BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

John Eustace - our head coach

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

which clubs do you think would take Eustace from us? 

Given they sacked their head coach this morning and they already moved for Norwich first team coach straight away would lead me to this move was planned. 

Any club with a solid grounding who are willing to follow through on what they say and offer him an opportunity to get out of the league…🤷🏽‍♂️

26 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Any club with a solid grounding who are willing to follow through on what they say and offer him an opportunity to get out of the league…🤷🏽‍♂️

I think he has good opportunity here. You can see what he has done with the team, team spirit at great level and the players and coaching staff are together as one. 

Given what happened to him at Birmingham and the Stoke chopping board (and the "opportunity" to reunite with players bounced out of Ewood... ), Stoke don't bother me.

When Everton fire Dyche in November if we are continuing our run is a whole different matter.

10 hours ago, CambridgeRover said:

But winning games doesn't just magically happen. It happens as a result of planning out transfer windows and tactics and aligning them to a manger

That wasn't the 'project' that they banged on about. What you are saying isn't a project, it's standard practice at normal clubs.

21 minutes ago, arbitro said:

That wasn't the 'project' that they banged on about. What you are saying isn't a project, it's standard practice at normal clubs.

The project that JDT talked about was the project that was sold to him. Promotion to the premier league via development of players and reinvestment into the squad. I.E a multi window plan for the transfer market. Nothing more or less

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CambridgeRover said:

The project that JDT talked about was the project that was sold to him. Promotion to the premier league via development of players and reinvestment into the squad. I.E a multi window plan for the transfer market. Nothing more or less

And that went well didn't it.

The abject failure of that proves my point that talk of 'projects' in football is folly.

16 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

was he gullible , arrogant or stupid for not knowing how the pune rats run things

One thing is for sure, if we stay in the top 6 with the 16th biggest budget in the league,  after losing the Championship top scorer and spending the square root of nothing, there will be a queue of clubs wanting Eustace from November onwards.

Fingers crossed the financial thing gets sorted in November and they give him some money in January to kick on for a top six charge!!?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, arbitro said:

The abject failure of that proves my point that talk of 'projects' in football is folly.

I don't think it is folly

Take a look at Brentford and Brighton for examples of projects gone right

It is just that our projects are constantly changing directions and therefore are more of a winding, pissed walk home as opposed to a successful project

1 minute ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

I don't think it is folly

Take a look at Brentford and Brighton for examples of projects gone right

It is just that our projects are constantly changing directions and therefore are more of a winding, pissed walk home as opposed to a successful project

For “ projects “ to succeed everybody at the club has to buy into it. You need pro-active hands on management running the show. We never had that.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, CambridgeRover said:

Firstly, I think the "The project" was clearly sold to JDT with a bigger chunk of investment than actually happened in the summer of 2023 (shock horror)

Under "The Project", I doubt we would have brought in the players we have this summer who are aged 26, 28, 33, 33 as there is no chance of development and re-investment.

So when we were linked with players who would improve the first team, but don't pursue them because they dont fit "the project" it gets frustrating. Add in that the people who were running "The Project" were deciding that Markanday, Telalavic, Leonard were the kind of players we should be attempting to develop and you understand why people got sick of hearing it. Buying cheap shite, who were predominantly young, was justified by "The project".

I think we all agree there is nothing wrong with having a plan and vision for 1ry, 2yr etc+.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

One thing is for sure, if we stay in the top 6 with the 16th biggest budget in the league,  after losing the Championship top scorer and spending the square root of nothing, there will be a queue of clubs wanting Eustace from November onwards.

Fingers crossed the financial thing gets sorted in November and they give him some money in January to kick on for a top six charge!!?

I'm really not convinced. I think we're underestimating what it takes for a Championship manager without a promotion on his CV to get interest from higher up, either in the prem or for clubs who are spending to get promoted. I'm sure there will be a fair few clubs lower down casting jealous glances but, that doesn't mean we should be worried about them trying to poach him. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, tomphil said:

He won't go anywhere this season but summer might be different.

Maybe... but one good thing about the way the Championship works is if your manager is worth nicking he's usually got you promoted, or at least in the playoffs. And if he gets you promoted he's going to stick around.

A prem team isn't going to have any interest in your manager unless he has a promotion. Same for top Championship clubs. It would be quite weird for him to miss out on promotion/playoff and also get nicked by another club.

I think we should be able to keep him for this season and next. The main risk of him leaving would be if he felt he wasn't getting supported by the club in the transfer market, but tbh he's got a lot of good players in this summer so he's probably feeling pretty positive on that score. So the recruitment team and owners needs to keep that up over the next few windows and it will be okay.

Edited by joey_big_nose
  • Like 2

We are in a really good position at the moment. Our next few games are all very winnable:

Preston - In bad form, but we all know that goes out the window when they play their cup final

QPR - They have had a tough start playing Baggies, Luton and Sheff Utd, but we tend to win here

Cov - Very winnable. They aren't the Cov of last year

Plymouth - Should trounce these

Swansea - Home game that we should win

West Brom - The test

We'd have played 10 games before going to Baggies and you wouldn't be unreasonable to suggest we could go into that game unbeaten

It's been a favourable start for Rovers this season. We have a tough spell coming at the end of October, playing Baggies, Watford and Sheff Utd after another. For me, the resolve of this squad will be answered after that Sheff Utd game

Eustace showing why he isn't Steve Kean, a yes man or a chancer.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, arbitro said:

If you have honest owners who keep their word then that turns to work out. If your owners are scum who are investigated for tax fraud what can you do