BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

4 hours ago, Ossydave said:

We won't be in for a goalkeeper I wouldn't have thought anyway. We've invested in 1 not long ago, it won't matter that he appears to be a dud. It'll be a case of 1 out 1 in if we want a new one, but I can't imagine there's many takers for Leo unless it's for peanuts. We'll just accept Pears making clangers and having good games inbetween I'm afraid.

Pears has been given so many chances now and it's obvious he's not good enough. If given the opportunity his poor performances will continue to cost us points. Clearly it's time to move on. Maybe he can find success at a lower level. Keeping him here as first choice would be your typical unambitious Venky/Waggott move though.

• Like 2

If you're going in at half time losing having been crap and received a half hearted boo on the whistle then turning it into an issue about shielding the young players from the crowd that tells you all you need to know.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Inferi said:

Pears has been given so many chances now and it's obvious he's not good enough. If given the opportunity his poor performances will continue to cost us points. Clearly it's time to move on. Maybe he can find success at a lower level. Keeping him here as first choice would be your typical unambitious Venky/Waggott move though.

Odd performance aside like Leeds away it's not as if he is brilliant in between the monumental game throwing errors.

Like Raya for instance who saved and gained more points than he cost.

Nope he's bang average at best and we can get away with that IF the unforced goal costing mistakes are cut out or reduced to one or two per whole season.

As Tim Flowers once said you don't need to be great to be a good keeper you just need to master the basics and cut out the errors.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Odd performance aside like Leeds away it's not as if he is brilliant in between the monumental game throwing errors.

Like Raya for instance who saved and gained more points than he cost.

Nope he's bang average at best and we can get away with that IF the unforced goal costing mistakes are cut out or reduced to one or two per whole season.

As Tim Flowers once said you don't need to be great to be a good keeper you just need to master the basics and cut out the errors.

His positioning is very poor so he's not even bang average without the errors.

• Like 3

7 names Ive heard that we are looking at, nothing concrete but they are on clubs radar

Ndidi

O’Hare

Sunjic

Murphy

Bielik

Joel Drommel

Mohamed Bamba 

Don’t jump on me they are the names being discussed high on the list, some or none might come off who knows 

• Like 2

Do we not have A, B, C lists anymore ?

We moan quite rightly about the scouting and recruiting possible cut backs but Mowbrays era built a fair sized backroom staff yet they were scouting and compiling lists of players we either had no chance or no intention of signing anyway.

All looked like a bit of a window dressing exercise to be honest and all a pointless waste of money because the starting point was always list C or low on the B list at best.

6 minutes ago, RVRVRS said:

7 names Ive heard that we are looking at, nothing concrete but they are on clubs radar

Ndidi

O’Hare

Sunjic

Murphy

Bielik

Joel Drommel

Mohamed Bamba 

Don’t jump on me they are the names being discussed high on the list, some or none might come off who knows 

I know you've said dont jump on you but Christ alive, Ndidi and Ohare? 

Or do they have cousins 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Ossydave said:

We won't be in for a goalkeeper I wouldn't have thought anyway. We've invested in 1 not long ago, it won't matter that he appears to be a dud. It'll be a case of 1 out 1 in if we want a new one, but I can't imagine there's many takers for Leo unless it's for peanuts. We'll just accept Pears making clangers and having good games inbetween I'm afraid.

Deffo need a keeper and it's the second most needed signing position

2 hours ago, davulsukur said:

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/sam-gallagher-blackburn-rovers-carlton-palmer-ipswich-town/

Here's the article where Carlton Palmer's brain turns to melted ice cream as he says:

"I think a fee in the region of about £8m would probably see him leave Blackburn Rovers this summer."

Can only assume he thinks Sam Gallagher is Sammie Szmodics or something.

Clueless Palmer he is. 

2 hours ago, Forever Blue said:

Didn’t realise Hyam is out of contract next summer. Might be another that needs selling if he won’t sign a new one. 

He’d be no great loss based on his last 6 months.  He’s also slower than McFadz. 

I think Hyam is good solid player. Yes he a shocker game at Bristol City granted but played very well against Southampton..

I would offer new 3 year contract 

Player of the season in 22/23 season

Made up names here but players I'd be asking on if we are looking in the bargain bucket 

McAtee (from Luton)

Joe Taylor (from Luton)

OConnor (from Lincoln) 

Freddie Draper (from Lincoln) 

Sorensen (from Lincoln) 

Jordi Jones (from Notts C)

Lawal (from Celtic)

Wiredu (from Fleetwood)

Azeez (from reading) 

Armstrong (Kilmarnock)

Phillips (St Johnstone) 

Leonard (from Brighton - not against Ayari if we can get some ownership)

All with a viewing to making up the match day squad, not necessarily starting 11.  All cheap and have something about that, men's game experience and some scope for development (barring the loans)

32 minutes ago, RVRVRS said:

Ndidi

O’Hare

Sunjic

Murphy

Bielik

Joel Drommel

Mohamed Bamba 

Some good players on there.

