BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

John Eustace - our head coach

1 hour ago, joey_big_nose said:

Oh if they offer it hes going to take it. No second tier manager in the history of football has refused a top tier job.

But I cant see how board or whoever will decide picking a manager in the Championship who has achieved so little (so far) as a good idea.

It’s early days yet but the progress we’ve made will have been noted. Even the dogs in the street are aware of the problems at Ewood Park. It’s the Chicken Chokers  “ added degree of difficulty “ factor that comes with the hot seat at Rovers. You get extra kudos if you can make a success of it. Other clubs directors will be watching. The sort of clubs that always know at any time who their next manager will be.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It’s early days yet but the progress we’ve made will have been noted. Even the dogs in the street are aware of the problems at Ewood Park. It’s the Chicken Chokers  “ added degree of difficulty “ factor that comes with the hot seat at Rovers. You get extra kudos if you can make a success of it. Other clubs directors will be watching. The sort of clubs that always know at any time who their next manager will be.

so basically,eustace keeps up the good work until venkys decide he`s a nuisance for building a side that is threatening the top six,thats when he`ll move

9 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

Now though? I mean he won 4 games in 18 I think last season at Rovers... And in 22/23 - the main season he was at Birmingham as he signed October 22 - they finished 17th (!!).

Its a massive for a premier league club to go for a manager whose record has been pretty poor in the Championship except a run of games at  Birmingham at the start of last season and five games with Rovers this season...

I cant see it personally. Just very hard to justify a premier league appointment on that data.

But they gave Martin the job and he's shit. Swansea never did anything in any of the seasons he was there.

• Like 2

Just now, ABBEY said:

back to last seasons eustace.. should of gone for it at 10 men but we looked scared and subs too late

Looked to me like some players had been on the pop last night.

Preston played a long match the other night but we looked like the ones needing a rest.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ABBEY said:

yup ..was another rovers not up for it derby game..sick of it now

Of course we were up for it as we were at Burnley. We didn't play particularly well today but the accusation of not being up for it is wrong. Two seasons ago in back to back games against Dingles and Nobbers we didn't lay a glove on them and rolled over. Today and three weeks ago we had a scrap with them.

• Like 7

Thought he got his teams selection and tactics wrong from the out set today.

Thought he got his subs wrong and wasn't aggressive enough, we didn't use the man advantage at all.

The positive is he's highered our baseline in terms of bad performances. Not conceding bad goals goes a long way to winning you points on a consistent basis.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, ABBEY said:

feels like a loss and a team up for it would of gone for it .felt like we had 10 men for tbe most not us.

We didn't create much and should have been more offensive but I can't criticise the players for lack of effort and not being up for it. And to be fair Eustace called out the lack of quality in the final third.

59 minutes ago, ABBEY said:

back to last seasons eustace.. should of gone for it at 10 men but we looked scared and subs too late

I think he started with the wrong XI. That said he brought all of our attacking option off the bench at some point, it just didn't work - Cantwell clearly isn't match fit, Cozier-Duberry is a 19 year old playing Senior football for the first time and Weimann can't score every week.

I still feel like we lack pace in the side - that changes games.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I think he started with the wrong XI. That said he brought all of our attacking option off the bench at some point, it just didn't work - Cantwell clearly isn't match fit, Cozier-Duberry is a 19 year old playing Senior football for the first time and Weimann can't score every week.

Pace is the problem, and players slowing attacks by taking loads of touches while they decide what to do.

26 minutes ago, booth said:

Pace is the problem, and players slowing attacks by taking loads of touches while they decide what to do.

We didn't move the ball anywhere near quick enough today especially in the 2nd half.

Felt Buckley was an obvious early change that wasn't made

Our build up play and patterns in the 1st and 2nd thirds were really poor and quite concerning. Using Carter as the width downt he right didn't make a ton of sense to me when you have the more technical jrc on the bench. 

I don't think the 2 cbs used the ball very well at all. 

• Like 2

• Backroom

I think (retrospectively) starting Gueye and bringing Ohashi (either as a two or as a replacement) on is the better move going forward.

Start the game with the brick shithouse pulling everyone from pillar to post (pace from ACD will help this), and finish the game with relentless pressing from Ohashi.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mike E said:

I think (retrospectively) starting Gueye and bringing Ohashi (either as a two or as a replacement) on is the better move going forward.

Start the game with the brick shithouse pulling everyone from pillar to post (pace from ACD will help this), and finish the game with relentless pressing from Ohashi.

I thought Yuki's movement in the first half was good and he moved the Preston centre halves around. The real issue for me was the lack of any quality service into him which prevailed through the second half too. To be fair Eustace mentioned the lack of quality in the final third and I thought he was spot on.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I thought Yuki's movement in the first half was good and he moved the Preston centre halves around. The real issue for me was the lack of any quality service into him which prevailed through the second half too. To be fair Eustace mentioned the lack of quality in the final third and I thought he was spot on.

imagine adam wharton behind what we have now,he`d run every game,thanks to our backward thinking owners giving him away on the cheap when if we`de kept him for another season,we would have get 30 million for him

• Like 6

14 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Agree re - our general lack of pace.

Overall I think we are over achieving so far this season, and will probably fall back a little in the coming weeks.

Considering we only escaped relegation on the final day of last season, we are doing very well.

That leads to a rise in expectation.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, martonrover said:

Agree re - our general lack of pace.

Overall I think we are over achieving so far this season, and will probably fall back a little in the coming weeks.

Considering we only escaped relegation on the final day of last season, we are doing very well.

That leads to a rise in expectation.

Good point

What's realistic as an expectation ?

Obviously we would (as fans) want us to win the league, unbeaten and smash scum home and away but let's be realistic.

We managed to avoid relegation last season and we missed out on play offs by a goal the season before

So this season.  A guarantee top 6 spot? Or mid table with a new squad establishing itself?

Definitely not bottom half of table..

• Like 2

I think Eustace is managing to eek out results, whilst still understandably trying to find  his "best" starting 11.

At this stage, I'd say most managers are in a similar position, and for now we're coping with it better than most. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, M_B said:

I think Eustace is managing to eek out results, whilst still understandably trying to find  his "best" starting 11.

At this stage, I'd say most managers are in a similar position, and for now we're coping with it better than most. 

Agreed.

His working out is good..no losses so far..only us WBA, and Sheffield Utd unbeaten so far..and we have pears in goal (a historical liability)

Edited by NeilInBristol
Typo