BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

6 hours ago, Tugayisgod said:

Makes you wonder what the point of the academy is if this true.

Nothing we can do to stop him moving on and we'll get nothing for him hardly 

Screenshot_20240530-112941.png

Adam Wharton is one of the reasons for the academy.

• Like 2

Phillips has got Oxford written all over him this upcoming season. 

As for Finneran, if he goes to the oil boys at 15/16 I’d say it’s odds against he even plays a Premier League game for them ever. Will be loaned out every year, then eventually settle in to a Championship team (if he ends up good enough for that even). See Harwood-Bellis, Ethan Ampadu etc. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, rob_of_the_rovers said:

Given the need for a CB would we take Phillips back on loan?

Nope hope he gets booed on his return to Ewood same with Finnernon they both have a debt to repay  

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

Adam Wharton is one of the reasons for the academy.

Ok, but Wharton is an exception as he is a Rovers fan and obviously happy to develop at his boyhood club. No doubt would have been happy to stay at the club longer also as he didn't push for a move.

Other players like Finneran don't have the same allegiance and for them it's more a question of knowing your chances of first team football are better here, or take the money and move to a bigger club where your chances will be limited. 

Just now, Tugayisgod said:

Ok, but Wharton is an exception as he is a Rovers fan and obviously happy to develop at his boyhood club. No doubt would have been happy to stay at the club longer also as he didn't push for a move.

Other players like Finneran don't have the same allegiance and for them it's more a question of knowing your chances of first team football are better here, or take the money and move to a bigger club where your chances will be limited. 

If you've been at a club since you were 8 and aren't a fan you're a cold blooded individual.

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

If you've been at a club since you were 8 and aren't a fan you're a cold blooded individual.

Fair enough, just frustrated that it looks like he may be moving on. There were rumors Tyjon may be happy to stay, certainly hope so.

It's just that clubs like Rovers are vulnerable until they sign pro deals. Luckily Atcheson has signed his pro deal so we do have some protection with him at least

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, pick32 said:

Nope hope he gets booed on his return to Ewood same with Finnernon they both have a debt to repay  

Not have their legs broke or is that just our own players?

Can understand a negative reception but equally they cant be expected to just stay loyal just as we wouldnt to players who arent up to it. Its a short career and players do whatever they think is best. Whether its the correct call is a different matter.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Rover8T4 said:

Finneran can only sign a scholar contract. So Newcastle can not pay above a certain amount. This ruling makes it equal across the board for all sides. They can not offer any incentives either like houses,Jobs, they will be under embargo if they do as these things are audited regular. 

If that’s that’s the case (and I’ve no reason to believe your wrong on this) what did a Broughton mean by ‘life changing offer’? (Quote is from LT in April):

IMG_1702.thumb.jpeg.77bb17fc726f1034466d85bf995bc3de.jpeg

Edited by wilsdenrover
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, lraC said:

This is where everyone sticking together and forcing them to drive their prices down, is the only way forward.

Sadly, some people will accept it and renew, come what may. Without wanting to have a real go, the poor people who have 2-3 kids, who have followed Rovers all of their lives, but are now priced out, are the ones that suffer.

Its all down to your personal circumstances and what is best for you. I think its value for money and I can make every game. I prefer being inside Ewood Park then watching at home on TV. I think the price is excellent at just over £15 per game

Rovers have made it excellent prices for under 18's which is massive plus and getting more under 18's inside the stadium can only be good thing. 

No one who has renewed should feel guilty either 

4 hours ago, Miller11 said:

I think there’s a lot of work to be done on making attending games more attractive. Watching on TV is definitely an inferior experience, but every game at Ewood needs to be treated like a major event to get people off their sofa and in to the stands, particularly with the new TV deal.

1000% agree

4 hours ago, Miller11 said:

There is obviously a way to go, but the pricing has certainly taken a move in the right direction, particularly with the focus on affordability for younger fans. This will offset some of the attrition that will undoubtedly occur, particularly in terms of numbers. They could halve the price of all tickets across the board and we’d still get nowhere near to selling out Ewood - people have plenty of reasons they wouldn’t buy them including all of the ones you’ve stated above and more. I expect a higher number of new season ticket holders than normal this year though, along with a decrease in renewals.

I agree with your points and I totally agree on getting younger fans involved and regular attending games at Ewood Park, Get them hook early. 

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

The point wasnt about those players. It was about the fact that they become daily criticisms now you are happy to criticise those as they no longer work for the club. 

What I have used is facts and nothing more to judge their time here and I will continue to do so. I give every player or head coach or DoF a proper fair chance and judge them on their performances. 

7 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Barnsley are happy to see the back of Cole.

what your point? 

4 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

It’s encouraging that there is a budget to spend money on Academy signings this summer. It suggests there is also a budget for the first team. 

You’re assuming we’re not planning on starting him. 

• Like 1

I know on here we’re biased being Rovers fans, but I think we’re a top 10 team in English football when it comes to youth development and youth players being given an opportunity to showcase their talents.

If Finneran has gone, good luck to him. But I can’t help feel another 18 months here would have given him a chance to play first team football and grow in an environment without unrealistic expectations. I felt the same about Phillips, always feels like he left a year too soon.

Rovers won’t stand in your way if it’s good for you (and them) always have done and no doubt always will.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
4 hours ago, Tugayisgod said:

Screenshot_20240530-171722.png

He’s just passed his class 2, he can drive the leased coach….

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Neal said:

Regarding the out of contract league 1 player... Hopefully Josh Knight. 

Now that would be a good signing… scrub that, I don’t know anything about him as I was thinking about Jason Knight who went to Bristol from Derby,  

Edited by Ricky

2 hours ago, wilsdenrover said:

If that’s that’s the case (and I’ve no reason to believe your wrong on this) what did a Broughton mean by ‘life changing offer’? (Quote is from LT in April):

IMG_1702.thumb.jpeg.77bb17fc726f1034466d85bf995bc3de.jpeg

Screenshot_20240530-213754.png

Screenshot_20240530-213725.png

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I'd probably give Adam Wharton a call and ask if he regrets sticking around with his home town club for a few years.

He might not pick up though, I think he's currently busy training with England. 

And taking German classes

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Rover8T4 said:

Just read another article stating that Finneran could agree a pre pro contract agreement. Most cat 1 academy sides like Liverpool, spurs have limited there prospects to 40k per year. 

Who do they live after they’ve given their mum a tenner for board ?