BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

John Eustace - our head coach

16 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Nah, he's an English manager that wears a tracksuit on the touchline and talks in a Brummie accent - he'd have to take Rovers up to ever sniff the PL. 

I’m not talking Premier League, I’m talking ambitious Championship sides that might start struggling - Hull or Sheff Wed say, even Leeds or Boro. There’s plenty that want out of this division, unfortunately we aren’t one of them.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

2 hours ago, JeffRover said:

Last seasons disaster is completely on the club. To blame it solely on JDT ‘downing tools’ is total bunkum. JDT was consistently undermined and worked against by those above him despite almost masterminding a play off finish miracle the season before. He even offered to leave for free in Summer 2023 when the budget was abruptly changed as he saw that the club might need a more pragmatic manager to get results. 3 deadline day deals not completed and banned by Maggott from speaking to the media the day before a vital game. He told those in power some uncomfortable home truths and they’ll never forgive him for it.

The injuries were ruthless too.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, booth said:

The injuries were ruthless too.

Yes, by December we really were running on fumes. That squad we had last year was absolutely awful.

Funny how when JDT and the Egg wanted to bring in some experience they were blocked by the owners.

When the manager offers his resignation before the season starts and he's forced to stay it's never going to end well.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, JeffRover said:

Last seasons disaster is completely on the club. To blame it solely on JDT ‘downing tools’ is total bunkum. JDT was consistently undermined and worked against by those above him despite almost masterminding a play off finish miracle the season before. He even offered to leave for free in Summer 2023 when the budget was abruptly changed as he saw that the club might need a more pragmatic manager to get results. 3 deadline day deals not completed and banned by Maggott from speaking to the media the day before a vital game. He told those in power some uncomfortable home truths and they’ll never forgive him for it.

He downed tools as he clearly wanted sacking and his ambivalence filtered down to the team. He should have just resigned if he was unhappy but instead it dragged on to the detriment of the club and by the time he finally left we were completely broken. I’m sure they would have accepted his resignation once things turned sour. I don’t blame him for this as he’s not a fan of the club and has every right to look after his own personal interests. Of course the ultimate blame lies with our ridiculous owners/Waggot. JDT is an excellent coach and was let down terribly. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Who else tells a coach that he can’t leave when he’s made it plain that his time is up ? 

Complete madness. Only under the Chicken Chokers.

Can an employer actually do this though? There’s more to this than meets the eye. It’s his right to resign surely? 

Just now, Gamst said:

Can an employer actually do this though? There’s more to this than meets the eye. It’s his right to resign surely? 

Other way round I'd say - it's our right to hold him to his contract.

He could have walked out and tried to claim constructive dismissal though I suppose.

• Like 1

Still early days for Eustace but looks a lot more promising this season than it did last. There seems to be more pissing about at the back creeping in which I'm not a fan off but its not an obsession like it was with JDT.

4 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Other way round I'd say - it's our right to hold him to his contract.

He could have walked out and tried to claim constructive dismissal though I suppose.

Not according to ACAS 

You cannot reject an employee's resignation. However, a conversation might help you find out if there are problems that can be resolved. This might be enough for the employee to choose to stay”

Rarely in football does a manager purely resign from a club with no form of severance package or agreement in place. Just look a few miles west of Rovers. I doubt Lowe walked away with nothing. In fact, Ridsdale said he had to discuss it for several hours with him. If he wanted to just f*ck off it could have taken 5 minutes. That’s now how it works for any manager.

4 hours ago, roverblue said:

Still early days for Eustace but looks a lot more promising this season than it did last. There seems to be more pissing about at the back creeping in which I'm not a fan off but its not an obsession like it was with JDT.

There are plenty of ways to score goals. Saturday’s was a perfect example. From our keeper to the back of their net with two bounces ! Classic ale house team goal. I loved it.

There’s still a lot of skill involved. Good long ball out from Pears to our striker, he out jumps the defenders and flicks on a perfectly judged header and Weimann hits a beauty into the far corner. 

