BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Huddersfield Town (h) - 20/01/2024

Just now, roversfan99 said:

The main issue is the owners cutting the budgets etc but this current run isnt acceptable even with the current players. The selection today was bizarre and the shape post substitutions was laughable. Also a better coached side would not be so bad from attacking set pieces and concede so often from defensive ones.

I think there's a lot with their heads in the sand because getting rid of the guy in the dugout is a more realistic option than the owners disappearing up their own backsides. Only one of those things will make any difference at all. It wasn't great before the injuries and now it's at breaking point. We had the CEO state clearly what the expectations were for this season so to them it's entirely acceptable.

We conceded because Sorba Thomas produced the only good corner that Ewood has seen him produce, and Gallagher is a fucking useless lump.

• Like 2

Overall it was poor performance but its point on the board. 

Surprised he changed formation but its was good start. Good finish by Wharton. After Carter went off our performance dropped off. 

Second half we dominated the ball but couldn't created the golden chance we need. 

When JRC and Sigurdsson came on I expected us to 4-2-3-1 formation but we didn't. Guess JDT wanted to stay with 3 at the back.  I did think JRC was to score with 2 minutes to score..

Pears did very well and Hyam look better today. 

What this team is some new signings before the deadline ends. 

27 minutes ago, martonrover said:

No chance of that whilst Broughton is DOF, but I agree, we need to get rid of this pretentious structure and appoint a manager who has more control.

14 minutes ago, martonrover said:

It’s Broughton’s budget, not Tomasson’s.

If JDT falls on his sword, (unlikely), Broughton will be pulling the strings of his replacement, who, like Tomasson, will be a Head Coach, not a manager.

We need a manager who knows what he’s doing, not a mid ranking civil servant who took a wrong turn and ended up at Brockhall.

What this team needs is some new signings not changing our footballing structure or JDT as head coach

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

He talked about calming expectations, to me thats just typical manager spiel, trying to lower expectations. Tomasson has been doing it all season. The last January window, Mowbray said he had turned down loans from the Premier League and that he wanted to sell Rothwell as he wanted to spend but he was blocked. In that same window, Revidge claimed he had turned down funds to spend. That was bollocks.

But again my point was that hes been gone for 18 months and yet for Revidge he is still getting more blame than the owners somehow.

If that money was unspent, why does it then vanish?

No, he said what I already said that he said. I'm not going to keep arguing with you about it though, you've clearly forgotten.

• Like 1

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Overall it was poor performance but its point on the board. 

Surprised he changed formation but its was good start. Good finish by Wharton. After Carter went off our performance dropped off. 

Second half we dominated the ball but couldn't created the golden chance we need. 

When JRC and Sigurdsson came on I expected us to 4-2-3-1 formation but we didn't. Guess JDT wanted to stay with 3 at the back.  I did think JRC was to score with 2 minutes to score..

Pears did very well and Hyam look better today. 

What this team is some new signings before the deadline ends. 

What this team needs is some new signings not changing our footballing structure or JDT as head coach

Ahhh, the ever reliable positivity train trundles into the station.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, ABBEY said:

That was piss poor again . Yes the situation is the situation but but but at the end of the day them lads are rovers first team and representing the town . 

Not representing me...I'd rather watch the B&D Schoolboys....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Ahhh, the ever reliable positivity train trundles into the station.

It must be wonderful living in this alternative universe where we're only a couple of signings (which aren't coming anyway) away from turning the corner.

Whilst having no concerns whatsoever about the carnage the Club finds itself in. The entire future of the Club is very much in the balance and appears to be hanging by a thread.

• Like 3

I thought JDT got it wrong today.

He's changed the shape to make us harder to beat and get a bit more athleticism in the side. It worked until Carter went off and they suddenly it all looked off.

It felt to me that the change of shape didn't make us more defensively sound and took away a lot of our attacking movement and ball rotations (the one thing we do well). I thought that was partly to blame for the poor performance of the usually reliable tronstad who didn't seem to know who to pass to today. Ironically of all the goals we've conceded recently today's was the least offensive, cracking ball in from Thomas (where was that last season!). It just frustrating it was another corner.

