BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

2 hours ago, wilsdenrover said:

Was the £4.3 million the initial fee or appearance based?

Edit - just looked it up, to get to the £4.3 million involves him making over 100 appearances for Liverpool.

If Finneran makes 100 PL appearances the total compensation would be around £3.3 million - so fairly similar.

We would be eligible for that much? Honestly thought it would be a lot less. What happens if Newcastle just sell him on when he's made say 80 appearances though?

For Elliott, Fulham also got 1.5 mill up front, which we won't. I don't know if either compensation package would include a sell on.

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

We would be eligible for that much? Honestly thought it would be a lot less. What happens if Newcastle just sell him on when he's made say 80 appearances though?

For Elliott, Fulham also got 1.5 mill up front, which we won't. I don't know if either compensation package would include a sell on.

Below is the current compensation table plus the regulations regarding appearances.

I believe he’s been at the club since under 8s so the initial compensation (based on that table) would be £375,000.

What would happen if Newcastle sold him as per your example would depend on who they sold him to:

IMG_1706.jpeg.e040a735c89c96bd367766e55d14357d.jpegIMG_1707.thumb.jpeg.7837f79f5ccdd5578d4a2abe1270f7fe.jpegIMG_1708.thumb.jpeg.161aea8a1e7b846d64276cfc139c7152.jpeg

Edited by wilsdenrover
Edited to add - I’ve excluded the reg which limits the ‘compensation appearances’ to 100.

3 hours ago, bluebruce said:

You mean when they got about 4.3 million for a 16 year old player they'd had for one year who played 3 games for them?

Us getting a few hundred k for a 16 year old who has played a game for us doesn't sound too similar.

As others have pointed out we could get over £3m. The Elliot deal was quite a while ago so the £4.3m is probably quite a bit lower than that based on how the transfer market has gone.

it’s pretty similar tbf. 

28 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I forgot to cover the sell on point re Finneran.

The compensation also includes 5% of all future transfer and loan fees (as set out below):

IMG_1709.thumb.jpeg.6514b82d011dceb6fe9fe4cf5b5319f9.jpeg

Posted (edited)

After a bit more reading I’m now uncertain as to whether what I’ve set out is correct for Finneran or whether the compensation will be set by the same committee as per Harvey Elliot’s.

I think it may be the latter due to the fact we’ve offered him a scholarship.

I apologise for any errors/misinformation previously given.

At least we now know how it works pre-scholarship offer 😁

Edited by wilsdenrover

1 hour ago, TheRevAshton said:

Don't know anything about him but his CV isn't particularly impressive. 

He also played for 12 different clubs in just a 5 year period. Not quite sure what went on there.

He's hardly been banging goals in throughout his career though.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, TheRevAshton said:

Might not be a bad shout on a free. Scored 13 goals before doing his ACL, came back and scored 10 with 3 assists. Got pace, can finish and will want to prove himself at a higher level. As a firm believer of signing players who excell in the lower leagues, I'd like to see us get this one done as a low risk punt. Certainly not as a main summer signing. 

Edited by Neal

Posted (edited)

A young danish guy Frederic Ihler only 20 yearts old is doing well for Landskrona in the swedish superettan league. Would be cheap buy maybe a new Haaland in the making.

Another one is Utsiktens BK Filip Trpchevski with bags of skill, only 21.

Edited by neophox

21 minutes ago, Neal said:

Might not be a bad shout on a free. Scored 13 goals before doing his ACL, came back and scored 10 with 3 assists. Got pace, can finish and will want to prove himself at a higher level. As a firm believer of signing players who excell in the lower leagues, I'd like to see us get this one done as a low risk punt. Certainly not as a main summer signing. 

I'll bow to your superior knowledge on this one but if our striking pool is this guy, Gallagher and Leonard (assuming he doesn't go on loan), still doesn't feel good enough.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Neal said:

With our luck i personally wouldn't touch a player with past ACL injuries, not even on a free

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, neophox said:

A young danish guy Frederic Ihler only 20 yearts old is doing well for Landskrona in the swedish superettan league. Would be cheap buy maybe a new Haaland in the making.

Another one is Utsiktens BK Filip Trpchevski with bags of skill, only 21.

Haaland was murdering the Bundesliga at 19, with nearly a goal a game. This lad is scoring 1 in 2 in the Danish second tier at 20. I'm not sure making such a hyperbolic comparison is helpful. We can sign a good prospect without them needing to be the new Haaland.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

With our luck i personally would touch a player with past ACL injuries, not even on a free

We can’t afford to get this one wrong. Gally is injury prone, Leonard missed most of last season injured. We can’t risk another Ennis type signing.

1 hour ago, davulsukur said:

I'll bow to your superior knowledge on this one but if our striking pool is this guy, Gallagher and Leonard (assuming he doesn't go on loan), still doesn't feel good enough.

Definitely wouldn't want that as our attacking force, hence me saying I wouldn't want it as a main summer signing. We need way more than a league 1 free if we're going to survive next season. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Gally needs selling

I don't think he "needs selling" (unless he's on silly wages) he'd always be handy to have in the squad, our priority should be strengthening and adding numbers to our centre forward area. If we get a couple of new centre forwards in, then yes let him go by all means, but right now the last thing we want to do is let senior players go

3 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

The worry is we lose Gally, Dolan, Szmodics and Siggy. We’d have nothing left in attacking areas, just Hedges and Leonard with any real first team experience. 

Wouldn't be a great loss, I'm sure the other 3 didn't even manage 10 league goals between them. 

• Like 2