BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

John Eustace - our head coach

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Just like I thought so. No answer. no possible options name. Only a few weeks, Mercer ask me who would be my shortlist to replace JDT and I gave him 3 realistically options who we could appoint. Eustace was on that list https://www.brfcs.com/forums/topic/36778-v-west-bromwich-albion-a-13124/?do=findComment&comment=2546680

didn't even know JDT was even a manager until we approach him 

Why do you think that anyone on this board, or the average supporter for that matter, has any clue what managers would have been available to us, and similarly, what players would be available in any transfer window?

We don't. We're just punters, not employed in the profession, and so in the main and by definition, we don't have much of a clue.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Bring the group together and send them out to war. 

If he can manage that with this lot I will be impressed. Arbitro describes some as jelly fish! I think he's watched enough football to know a jellyfish when he sees one.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Rogerb said:

If he can manage that with this lot I will be impressed. Arbitro describes some as jelly fish! I think he's watched enough football to know a jellyfish when he sees one.

I’m thinking more “get out there chaps - just do your best and don’t worry about the meanies in the crowd. You are all special”

Nope - not Eustace but the rallying cry from “big” Dom, our captain and leader. Mcfadz wondering if he has been transplanted into an alternate reality and SS texting his agent in the corner…

39 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Why do you think that anyone on this board, or the average supporter for that matter, has any clue what managers would have been available to us, and similarly, what players would be available in any transfer window?

We don't. We're just punters, not employed in the profession, and so in the main and by definition, we don't have much of a clue.

Well depends on your football knowledge, experience, how much football you watch, etc

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well depends on your football knowledge, experience, how much football you watch, etc

No it doesn't. 

It depends on who is actually available, who is open to alternate offers, which clubs would be willing to let their manager/player speak to other clubs etc. 

None of which we are privy to.

• Like 1

Just now, Wheelton Blue said:

No it doesn't. 

It depends on who is actually available, who is open to alternate offers, which clubs would be willing to let their manager/player speak to other clubs etc. 

None of which we are privy to.

Well well we aren't going to agree here. I suggested 3 realistic choices to replace JDT and Eustace was on my list based on being available, the job he did at Birmingham and develops young players. 

Although unlikely, he needs to pull a win out today. The Birmingham result/performance drained anything remotely positive from the Stoke victory. 

Needs to get us going, we desperately need points on the board.

Huddersfield have appointed a new gaffer and the write up I read about him, he seemed a decent appointment.

3 hours ago, davulsukur said:

Although unlikely, he needs to pull a win out today. The Birmingham result/performance drained anything remotely positive from the Stoke victory. 

Needs to get us going, we desperately need points on the board.

Huddersfield have appointed a new gaffer and the write up I read about him, he seemed a decent appointment.

He's had a week but we have concede 3 goals so not looking great for JE so far.

We have only 14 &1/2 games left so he hasn't got much time.

Like Ampadu said last night, if you keep a clean sheet you get a point.

That should be our focus.

We have conceded in 17 straight games and all of JEs games so far.

Poor.

Our defence is shocking. But it's a not excuse culture so we don't blame anyone? Or there are no excuses for conceding? Confusing JE

53 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

He's had a week but we have concede 3 goals so not looking great for JE so far.

Crikey, are we really expecting him to transform this defence after 1 week with the players. This team isn't going to suddenly start keeping clean sheets after 1 week.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sharpysharps86 said:

Crikey, are we really expecting him to transform this defence after 1 week with the players. This team isn't going to suddenly start keeping clean sheets after 1 week.

We can be patient and get relegated or work hard and start keeping some clean sheets. I don't think its unreasonable to expect a coach to coach a side 

14 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

We can be patient and get relegated or work hard and start keeping some clean sheets. I don't think its unreasonable to expect a coach to coach a side 

Did I say be patient and get relegated? Nope.

Of course its not unreasonable to coach a side, that's his job.....but what you're implying is that 1 week is enough to turn a team that's shipped more goals than anyone in this league into a unit that keeps clean sheets consistently. That is completely unreasonable to expect and an warped expectations to have. No wonder managers / head coaches don't last long these days with that kind of expectation.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sharpysharps86 said:

Did I say be patient and get relegated? Nope.

Of course its not unreasonable to coach a side, that's his job.....but what you're implying is that 1 week is enough to turn a team that's shipped more goals than anyone in this league into a unit that keeps clean sheets consistently. That is completely unreasonable to expect and an warped expectations to have. No wonder managers / head coaches don't last long these days with that kind of expectation.

No no you are missing my point. 

He has been here a week. We have conceded 3 goals in 2 games.

