BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

There's a few youngsters knocking on the door of the senior squad Gilsnen, Gent, Edmondson. John Eustace stated in the LT the youngsters will get the chance to prove themselves in the up and coming friendlies. I remember Gilsnen coming on as sub against Cambridge in the league cup early in the season and scoring. Could save the club money, but we still need proven goalscorers alongside Sam Szchmodics, it was nearly our downfall last season lack of goals.

44 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Scrape that barrel.

McNair is someone I mentioned to yourself about us signing.Β 

Drameh would also be decent enough depending how Eustace feels about Duru and whether he is ready for first team action here(I don't know).Β 

Cole is 29 years old and scored one goal for Barnsley in the championship 3 years ago.Β 

Galloway I can understand given he can play 2 positions and gives you options during a game if you want to 3 or 4 at the back during the game

Bialkowski is 37 years old before the season starts, experience but same age as Ruddy(who I think we will sign)Β 

On 24/05/2024 at 14:34, Tugayisgod said:

Nicko teasing us with a couple of stories on Sunday, one which sounds interesting.

Any ideas ?

Β 

Screenshot_20240524-143248.png

I think this news will be John Ruddy is set to sign for us(just a guess by the way, no inside info)

10 minutes ago, sharpysharps86 said:

Ruddy coming in would be fine if as back up. We certainly need some sort of experience in that department, but as a number 1 I think his time has been and gone.

it`s a low bar but he`s better than pears and wahlstedt even at 37,id`e give him the starting jersey right away,not a bad signing imo,we should have been in for johanson before stoke jumped onto it,obviously to ambitious a signing,he`s a good goalkeeper and we can`t be having anyone who might make a difference and get us up the table can we

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think this news will be John Ruddy is set to sign for us(just a guess by the way, no inside info)

I wouldn’t class John Ruddy signing a 1 year deal as very positive

2 minutes ago, Theaxe15 said:

I wouldn’t class John Ruddy signing a 1 year deal as very positive

We see. Like I said it is guess.Β 

Ruddy signing here would be positive for Eustace and getting signings in early(I'm hoping for 2 or 3 signings before pre season starts)

Signing these stopgap guys, McFaz & Ruddy, has no impact on the future of the club. I’d rather an U21 play, even with his mistakes of youth.Β 

I can’t see the old guys help us promote, or stay up. IMO

We need experience, the primary focus of next season is next season. I dont buy all this play under 21s and let them make mistakes stuff.

But Ruddy comes off a poor season and is particularly old. I dont see how it would be "positive for Eustace" because I dont think it would be a particularly good signing for the team hes managing. I suspect the link is just a lazy one with the Birmingham link.

Ruddy looked ruddy average the few times I've seen him on the box this season. He also wasn't great in our match at St Andrews either which I was unlucky enough to attend. Way past his best - he's 37 for heaven's sake -and a poor prospective signing IMO,Β  better than the Swedish lad obviously but on a par if not much better than Pears. Ruddy would be OK as a No 2 but we do need better than him as a No 1.Β 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

We need experience, the primary focus of next season is next season. I dont buy all this play under 21s and let them make mistakes stuff.

I agree we need experience but we also need to sign younger players plus bring through two or 3 of our under 21's who are ready for first team

32 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

But Ruddy comes off a poor season and is particularly old. I dont see how it would be "positive for Eustace"Β 

His first choice for keeper signing and getting it done and dust early in the summer.

I don't know if Ruddy has had poor season or not, or whether he would be good signing or poor signing

So it’s an anxious wait til morning for us all here in silly season.

Will Nicko bring news to get the angry mob lighting their burning torches, or will he say something to suggest he isn’t the Devil incarnate?
Coming soon, will the blue on our new shirt be slightly the wrong shade? 😱

Very retrograde step imo if we're looking at the likes of Ruddy, Mcfadzean and Fleck.

There's "experience" then there's one foot in the grave. Why we're even entertaining talks with Fleck I've no idea.

The only one of the three that might make some sense is if we wanted to bring Mcfadzean in on the coaching side. But purely as a player he wouldn't be worth it either.

• Like 7

Do we really need experience? Our squad isn't that young anymore. The only reason the club are looking at Ruddy etc. is because he's free/cheap, not because he brings experienceΒ 

We need quality and numbers, whatever their age.

21 minutes ago, martonrover said:

So it’s an anxious wait til morning for us all here in silly season.

Will Nicko bring news to get the angry mob lighting their burning torches, or will he say something to suggest he isn’t the Devil incarnate?
Coming soon, will the blue on our new shirt be slightly the wrong shade? 😱

Hopefully it's Waggott, Venkys and Eustace leaving

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Very retrograde step imo if we're looking at the likes of Ruddy, Mcfadzean and Fleck.

There's "experience" then there's one foot in the grave. Why we're even entertaining talks with Fleck I've no idea.

The only one of the three that might make some sense is if we wanted to bring Mcfadzean in on the coaching side. But purely as a player he wouldn't be worth it either.

Dread to think what money their pals in the dugout and head office will offer them in the desperate operation stay in this league one more year and guarantee Steve 300k !

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

We see. Like I said it is guess.Β 

Ruddy signing here would be positive for Eustace and getting signings in early(I'm hoping for 2 or 3 signings before pre season starts)

Why ?