BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

John Eustace - our head coach

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

Also worth noting that two of the top three after 7 games got promoted.

Kind of?

Leicester were heavy favourites to go up. Ipswich can be used as an encouraging sign for the benefits of a good start and momentum, but we can't really compare our situation to data that we can see from recently relegated sides. 

16 hours ago, Eddie said:

Bit of an insane statement. 

Are we going to give a manager a new contract after every decent 6 months?

We're off to a nice start, but the test of a Championship season is as the slog really starts. Plus, he probably won't benefit from playing against 10 men for half of every match on a consistent basis.

Great start to the season, but nearly every single one of our Championship season has contained at least one very good run of 10 results. 

hardly an insane statement but recognised the work that Eustace has done in keep us up last season and building a team this season to be unbeaten in the first 7 league games and 4 home wins in 4 home games. They feel like Eustace is building something special here and hopefully it continue. 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

hardly an insane statement but recognised the work that Eustace has done in keep us up last season and building a team this season to be unbeaten in the first 7 league games and 4 home wins in 4 home games. They feel like Eustace is building something special here and hopefully it continue. 

So managers should be rewarded for meeting expectations and then having a good run of 7 matches (in which he's played against 10 men for the 45 of the last two matches). 

Come on. We'd be handing out new contracts 3 times a year. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Eddie said:

So managers should be rewarded for meeting expectations and then having a good run of 7 matches (in which he's played against 10 men for the 45 of the last two matches). 

Come on. We'd be handing out new contracts 3 times a year. 

Eddie, I have given why I would do it and my opinion is very different to yours. Lets just leave it there

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Eddie, I have given why I would do it and my opinion is very different to yours. Lets just leave it there

Still want to do it? 

Shocking today and, overall, we've been rather poor for the last 2/3 matches. Playing against 10 men has helped results, but the quality has been missing. 

• Like 1

Exactly. A new contract after 6 months is crazy talk.

Eustace reign so far has had good points and bad points. I was hoping that shocking away capitulations like last night were  resigned to the Mowbray and JDT era's but it seems not.

However it's still been a good start points-wise.  Let's hope he can change personnel and shape to solve the away form. JDT would have just gone out and said "Stick to the plan, same again lads". I think JE is a bit more flexible.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

Eustace seems a bit more able to learn mistakes than JDT and Mowbray. Or at least that's the impression I get.

He seems less ideological than JDT definitely who was fully invested in his style.

Mowbray tried a number of different ways of playing under him to be fair. I never thought he was particularly wedded to a set system. Apart from his absolute love of playing strikers as wingers, which really really annoyed me.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

Eustace seems a bit more able to learn mistakes than JDT and Mowbray. Or at least that's the impression I get.

Less stubborn or set in his ways i think is the best description but he'll probably end up just shrugging his shoulders in that 'what do you expect' way like the rest of them once another Jan window passes with no action.

5 hours ago, Hasta said:

Exactly. A new contract after 6 months is crazy talk.

Eustace reign so far has had good points and bad points. I was hoping that shocking away capitulations like last night were  resigned to the Mowbray and JDT era's but it seems not.

However it's still been a good start points-wise.  Let's hope he can change personnel and shape to solve the away form. JDT would have just gone out and said "Stick to the plan, same again lads". I think JE is a bit more flexible.

Take no notice the drum was being beaten for TM to have a new 5 year contract when he'd had a purple patch.

Eustace has delivered 4 home wins on the bounce and we are joint 3rd top goalscoring in the league. 

Yes we haven't got the last 3 away Eustace hasn't it right. We got a good point at Norwich and at Burnley away were good and got the point we at least deserve if not the win.. 

Eustace has delivered 4 home wins on the bounce and we are joint 3rd top goalscoring in the league. 

Yes we haven't got the last 3 away Eustace hasn't it right. We got a good point at Norwich and at Burnley away were good and got the point we at least deserve if not the win.. 

Some perspective called for.

Our home wins have come across teams presently 22nd, 17th, 12th and 10th in the league.  We have also been bounced out of the Carabao by a then managerless League 1 side.

Our last 3 away games (1 point against a 10 man team and 2 losses) have come against teams presently 20th, 19th and 14th in the league.

I would suggest the wheels have started to come off.

Eustace's selections, tactics and game management have been found sadly wanting in our last 4 games - you can excuse 1 game as these things happen but 4 consecutive games is a big concern.

Personally, I'm far from convinced about Eustace and if things don't change and improve quickly we might need to look for another manager.

• Like 1

Rooney has won 3 home league games on the run.

Just one more, then presumably Plymouth should be offering him a new deal?

5 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Some perspective called for.

Our home wins have come across teams presently 22nd, 17th, 12th and 10th in the league. 

Our last 3 away games (1 point against a 10 man team and 2 losses) have come against teams presently 20th, 19th and 14th in the league.

I noticed you missed our 2 away draws against teams now in top 6. No surprised as it doesn't fit with your narrative does it? 

I would suggest the wheels have started to come off.

Eustace's selections, tactics and game management have been found sadly wanting in our last 4 games - you can excuse 1 game as these things happen but 4 consecutive games is a big concern.

We are bloody 8th in the league. 

Wheels come off comment? Totally and utter embarrassing from you but you what I ain't surprised with you. 

Personally, I'm far from convinced about Eustace and if things don't change and improve quickly we might need to look for another manager.

😂😂😂

5 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Rooney has won 3 home league games on the run.

Just one more, then presumably Plymouth should be offering him a new deal?

We are 8th in the league. So let's get proper perspective here instead with some people are yet again doom and gloom after back to back defeats instead of looking at the bigger picture like myself or @M_Bare doing. 

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We are 8th in the league. So let's get proper perspective here instead with some people are yet again doom and gloom after back to back defeats instead of looking at the bigger picture like myself or @M_Bare doing. 

I agree, perspective is needed. 

Suggesting that Eustace should be given a new deal on the back of our early season start, seems at odds with that to me, though.

The sensible thing to do would be to at least see how this season pans out.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Problem is Chaddy you are  on the opposite extreme from those saying we should soon be looking for a new manager.

No we shouldn’t be looking for a new manager yet. JE needs time. Most managers don’t have a large turnover of players and know their best formation and 11 straight away, and that’s what JE is figuring out.

Likewise talk of a new contract after 5 games was just laughable.

Edited by Hasta

Just now, Wheelton Blue said:

I agree, perspective is needed. 

Suggesting that Eustace should be given a new deal on the back of our early season start, seems at odds with that to me, though.

The sensible thing to do would be to at least see how this season pans out.

I would give him a new contract cos rated highly and think he will move us forward