BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

John Eustace - our head coach

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

One of the best moments of the game yesterday was when Scott Wharton smashed into Frokjaer-Jensen who up to then I thought was their best player. Scott won the ball and followed through making sure he hurt the Nobber. He limped around for a bit and wasn't half as effective after that. More of that will do for me.

the old reducer or as my dad used to say "make sure he knows you are there lad!!!"

i can understand eustace philosphy at the moment,just make us defensively better and harder to beat,hopefully next season he can actually give us an identity and an attacking plan,though personally i think he`ll be off when he finds out there is no money to spend despite us spending hardly anything this season and taking in 18 million from adam wharton

• Moderation Lead
3 hours ago, 47er said:

People were saying that when the gap was 10 points---it’s now only five.

I’m not saying it won’t be tight, but people saying we’re nailed on for relegation are confusing us with Rotherham.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

I’m not saying it won’t be tight, but people saying we’re nailed on for relegation are confusing us with Rotherham.

A couple of weeks ago, some were saying that they could not see where the next point was coming from, well thats four points from three games.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Was Johnsons win that 😂 no chance Eustace has that win.

Why do you think he (as part of a caretaker duo with Lowe getting no credit) do you give him the sole credit for that win?

Tomasson did training Wednesday, they were off Thursday so those 2 only did the Friday and then had a long meeting with Eustace who clearly outlined how to play hence why weve continued to do that since.

4 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Was Johnsons win that 😂 no chance Eustace has that win.

In a pre match interview for Birmingham he was asked about his first game in charge being against his former club. I don't recall him correcting the interviewer saying it was his second after Stoke. So yes,  it's on to Cardiff to see if he can chalk up his first win. Not much new manager bounce going on here. I seem to recall he took time to get going at brum initially before he turned it round.  We desperately need that first win on the board or we will be in a dogfight before you know it

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

Staggered, but not surprised, how easy you switch seamlessly from one horse to the next.

Firstly, you praised JDT to the hilt for his football principles and style of play and how all new signings should be made cognizant to that style; you then went on to say should JDTleave, he should be replaced by a manager / coach with exactly the same principles etc.

JDT and Eustace are chalk and cheese yet you are lapping it all up.

Your stuff about "a team who will fight and commit for the shirt and the fans" is also what Big Sam's Rovers did in the main and his football was pilloried by the likes of you.

You must be Waggott's dream!!!

What you seems to forget here is when JDT came in last season he made solid defensive and we develop our attacking style as the season went on. Eustace is doing the same but we are a scrap at the minute and results has to come first. 

Funny enough, You asked me for my shortlist to replace JDT and Eustace was on that list. 

On Big Sam, I didn't pilloried for the first 18 months but after that he wanted to leave us for a job in Dubai and his football didn't develop at all where someone like Mark Hughes or JDT style did. That's what I think Eustace will so. 

32 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

What you seems to forget here is when JDT came in last season he made solid defensive and we develop our attacking style as the season went on. Eustace is doing the same but we are a scrap at the minute and results has to come first. 

Funny enough, You asked me for my shortlist to replace JDT and Eustace was on that list. 

On Big Sam, I didn't pilloried for the first 18 months but after that he wanted to leave us for a job in Dubai and his football didn't develop at all where someone like Mark Hughes or JDT style did. That's what I think Eustace will so. 

So JDT was solid defensively when he first arrived but then we started leaking like a sieve and he hadn't a clue how to stop it?!

Think the 'attacking style' developed as and when the players knew how to adapt to JDT's requirements.

As posted previously, for me jury out on Eustace.  Limited experience at league level (60ish games), solid rather spectacular at Brum (as was Bowyer here when first appointed) and talking of Bowyer, too much 'luvvy, luvvy, family' stuff - little wonder likes of Brittain enjoying life.  We need an aggressive, hard bastard who takes no prisoners.

Edited by Mercer

9 minutes ago, Mercer said:

So JDT was solid defensively when he first arrived but then we started leaking like a sieve and he hadn't a clue how to stop it?!

Think the 'attacking style' developed as and when the players knew how to adapt to JDT's requirements.

We were much better defensively from open play. A mad 5 mins cost us 2 points but plenty of positives to take

As posted previously, for me jury out on Eustace.  Limited experience at league level (60ish games), sold rather spectacular at Brum (as was Bowyer here when first appointed) and talking of Bowyer, too much 'luvvy, luvvy, family' stuff - little wonder likes of Brittain enjoying life. 

Brittain was very good yesterday actually in the point we got there which you thought we wouldn't get

We need an aggressive, hard bastard who takes no prisoners.

Living in the past again Mercer. Football has moved on 

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Living in the past again Mercer. Football has moved on 

No it hasn't Chaddy - you really think likes of Klopp, Arteta, Dyche etc aren't hard and aggressive with their players!?

2 hours ago, rigger said:

A couple of weeks ago, some were saying that they could not see where the next point was coming from, well thats four points from three games.

Pretty much. It's shite, but effective football - I hope that's not his mantra going forward, but I suspect it might be. 

2 minutes ago, martonrover said:

If Eustace is dependent on cheap, terrible Broughton signings, then keeping us in the Championship every season will be a relative success.

That's why he's here Waggot will see to that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

No it hasn't Chaddy - you really think likes of Klopp, Arteta, Dyche etc aren't hard and aggressive with their players!?

Firstly thought we were talking players not managers.

And how do you know Eustace isnt hard and aggressive behind the scenes? 

He is very demand and constant shouts instructions from the touchline. Guess you didn't see that yesterday. 

37 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

woe betide him if he turns us into a luton, shows unexpected success,builds a side on a shoestring and looks to be threatening the top six😁

He may have those capabilities and intentions but once its been derailed from upstairs he won't be doing it here.

This is journey number 3 in the last 3 years and the train will be off the tracks again before we get anywhere near the station named 'Play Off City'.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

What you seems to forget here is when JDT came in last season he made solid defensive 

Are you re-writing history again lad? We got pasted 3-0 off Reading and Sheff United back to back in his first month at the helm 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1