. The blame is at the door of these owners.

There's a massive difference between giving all and giving it Derby passion.  

Derby games need nasty tackles , in your face at the opposition,  couple of  calf scrapes and about 7 yellow cards . We  didn't do that  or we ain't in years.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

It's maddening. 

Agree, bringing on Leonard is just another run in behind type player in the mold of Dolan, Moran, Markanday etc. we have seen nothing of Ennis or Telalovic yet. We had the ball on the outskirts of their area loads last night but as usual nobody on the box if they whipped it in.

It’s on JDT you need to mix it up and have different types of play and players. He has one way of playing and when it isn’t working just seems to hope for the best rather than switch it up.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Rubbish. Impossible to focus on the positives out of a 5th home loss in 8 at "Fortress Ewood."

So lightweight, lacking an attack and the state of that subs bench shows you everything about the disregard shown by the owners.

Hadn’t realised our home form was that poor, shocking return.

• Like 1