BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

14 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

But the point is, we only have the rumour from a hack which was subsequently then denied by the local media that he is even a player of interest, never mind first choice.

Im not convinced that Wahlstedt will ever get "up to speed" but we just need a good Championship goalkeeper. Im not convinced that Ruddy is that anymore.

You can only 'get up to speed' if you have fundamental attributes. From what I've seen Wahlstedt possesses none of them.

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

I'm not convinced Szmodic will leave and if he does, it won't be anywhere near the Ā£15 mil people throw about.Ā 

My guess is Waggott will accept a bid of Ā£5-6 mil in the last knockings of the transfer window. None of which will be invested.Ā 

I'm thinking round about that figure for a potential bid. I don't think anyone will offer enough for Rovers to be tempted, I'd be both shocked and furious if we accepted anything in the Ā£6 million bracket.Ā 

My main worry would be if a Prem club made an unsatisfactory offer, yet Szmodics made it clear he wanted to go. Not a good situation.Ā 

14 minutes ago, Polky said:

If true, we canā€™t stand in the way of Champions League football. Ā£15m and I think he goes.

I would snap their hands off at Ā£15M.

• Like 6
  • Downvote 1

26 minutes ago, rigger said:

I'd rather keep him, even at that money. I honestly don't think we'll get offered anywhere near that, least of all from Everton.Ā 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hasta said:

@jim mk2Ā is right on this one.Ā 
Ā 

Of course we would rather develop our academy more than other peoples youngsters, but the aim is also to balance that with achieving the best possible finish in the upcoming season. Bringing in the likes of Van Hecke or Elliot, which improves the first team significantly, is clearly a good move. It brings in a better calibre of player than we could afford just on transfers in. Thereā€™s plenty of clubs who have got out of the Championship with a team containing numerous well-sourced loans. Who is to say without the loan of Adam Armstrong that we Ā would definitely have got out of league one. Ā Good loans could also be the difference between staying up or going down.

However they have to be regularly in the first team and a definite improvement over what we can field. Iā€™m not sure playing Ayari and Moran benefited us much more that had we blooded Gilsennan during the season, and hopefully whoever scouted the likes of Mola is no longer at the club.Ā 

I didn't remember these players complaining when we signed Armstrong on loan in league or Elliott or Van Hecke or Tosin in the championship?Ā 

is Gilsenan ready for Championship football tho or does he need loan spell somewhere?Ā 

Moran did well in the first 3 months then in December he started struggling. Chrisene I thought would good during his time here and would bring in back on loan if we could. Ayari looked decent enough.Ā 

2 hours ago, martonrover said:

We tend to get the younger ones, who are rarely ready for the rigors of Championship football.

Elliott was an exception and had the physicality to cope.

That's is where GB let himself down cos he couldn't get the best loans in. We had Hirst but JDT couldn't get him firing. McKenna did.Ā 

GB loans over his time here wasn't good enough and probably one of the factors in GB leaving. Also this maybe why John Park is coming in to oversee Recruitment given how well his loan signings did here in Van Hecke and Khadra to lesser extent Poveda and Giles. Plus he scouted HedgesĀ 

1 hour ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

I'm not convinced Szmodic will leave and if he does, it won't be anywhere near the Ā£15 mil people throw about.Ā 

My guess is Waggott will accept a bid of Ā£5-6 mil in the last knockings of the transfer window. None of which will be invested.Ā 

Why would anyone accept such a low fee given he is peak of playing career and just scored 33 goals last season.Ā 

Just now, M_B said:

I'd rather keep him, even at that money. I honestly don't think we'll get offered anywhere near that, least of all from Everton.Ā 

But we might from Galatasaray.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

I dont know if Ruddy is a target, never mind our first choice target.

You suggested it would be positive to sign him not because of a personal opinion but because he is Eustace's first choice. That is a statement that surely needs proving, not disproving. You cant pass across something youve made massive assumptions on then call out others for not being able to prove otherwise.Ā 

It was guess roversfan99, That's it a guess, How can proved it unless I bung Eustace and Waggott office.Ā 

I haven't called out anyone btw. What I said is the Local media didn't get any exclusives with Silvester out, Baker in and GB out like Nixon did. That's my point, Nixon has better sources and sources outside of club, That's the point

I love how Park IS now coming back as a matter of fact now a random twitter account desperate for attention has cryptically suggested it.

And also now Broughton has out the door, like with Tomasson, criticism starts to come his way.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Correct.

Not sure why anyone would "Snap their hands off for Ā£15m" when literally Ā£0 will be reinvested.

There's a weird portion of our fanbase, especially over on twitter that treat a huge incoming fee as a win for some reason.

I cringe when I see "fantastic deal" for us because it never is as nothing is reinvested.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I love how Park IS now coming back as a matter of fact now a random twitter account desperate for attention has cryptically suggested it.

wrong again, @Blue n White RoverĀ also confirmed last night. Also this random twitter account was right about the ST prices wasn't he.Ā 

No-one has said it is fact but no reason why we can't discuss it, You just want to keep closing down discussions on Rovers messagebaord. If you have any inside info please share 99'sĀ 

Edited by chaddyrovers

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Correct.

Not sure why anyone would "Snap their hands off for Ā£15m" when literally Ā£0 will be reinvested.

The same reason we should have taken an offer for Diaz and others

Ā 

7 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

There's a weird portion of our fanbase, especially over on twitter that treat a huge incoming fee as a win for some reason.

I cringe when I see "fantastic deal" for us because it never is as nothing is reinvested.

Which isĀ  better, to get no money and spend no money. Or get good money and spend no money.

Edited by rigger

1 hour ago, rigger said:

Same old, same old....Ā 

Doesn't matter if he goes for 5mill or 50mill our first team will not be strengthened by him leaving.Ā 

Simply just think were we'd be now if it wasn't for Szmodics this season, it wasn't just his goals it was his determination and work rate that was head and shoulders above anybody else in our team. That is pricelessĀ 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, rigger said:

Which isĀ  better, to get no money and spend no money. Or get good money and spend no money.

Makes no difference either way here.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Same old, same old....Ā 

Doesn't matter if he goes for 5mill or 50mill our first team will not be strengthened by him leaving.Ā 

Simply just think were we'd be now if it wasn't for Szmodics this season, it wasn't just his goals it was his determination and work rate that was head and shoulders above anybody else in our team. That is pricelessĀ 

That doesn't mean he will reproduce the same form next season. Knowing when to release a player is a major part of running a football club.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, rigger said:

The same reason we should have taken an offer for Diaz and others

Ā 

What difference does it make when the outcome is the same either way?

The first team gets weaker, no money is reinvested, we make further budget cuts.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rigger said:

That doesn't mean he will reproduce the same form next season. Knowing when to release a player is a major part of running a football club.

Correct and at his age we really have no other option but to cash in as his value is only going one way as the seasons go on.Ā