BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

John Eustace - our head coach

35 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

At what point does Eustace think ‘feck it, I’m on a hiding to nothing, I’m done’?

He must be starting to get very concerned. Even Jackson has said he thinks JE is getting ‘twitchy’. 

I’m guessing he’ll at some point start to put feelers out to see if there is anything of equivalent value out there for him to go to. A bit like JDT did last summer when he wanted to resign. 

Eustace would have know about the Blackburn Rovers situation and given he have worked at Birmingham City when they were struggling financially there. 

Eustace wants signings of course

If he wanted out all he'd have to do is be honest and tell the truth on the shitshow and any renaged promises hes had.

He'll be gone within hours once India is alerted.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Eustace would have know about the Blackburn Rovers situation and given he have worked at Birmingham City when they were struggling financially there. 

Eustace wants signings of course

You reckon he knew, yeah?

IMG_7052.jpeg

IMG_7056.jpeg

Even though people within football may have some idea about our club being a mess under this hierarchy, I think they only realise the true extent of it once they arrive here in a working capacity.

Most managers tend to have that "I can fix it, I can sort that team's problems out" and an "oh, it's not that bad" type of belief about themselves. Eustace most probably felt the same when it came to the Rovers job.

Only, just like with Henning Berg, just like with Lambert and JDT there comes a point where managers come to the realisation that "shit, it is that bad".

I sense that Eustace is nearing that stage, based on his recent comments, and none of us can blame him for that. It takes a special kind of desperado to put up with this shit and I don't think he is that.

If the above post by JB is accurate, then it seems as though Eustace has been sold a dream just like those previous managers mentioned possibly were and Broughton was too. Remember, Broughton was the one who mentioned 'sustainable Premier League club'. He didn't just dream that up or start saying it on a whim off his own bat.

From not being a Eustace fan due to his 'no excuse culture' comment and his early pro Waggott stance, I have felt for the guy recently. He didn't sign up for this shit. Once again, the bastards upstairs continue to make our club look a shambles.

The perfect storm, imo, would be for the court hearing to go against that lot and for Eustace to walk. That really would leave these tossers with no place to hide. We need this hierarchy out at all costs and if that means short term pain and embarrassment as this is all played out in public, I'll take that.

Edited by SuperBrfc
  • Like 6

I was a little surprised Eustace took this job. He had a pretty high Championship level stock post Birmingham and could’ve probably bagged a better gig than this. 

He still does have a decent reputation post keeping us up, so why throw that away with a hiding to nothing season like this upcoming one? I imagine he’s been on to his agent.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J*B said:

You reckon he knew, yeah?

IMG_7052.jpeg

IMG_7056.jpeg

A squad of players that won't feature this season ?

Eh ?  That's our entire squad and most of them were always going to feature every week.

No way had he been promised that many oven ready signings.

8 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

I was a little surprised Eustace took this job. He had a pretty high Championship level stock post Birmingham and could’ve probably bagged a better gig than this. 

He still does have a decent reputation post keeping us up, so why throw that away with a hiding to nothing season like this upcoming one? I imagine he’s been on to his agent.

was given the old spiel about plans,finances,no pressure and all that,like others before him,he`s been hoodwinked,will he have the courage of lambert,jdt to tell them to stick their job

I was thinking the same that Eustace must be thinking about his next best action.

It’s clearly dawned on him what a shit show the administration is and he’s heading for the sack within 15-20 games with this squad. 

He must be considering sacking it off before his reputation is damaged  beyond repair. He has an easy out at this point.

45 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Not implausible at all but where have those comments come from?

No one of any real ITK-ness, it’s some of the stuff I get regularly and used to share but now don’t bother. I’d take it with a pinch of salt, I just found it interesting two people said similar things within a few hours. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

I don’t think they’ll sack him, they won’t want to pay him off, but it won’t do his reputation any good to stick around.

I doubt he'd just want to walk away from a job compensation free though, he probably isn't in anywhere near as favourable a financial position as JDT.

If he was prepared to take the potential hit then that would speak volumes about how bad things really are behind the scenes.

12 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Very rare journeymen managers would do that, but bit daft diving in to this job, he’d certainly have got another soon enough, but must’ve needed the cash.

Or he took the job based on promises around finance that have proven to be bollocks.

12 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Unsurprising. The ‘yes man’ stuff was all a load of nonsense based on fuck all. 

Cannot agree. His interviews are very Kean-esque even though he hasn't directly praised the owners. Him first praising the quality of the squad and then resorting to cowardly tactics to grind out (mediocre) results. The "no excuses except every single excuse in the book culture". "No major surgery required". And more recently "Hedges is like a new signing".

• Like 5
  • Downvote 1

Possibly he was given assurances, just shows how little due diligence they do/how gullible they are to trust a word coming out of the charlatans at this football club.

Edited by Mattyblue

I'm not surprised that JE is considering his future already - the writing is well and truly on the wall as to which direction the club is heading.

The bigger worry for me is who'll replace him, considering Duncan Fucking Ferguson was Waggott's choice before Broughton arrived and pulled the plug at the last minute.

Once again, nothing will improve at the club until the underlying cancers are removed.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Or he took the job based on promises around finance that have proven to be bollocks.

I saw an interview with Troy Deeney at the end of last season, he was watching Rovers training and is a very good mate of Eustace. 

Deeney was pretty unequivocal, Eustace was fully aware of what he was coming into when he signed.

‘He loves a challenge, he doesn’t want it easy, when the odds are stacked against him he thrives’

Make of that what you will.