He has work to do. He needs to focus on defending. It's shocking so far.

Just now, NeilInBristol said:

No no you are missing my point. 

He has been here a week. We have conceded 3 goals in 2 games.

He has work to do. He needs to focus on defending. It's shocking so far.

Of course he does, but it's not like he'll be sat on his arse twiddling his thumbs.

It's no more shocking than it was under JDT and I've no doubts that if he had been in charge today that it would've ended in defeat trying to play it out from the back constantly. Both of Rovers goals came from mor direct play. Todays conceded goals, I'm not sure you can do much about the 1st, the 2nd is poor for sure, but it takes time to change things, whether we like it or not.

Just now, sharpysharps86 said:

Of course he does, but it's not like he'll be sat on his arse twiddling his thumbs.

It's no more shocking than it was under JDT and I've no doubts that if he had been in charge today that it would've ended in defeat trying to play it out from the back constantly. Both of Rovers goals came from mor direct play. Todays conceded goals, I'm not sure you can do much about the 1st, the 2nd is poor for sure, but it takes time to change things, whether we like it or not.

Unfortunately we don't have time. That's also my point.

14 games to get us to safety isn't much time. 2 games 1 point is not good. 

10 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

Unfortunately we don't have time. That's also my point.

14 games to get us to safety isn't much time. 2 games 1 point is not good. 

14 games IMO is enough time to pull away. It's just under a third of a full season. Teams have been in far, far worse positions than Rovers at this stage in previous seasons and survived. We've just come off the back of 2 tough away games, but before that we beat Stoke. I believe they will be fine. Sorry if you don't think so.

Edited by sharpysharps86
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, sharpysharps86 said:

14 games IMO is enough time to pull away. It's just under a third of a full season. Teams have been in far, far worse positions than Rovers at this stage in previous seasons and survived. We've just come off the back of 2 tough away games, but before that we beat Stoke. I believe they will be fine. Sorry if you don't think so.

Let's see how he fares up.

All I'm saying is so far, not good enough.

2 games 1 point

14 games we need more than 7 points. I really hope he achieves it

A huge task for JE to get us to safety.

Take Tuesday's match at Cardiff:

• Is 37 year old McFadzean going to play his 4th consecutive game in 11 days?
  • Are long term returnees Hedges and Gallagher going to manage their 4th consecutive game in 11 days given, particularly, Gallagher's injury record?
  • Will Fleck play again?  Hardly kicked a ball all season and injured within 20 minutes - you couldn't make it up!

Just take a look at how weak our bench was today.

Our threadbare squad is at breaking point and devoid of both quantity and quality.

Think we can write-off Tuesday's game and looking at our remaining fixtures, I struggle to see how we even get 9 more points to get us to even 46 points which most likely will not be enough.

Pick up a couple more injuries to the likes of SS and even Gallagher then we are well and truly feckin goosed.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
13 minutes ago, Mercer said:

A huge task for JE to get us to safety.

Take Tuesday's match at Cardiff:

• Is 37 year old McFadzean going to play his 4th consecutive game in 11 days?
  • Are long term returnees Hedges and Gallagher going to manage their 4th consecutive game in 11 days given, particularly, Gallagher's injury record?
  • Will Fleck play again?  Hardly kicked a ball all season and injured within 20 minutes - you couldn't make it up!

Just take a look at how weak our bench was today.

Our threadbare squad is at breaking point and devoid of both quantity and quality.

Think we can write-off Tuesday's game and looking at our remaining fixtures, I struggle to see how we even get 9 more points to get us to even 46 points which most likely will not be enough.

Pick up a couple more injuries to the likes of SS and even Gallagher then we are well and truly feckin goosed.

We’ve got Plymouth, Wednesday and Millwall at home that you'd be wanting 9 points from. Not saying it won’t be difficult for us, but for us to go down, the 5 teams below us need to close a 5 point gap and overhaul our superior goal difference. 
Not saying it’s impossible, but I’d say it’s very unlikely tbf.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

We’ve got Plymouth, Wednesday and Millwall at home that you'd be wanting 9 points from. Not saying it won’t be difficult for us, but for us to go down, the 5 teams below us need to close a 5 point gap and overhaul our superior goal difference. 
Not saying it’s impossible, but I’d say it’s very unlikely tbf.

Hmmm - in 2024, we've also had QPR, Huddersfield and Rotherham at home; 3 'similar' games to those referred to giving us just 2 points.  Add in Stoke if you want but that's still only 5 points from 4, on paper, 'must win' / 'winnable' games.

I wish I shared your confidence and optimism!