BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Huddersfield Town (h) - 20/01/2024

7 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Tomasson has given up IMO and is going through the motions until the season ends and he can go. I’m surprised he’s still here to be honest. 

If he's given up he's never going to make it as a manager, hope there's more to him than that other wise he is done.

That said this run and the teams total inability to get back into games when we go behind since he arrived does suggest he is the epitomy of a fair weather manager.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jim mk2 said:

Who’d have Tony Mowbray back?

Birmingham away next month. Should be interesting 

if it was 2017 Mowbray when he arrived here, abso fucking lutely. exactly the type of kick we need.

16 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Injuries blah blah blah

the owners blah blah blah

lack of money blah blah blah

poor recruitment blah blah blah

why does Tomasson keep getting a free ride? 

Which of the numerous posters who have asked at the end of this match for him to be sacked are you referring to as giving him a 'free ride'?

Some positives are that Pears was an upgrade on Wahlstad. Adam Wharton played well, nicked the ball off the defender and took his goal well. JRC looked decent when he came on but unfit, how we've missed him emerging from his defence to give their defenders something to think about. Hyam was better today too.

We're still playing without a proper striker. The one masquerading as one put in the least amount of effort to defend. The tallest man on the pitch made himself the smallest at the most crucial of moments and it's 1-1.

Then he was downed in the box, a certain penalty, but the referee waved it away.

Two defenders down injured. The one to Carter seemed to really affect us, which was bizarre as we rightly didn't change shape or tactics. Heads seemed to drop simply because Carter got injured.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

Which of the numerous posters who have asked at the end of this match for him to be sacked are you referring to as giving him a 'free ride'?

There’s always an excuse for Tomasson. You’re one of the culprits 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Injuries blah blah blah

Cos he smiles a lot and has played in the World Cup mitigates the fact that he is a shit head coach. Add in his condescending attitude to everyone who questions him by deflecting his answers to the “new coach”. He wins some people over.  Not me. Fucking clueless. He has no fucking idea how to set up a team not to concede. Oh for Howard Kendall

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Tomasson has given up IMO and is going through the motions until the season ends and he can go. I’m surprised he’s still here to be honest. 

He probably regrets not going in the Summer when they told him about the cuts.

Now, as others have said, he will stick it out unless / until he gets a pay off.

He’s not blameless, for sure, but the club is rudderless, bereft of ambition and owned and run by impostors.

Edited by martonrover
  • Like 7

3 minutes ago, booth said:

Some positives are that Pears was an upgrade on Wahlstad. Adam Wharton played well, nicked the ball off the defender and took his goal well. JRC looked decent when he came on but unfit, how we've missed him emerging from his defence to give their defenders something to think about. Hyam was better today too.

We're still playing without a proper striker. The one masquerading as one put in the least amount of effort to defend. The tallest man on the pitch made himself the smallest at the most crucial of moments and it's 1-1.

Then he was downed in the box, a certain penalty, but the referee waved it away.

Two defenders down injured. The one to Carter seemed to really affect us, which was bizarre as we rightly didn't change shape or tactics. Heads seemed to drop simply because Carter got injured.

Players feeling sorry for them selves ? Not a good sign.

1 minute ago, martonrover said:

He probably regrets not going in the Summer when they told him they were cnuts.

Now, as others have said, he will stick it out unless / until he gets a pay off.

He’s not blameless, for sure, but the club is rudderless, bereft of ambition and being  owned and run by impostors.

Changed it

Edited by roverandout
  • Like 1

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Don't. Not even in jest.

He's just been interviewed on 5 live.

Said it was the "start of a journey". I kid you not.

Well, the "journey" he initiated here allowing key players to walk for nothing and spending £5m on garbage like Gallagher looks set to terminate in League 1 or even lower.

It was tongue in cheek and we had some poor periods under him

But this present team is the far worse than any of his sides IMO and the manager doesn’t seem to know what to do. It’s going to be really touch and go whether we stay up

1 minute ago, ossyian said:

Cos he smiles a lot and has played in the World Cup mitigates the fact that he is a shit head coach. Add in his condescending attitude to everyone who questions him by deflecting his answers to the “new coach”. He wins some people over.  Not me. Fucking clueless. He has no fucking idea how to set up a team not to concede. Oh for Howard Kendall

A shit 'head coach' or a shit head 'coach'. I can go for either but I really need to know which you mean.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Injuries blah blah blah

If he is getting a free ride it's probably because he led us to our best league finish since the fuckwits took over.

Then the injuries blah blah blah, owners blah blah blah, lack of money blah blah blah and poor recruitment blah blah blah came along.

Though it's arguable that he's not getting a free ride at all seeing as it seems most fans want him sacked.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

There’s always an excuse for Tomasson. You’re one of the culprits 

Back that up by pointing to an excuse I've made for Tomasson today. You're making shit up.

• Like 1

We were fortunate to get a point as Huddersfield missed a couple of great chances. We huffed and puffed but never looked like winning it, as we did not create a real chance.

What is alarming is how open we look at the back when our attacks break down. It's wild football at times, piling too many forward and not being able to get back in sufficient numbers.

I couldn't believe what I was seeing as a Huddersfield forward went rampaging down our left on the counter, free as you like, a completely free run into the box! He was played in on goal but luckily for us, skewed it wide.

We look extremely vulnerable to counter attacks. Look at the Huddersfield chance in the first half. One ball puts their striker through just inside the halfway line and he runs clear into our box! Any half decent team in the Championship will take advantage of this bad setup.

JDT has to walk, imo. It's just not working out. The whole environment from the top down is wrong. A toxic, aimless, gutless setup. An agents playground, where winning means little.

JDT arrived here in the wrong era and under the wrong people. Not his fault on that front. The club is not what he probably remembers it as being from his playing days in England.

I don't know if he is reluctant to walk away because he walked away at a previous club. Maybe he doesn't want to gain a reputation for quitting?

I wouldn't blame him for walking. It's probably best all round that he does. Well, it's not, because we will still have the same shit owners and yes men in the Boardroom, but something has to give to try and change these poor results.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Players feeling sorry for them selves ? Not a good sign.

Just weird really, we were playing well at the time and 1-0 up. Carter gets injured, then there's a like for like replacement and the entire team reacted like they were in mourning. Does Scott Wharton have BO or something?

Five minutes later we do concede a goal.

• Like 1