BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Birmingham City (h) - 29/11/23 - 7.45 pm

1 minute ago, Polky said:

Wasn’t great for my ticker tonight, but a win is a win! Some lovely play at the start of the first half, we blew them away.

Hopefully we can demolish Wednesday at the weekend.

They drew with Leicester tonight. Hope they haven’t found their sea legs just yet. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Andy said:

No, Pickering has been solid tonight.

We just generally look a bit open. Siggy has been a bit wasteful and easily dispossessed, if anyone is going to be the fall guy, I guess.

To be fair Siggys pass to Moran opened it up for Leonard to score... Siggy needs games and will surely play at Sheffield on saturday... we looked better with the changes at half time. 

• Like 6

Phew! What an effort from the boys. 7th in the league despite a huge injury list and very inexperienced side.

Szmodics is the best player in the league right now. Wharton was excellent tonight too. Siggy was very disappointing when he came on though. 

Why on earth Dembele went to Birmingham, I will never know. He's way too good for them.

• Like 3

Better team with leanard over dolan, makes direct runs off the ball into box and had great link up play.

Could be a solid player in a season or two.

Lovely football, there was times i was surprised they'd managed to find a way through brums block. All attack though isnt it! Dembele looks half decent/a nuisance.. werent we looking at him?

• Like 2

Just caught the last 15 mins or so of normal time when I got in. Immensely entertaining stuff if you were a neutral , arguably at two goals up at 3-1 we were far too open though.

Not sure what our so called keeper was doing for their second, it went bang smack down the middle of the goal and he got absolutely no where near it.

Good three points things are getting mildly interesting as regards the table but I still think it's extremely hard to envisage us finishing in the top 6.

The manager continues to overperform despite a threadbare squad, a CEO who doesn't want success and a dud in situ as DOF. Well done JDT.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

AW is another that gets an absolute hammering on here so special mention for him tonight....his pass for SS's first goal was sublime, and his general play was very good. Some of the little round-the-corner passes and his awareness in general were PL level. 

I think he's absolutely top class but his style is somewhat languid so I guess that's what his detractors don't like, when things aren't going well it can look a bit like he's not putting a shift in.

• Like 4