Bamba only signed for his current club for £5m in Jan. We must have a war chest if he’s being seriously looked at!

41 minutes ago, RVRVRS said:

Ndidi

O’Hare

Sunjic

Murphy

Bielik

Joel Drommel

Mohamed Bamba 

Didn’t think CM would be a priority, probably are strongest area

51 minutes ago, RVRVRS said:

Ndidi

O’Hare

Sunjic

Murphy

Bielik

Joel Drommel

Mohamed Bamba 

Haha.

They can talk about them names all they want, and I'm not doubting you that they might be, but I can confidently say that not one of those will sign for us.

• Like 8

Posted (edited)

LT article on striker options. Cannon mentioned again. Personally I wouldn't bother as he's had enquires from us before and chose different options. If a player doesn't jump at the chance to sign on loan then he's not for us.Harvey Elliot is a prime example of this. I feel you get the best out of them when they want to come. Opinions welcome

Edited by Rover8T4

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, B16Rover said:

Made up names here but players I'd be asking on if we are looking in the bargain bucket 

McAtee (from Luton)

Joe Taylor (from Luton)

OConnor (from Lincoln) 

Freddie Draper (from Lincoln) 

Sorensen (from Lincoln) 

Jordi Jones (from Notts C)

Lawal (from Celtic)

Wiredu (from Fleetwood)

Azeez (from reading) 

Armstrong (Kilmarnock)

Phillips (St Johnstone) 

Leonard (from Brighton - not against Ayari if we can get some ownership)

All with a viewing to making up the match day squad, not necessarily starting 11.  All cheap and have something about that, men's game experience and some scope for development (barring the loans)

Joe Taylor is a good shout , did well on loan last season and could maybe be used in a Gallagher swap deal if Luton are still interested in him. Also looks similar in style to Szmodics if he were to leave, but looks quicker

Edited by Tugayisgod

1 hour ago, RVRVRS said:

Ndidi

O’Hare

Sunjic

Murphy

Bielik

Joel Drommel

Mohamed Bamba 

Ndidi, who’s currently being linked with Barcelona and Juventus? 

Ndidi and O’Hare reminds me of that bit in the ‘Sunderland Till We Die’ documentary when the head scout sees Zlatan on their transfer target list.

image.thumb.jpeg.27a7a0add708d6d0b81621bf00a0f668.jpeg

• Like 5

Big fan of Bielik, would like to see us go for Drameh as well, and would be delighted to see Chrisene back on Loan. Would be a brilliant start to the window. I follow Ligue 1 and as much as I like Mohamed Bamba i jsut don't see him coming 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Deffo need a keeper and it's the second most needed signing position

Clueless Palmer he is. 

I think Hyam is good solid player. Yes he a shocker game at Bristol City granted but played very well against Southampton..

I would offer new 3 year contract 

Player of the season in 22/23 season

Hyam made a massive mistake v Southampton which nearly cost us a point.

2 hours ago, RVRVRS said:

Ndidi

O’Hare

Sunjic

Murphy

Bielik

Joel Drommel

Mohamed Bamba 

I would stop listening to whoever told you that as its blatantly not true.

Drameh has been offered a contract by Leeds so he would cost compo cos of that if he rejected the contract offer. 

Jackson mentioned Tom Cannon, Tyrese Campbell and Joe Taylor. I would deffo take Cannon on loan and I have mentioned in the past both Campbell and Taylor. 

For an experience Keeper I would go for Coventry keeper Ben Wilson, 31 years old. 

58 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Joe Taylor is a good shout , did well on loan last season and could maybe be used in a Gallagher swap deal if Luton are still interested in him. Also looks similar in style to Szmodics if he were to leave, but looks quicker

My only slight reluctance is how similar he is to Leonard.  

1 hour ago, Rover8T4 said:

LT article on striker options. Cannon mentioned again. Personally I wouldn't bother as he's had enquires from us before and chose different options. If a player doesn't jump at the chance to sign on loan then he's not for us.Harvey Elliot is a prime example of this. I feel you get the best out of them when they want to come. Opinions welcome

Loan, I assume? Pushing the problem back another season. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, J*B said:

Loan, I assume? Pushing the problem back another season. 

Cannon would be loan. They paid 8m for him. 

Quality striker cost money. Depends how much we got to spend. I wouldn't Connolly or Campbell on a free as one of 2 striker signings we need

Who would like us to sign depends on whatever budget you think we got or heard we got?

Edited by chaddyrovers