From where I was sitting, it was only some really poor finishing from huddersfield that got us a point. I said before the game that if we won today it would set up an okay 2nd half of the season. I must say I'm worried now.

If the manager can't get work with what he's got or isn't prepared to work within the austerity project, then he should resign. He's missed a trick not doing so in the summer. I remain a fan of his but I'm not convinced he's the asset he was in our current situation. 

Edited by BlackburnEnd75
Missing words / flow
  • Like 4

My personal opinion.. 

Looks like the manager is giving up, the players are trying but are they really trying, I'm not convinced, I think they are giving up, the fans feel like they are giving up...

I've been mega positive for a while but honestly, I think we are flogging a dead horse... 

• Like 1

What marks this game out for me is the way that the media now refers to us as 'Struggling Blackburn'. The writing is now not only on the wall, its wrapped around your flaming fish and chips too.

What has happened to the crisp passing, penetrating runs and ability to hold onto the ball? We look miles off the mark these past 8 games, and there is no cutting edge to our forward play, just endless tippy tappy short pass/ shoulder shrugging lack of taking responsibility.

Somethings gotta change.

• Like 4

There needs to be more of a spotlight on this so called DoF and his recruitment.

If he didn't really want Szmodics last year then what are his successes? The 2 he has brought in so far this transfer window look unimpressive so far and, added to the shambolic summer recruitment, his overall performance on that front is pretty dire.

JDT is hardly covering himself in glory but the tools at his disposal (and I use that word deliberately) are hardly helping. It's about time the mute bald headed shithouse found his voice and communicated the plan, if there is one.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

It must be wonderful living in this alternative universe where we're only a couple of signings (which aren't coming anyway) away from turning the corner.

Whilst having no concerns whatsoever about the carnage the Club finds itself in. The entire future of the Club is very much in the balance and appears to be hanging by a thread.

If you don't like my posts just ignore them. 

I have posted my concerns about the club itself but I don't it in the match threads. 

Anyway, I'm off to watch Sarah Millican at King's George Hall in Blackburn. 

Enjoy your night people 

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

A couple of months ago we were told that JDT was leading us to the Play Offs.

I swear that a positive would be found if Ewood Park was about to be bulldozed.

2 minutes ago, Darwen Rover 007 said:

My personal opinion.. 

Looks like the manager is giving up, the players are trying but are they really trying, I'm not convinced, I think they are giving up, the fans feel like they are giving up...

I've been mega positive for a while but honestly, I think we are flogging a dead horse... 

The most worrying thing (apart from the owners) is the CEO at the head of the Club running the whole operation. He's freely admitted results don't matter to him so what hope is there of any positive action being taken to try and remedy the situation at any point?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Those actually aren't contradictions, all three can simultaneously be true. Ultimately if the manager and/or players aren't good enough, that all boils down to Venkys.

Without context yes, but is it not a contradiction to blame the manager and players whilst completely acknowledging that the owners shat in our general direction after a decent season, with the same head coach and many of the same players?

Same as when I see people say that no coach/manager could work under these restrictions then say Tomasson needs to go.

• Moderation Lead

The club is an absolute shambles.

Play a certain way, to add value to players, so we can make them more saleable>defending properly & winning football matches.

Why the fuck are we Crewe Alexandra from the 90s? Completely pointless existence.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, LDRover said:

There needs to be more of a spotlight on this so called DoF and his recruitment.

If he didn't really want Szmodics last year then what are his successes? The 2 he has brought in so far this transfer window look unimpressive so far and, added to the shambolic summer recruitment, his overall performance on that front is pretty dire.

JDT is hardly covering himself in glory but the tools at his disposal (and I use that word deliberately) are hardly helping. It's about time the mute bald headed shithouse found his voice and communicated the plan, if there is one.

Nah you can't just take away szmodics from him. Give him stick cos some of these signings aren't upto it at all but he pulled the trigger on szmodics.