BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Huddersfield Town (a) - 26/12/23

8 minutes ago, superniko said:

There will be about 8k on for some of the mid-week matches in 2024. 

VENKYS OUT

I said the same after the Bristol game, that was the lowest actual attendance I’d seen on ewood at a league game for a long time. A few on here robustly defended it had anything to do with our atrocious home form or their saviour JdT though.

I really don’t want to go to the Rotherham game and wouldn’t if I wasn’t a season ticket holder.

• Like 1

Just now, tomphil said:

Change the style of football to one that you don't lose so easily even from winning positions.

Aim to bring in a few more robust players instead of weedy Moran/mortan types and look to impose a style that can grind out a few points instead of attempting to win 4.3 every week.

Sadly he is the wrong man for that type of job.

I don't think you can change the style to suit this group of players. It's the culmination of years of underinvestment in the team, especially the full back positions and strikers and over reliance on youth and a lack of experience.

He's certainly the wrong man for the job but to be fair the pitch from the top was that we were going to build up the team over the seasons he was with us and aim for promotion, not have a fire sale and bring in kids and freebies and try to cling onto our league status.

• Like 3

There is little difference at times to what we saw under Coyle to what we see under JDT now hes bedded in his style and that balloon probably had worse to work with.  Although he did have more experience it just had no legs, now we have young legs but zero brains.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, yellowsubmarine said:

We are just happy passing around like Arsenal outside Hudds penalty box without doing any harm. Backline is in shambles. We cant score without a striker. This is really one of the worst Rovers performance in a long while.

It is one of the worst teams , we have had since the 1979 relegation...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Some 2,500 Rovers fans gave their time and Money to support you today....everyone of our Players AND Manager should be ashamed.

Any decent management of a football club would give their reaction to this unsatisfactory display. How dare they not turn up in front of a loyal following. 

JDTs comments will be interesting but right now I want to hear Venkys have gone.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

You don’t identify and sign sub standard players.

We had a reasonably strong team out today yet have been abysmal 

That’s down to the manger who gets too much of a free ride from many fans

The Burnley away game last season marked my card. That was the worst performance against Burnley in my lifetime.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, booth said:

I don't think you can change the style to suit this group of players. It's the culmination of years of underinvestment in the team, especially the full back positions and strikers and over reliance on youth and a lack of experience.

He's certainly the wrong man for the job but to be fair the pitch from the top was that we were going to build up the team over the seasons he was with us and aim for promotion, not have a fire sale and bring in kids and freebies and try to cling onto our league status.

Indeed but iv'e been asking him to wise up a bit for months now but it seems the whole club has this football blueprint now running through it.

If you stuck this squad and gaffer in the middle of league one and did it i still think we'd get bullied off the park most weeks but wouldn't pay the same price for our constant mistakes.

It's all wrong for a club with no pot to piss in, no ambition other than to look like we are trying to entertain and make a few players look good enough to sell. I'm 10% convinced that with a midtable budget it would work and he'd have us chasing the top 6 regularly but with this squad and budget it will deliver nothing.

He is clueless to anything other than playing this way after being at a club in a weaker league, 2 or 3 teams aside, and having the biggest budget to win titles.

Worst in game manager iv'e seen here since Kean or Coyle and i'll die on that hill.

• Like 3

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The Burnley away game last season marked my card. That was the worst performance against Burnley in my lifetime.

I have seen very few derby games at any level with one side performing as bad as that day.