BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

John Eustace - our head coach

While things did become incredibly toxic in JDT's last six months, him obviously wanting out and passive aggressively slamming the club (justifiably) with that cheeky chappy smile, it wasn't all idyllic in his first season. 

The losses to Burnley away (the Mola call smacks of arrogance, especially in light of what Scott Wharton has said since JDT left) and Preston at home were massive lows and then the insistence on sticking with Pears even when the cracks started showing cost us a play off place imo. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SpaceBarSlam said:

While things did become incredibly toxic in JDT's last six months, him obviously wanting out and passive aggressively slamming the club (justifiably) with that cheeky chappy smile, it wasn't all idyllic in his first season. 

The losses to Burnley away (the Mola call smacks of arrogance, especially in light of what Scott Wharton has said since JDT left) and Preston at home were massive lows and then the insistence on sticking with Pears even when the cracks started showing cost us a play off place imo. 

He blotted his copybook for me with that debacle at Burnley and he never really won me back over after that.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Gamst said:

Not according to ACAS 

You cannot reject an employee's resignation. However, a conversation might help you find out if there are problems that can be resolved. This might be enough for the employee to choose to stay”

That's nonsense.

What's the point in ever having a contract then?

2 hours ago, roverandout said:

Remember the fiasco with henning berg. He was promised a 1 million pound severance package if he was sacked. Or something to that effect

I thought we had to pay out the entirety of his contract due to Shaw removing a clause without Venky's knowledge?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

I thought we had to pay out the entirety of his contract due to Shaw removing a clause without Venky's knowledge?

Have a read of this and see how many fuck ups by the club you can count 🤔🧐

https://employmentcasesupdate.co.uk/content/berg-v-blackburn-rovers-football-club-athletic-plc-2013-ewhc-1070-ch.fffeef86f1274dfc98e3398b29367772.htm#:~:text=In my judgment it is,Berg.

Edited by wilsdenrover
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

Al least we learned our lessons and have appointed competent people ever since, who don't make such silly mistakes, accidentally on purpose.

Oh wait!!!

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto Mk2 said:

I’m beginning to think Eustace might be a reincarnation of Gordon Lee - pragmatic Midlander, had the best midfielder and top striker sold from under him, great organiser….promotion winner in his first season here??

They appear quite similar in character. Not guys you’d want to get on the wrong side of.

2 hours ago, SpaceBarSlam said:

Given JDT offered his resignation when he learnt the budget and targets had changed. Its seems that GB, Pasha and Waggott rejected it and that's where the problems started from. From comments from Brittain, Wharton and Eustace, its seems that the problems behind the scenes, team spirit at rock bottom. 

On you point about Mola starting that game, Its seem to me that JDT tried to less of passion games for the Rovers fans within the team and wasn't Adam Wharton not allow on the coach for the Burnley away game. 

20 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto Mk2 said:

I’m beginning to think Eustace might be a reincarnation of Gordon Lee - pragmatic Midlander, had the best midfielder and top striker sold from under him, great organiser….promotion winner in his first season here??

He reminds me of more like Mark Hughes, I was born 10 years after his time here

3 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

That's nonsense.

The employee will still have to serve a period of notice. In the case of football contracts they will usually be for 3 or 4 years so one year in to a contract the employee will still have to serve the remainder of their contract period.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Given JDT offered his resignation when he learnt the budget and targets had changed. Its seems that GB, Pasha and Waggott rejected it and that's where the problems started from. From comments from Brittain, Wharton and Eustace, its seems that the problems behind the scenes, team spirit at rock bottom. 

On you point about Mola starting that game, Its seem to me that JDT tried to less of passion games for the Rovers fans within the team and wasn't Adam Wharton not allow on the coach for the Burnley away game. 

He reminds me of more like Mark Hughes, I was born 10 years after his time here

You were born in 2018?

Edited by roverandout

8 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

That's nonsense.

It’s the law. You can’t force someone to come to work if they don’t want to and you can’t say no if they want to quit. It’s not a gulag. 

24 minutes ago, Gamst said:

It’s the law. You can’t force someone to come to work if they don’t want to and you can’t say no if they want to quit. It’s not a gulag. 

Somebody in JDT’s position can walk away at any time, so you’re right. But there will be legal consequences afterwards.

52 minutes ago, Gamst said:

It would have cost him money to quit which was why he requested to be released from his contract. The club refused in summer 23, then agreed 6 months later. 

10 hours ago, roverandout said:

Talking of former managers. Tony Mowbray looks really ill.  I know he's had some health problems but I didn't realise it was this bad

Screenshot_20240902-225136_Samsung Internet.jpg

I wouldn’t have immediately recognised him going off that photo. It doesn’t look like he’ll be back in football now. Get well soon Tony.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, roverandout said:

Talking of former managers. Tony Mowbray looks really ill.  I know he's had some health problems but I didn't realise it was this bad

Screenshot_20240902-225136_Samsung Internet.jpg

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I wouldn’t have immediately recognised him going off that photo. It doesn’t look like he’ll be back in football now. Get well soon Tony.

https://www.si.com/soccer/sunderland/i-m-feeling-good-former-sunderland-boss-tony-mowbray-gives-positive-health-update

• Like 3

This post is in whispering mode

We seem to have a Manager who has ambition and knows what he is doing and is ruthless and has the squad on board with him.

We seem to have squad depth and a good balance of youth and experience and several goal threats 

And in ACD and Cantwell we have two shots at Championship Player of the Year if they come good

First time we have had all three in combination since Souey.

We might even have a good January transfer window

OK gone for a lie down

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, philipl said:

This post is in whispering mode

We seem to have a Manager who has ambition and knows what he is doing and is ruthless and has the squad on board with him.

We seem to have squad depth and a good balance of youth and experience and several goal threats 

And in ACD and Cantwell we have two shots at Championship Player of the Year if they come good

First time we have had all three in combination since Souey.

We might even have a good January transfer window

OK gone for a lie down

Is the Brighton lad really in for a shot of championship player of the year? Having never played a senior men’s game before?

Also in whisper and fingers crossed mode but we might have landed on the championship version of Hughes here !

By that i mean he'll mix it up and sometimes we'll be ugly, boring, hard to beat but other times he'll go for it. Emphasis on getting it forward quicker whether by long ball or counter and finally a big man up top.

Won't always be pretty he'll manage games as he sees fit in terms of trying to not get beat or go for the three points, last season showed that.  Won't always be pretty but it's refreshing to be back to what seems like Championship football, not continental that won't work without great players and not water treading just keep everybody happy and plod on.

They must back him with every bit of loose change they possibly can like Williams did with Hughes albeit at a far different income level.

Mention to the backroom team and recruitment mob as well.

• Like 3