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, JeffRover said:

Rarely in football does a manager purely resign from a club with no form of severance package or agreement in place. Just look a few miles west of Rovers. I doubt Lowe walked away with nothing. In fact, Ridsdale said he had to discuss it for several hours with him. If he wanted to just f*ck off it could have taken 5 minutes. That’s now how it works for any manager.

The story that has been reported is that he offered to walk away for free though. Maybe the story is rubbish and I’m not sure where it came from. I’m sure this seldom happens in reality but he could walk away for free if he felt it was the best thing for the club. As I say, he’s not a fan and has every right to put himself first so I understand why he wouldn’t do this. 

21 minutes ago, Gamst said:

I know that Steve Kean's contract had something in where he had to pay the club 12 months salary if he left of his own choosing (new job or resigning). 

• Like 1

Here it is. So whilst JDT technically offered to leave for nothing, the club would actually have been entitled to money off him (assuming a similar contract). This is why managers rarely resign these days - it's usually mutual consent. 

Screenshot_2024-09-02-09-36-37-102-edit_cn.wps.xiaomi.abroad.lite.jpg

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Gamst said:

The story that has been reported is that he offered to walk away for free though. Maybe the story is rubbish and I’m not sure where it came from. I’m sure this seldom happens in reality but he could walk away for free if he felt it was the best thing for the club. As I say, he’s not a fan and has every right to put himself first so I understand why he wouldn’t do this. 

He could have walked away without taking any severance easily enough but unless it had been agreed with the club he wouldn't be able to take another job until his contract expired.

I suspect the club wouldn't release him from that aspect of the contract.

He stayed on, we had a decent enough start then the paper thin squad was riddled with injuries and form started to take a nosedive. Once the Sweden job came his way he was clearly looking for an out and had lost all interest in working for the frauds at Ewood.

All could have easily been avoided by giving him the actual backing he wanted and needed instead of having a fire sale and deliberately weakening the squad.

Also what left winger posted above.

Edited by Upside Down

20 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Here it is. So whilst JDT technically offered to leave for nothing, the club would actually have been entitled to money off him (assuming a similar contract). This is why managers rarely resign these days - it's usually mutual consent. 

Screenshot_2024-09-02-09-36-37-102-edit_cn.wps.xiaomi.abroad.lite.jpg

And in true Rovers style we conducted that exact severance negotiation. But we didn’t do it in the summer when we had time to spare. We did it in early February after we had plunged ourselves into crisis and carnage.

54 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

There are plenty of ways to score goals. Saturday’s was a perfect example. From our keeper to the back of their net with one bounce ! Classic ale house team goal. I loved it.

There’s still a lot of skill involved. Good long ball out from Pears to our striker, he out jumps the defenders and flicks on a perfectly judged header and Weimann hits a beauty into the far corner. 

It's stupid that this is being perceived as "bad football" or something along those lines. Liverpool and other of the top teams have been doing it for years. It's just about being able to mix it up. Which is exactly what we seem to  be doing under Eustace. 

1 minute ago, alexanders said:

It's stupid that this is being perceived as "bad football" or something along those lines. Liverpool and other of the top teams have been doing it for years. It's just about being able to mix it up. Which is exactly what we seem to  be doing under Eustace. 

Yeah that’s true. I remember Forest playing a top German team in the old European Cup. Forest had footballed the German team to death but just couldn’t score. The Germans were defending masterfully. Then with the last kick of the game the Forest keeper belted a long ball down field, both German centre halves went for the same ball and collided, missing the ball altogether. A Forest striker ran on to it and banged it into the net.  1-0

• Backroom
59 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Yeah that’s true. I remember Forest playing a top German team in the old European Cup. Forest had footballed the German team to death but just couldn’t score. The Germans were defending masterfully. Then with the last kick of the game the Forest keeper belted a long ball down field, both German centre halves went for the same ball and collided, missing the ball altogether. A Forest striker ran on to it and banged it into the net.  1-0

Koln?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gamst said:

The club where probably worried he would walk straight into another job last summer and they would have wanted compensation. 

It's like Ashworth at Newcastle,  why couldn't he just resign and take the United job