BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

4 hours ago, FE123 said:

I still wouldn’t be surprised by a cheap McGuire deal in the coming weeks. He’s turned down another contract at Orlando, they’ll be concerned about losing him for nothing.

Would also be an “I told you so” moment for Waggott who would claim to the press and owners that he’s cleared up a mess caused by others in January who have now been removed from the club.

Why would they we do not care about giving away our talent via total mismanagement of contracts.  Even the one slated as an investment BBD we let get outta here for nowt.  Clowns the lot of them, well maggot is ringmaster of this circus.  Seems to me he steps over dollars to pick up nickles.  I eish some one would just get rid of the lot of em and get us some proper football owners and a footy savvy management structure.  From being wideky regarded as one if the best run football clubs to a laffin stock.  As Mr Souness used to say, this is a PROPER football club.  Not any more, proper fiddle.

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

All depends on the current situation is in India with the owners and whether that money has to fund Rovers for the full season or 2 seasons. All knows. 

Clearly they can't send any money and the money brought in so far has been used for running costs. 

It's all the fault of the owners and if they can't fund the club properly they should be putting of the feelers for a sale.

• Like 9

14 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

Preston have bid for Harrison Burrows... likely around £3m.

Preston, who like us, usually have an operating loss between £15m-£20m every year.

Preston, who have somewhat similar attendances to us.

Preston, who unlike us, haven't had £29m in players sales since last summer. (with probably another ~£15m on the way this summer)

They're tabling decent bids on top talents. We're looking at cheap freebies.

Our Owners are a joke.

Burrows bid has been rejected

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Burrows bid has been rejected

Yup... but the fact that they're able to bid in the first place is the issue.

We should be blowing teams out of the water for him, with the money we've brought in.

• Like 2

Just now, TheRevAshton said:

Yup... but the fact that they're able to bid in the first place is the issue.

they bid £7.5m for Cannon last summer

Just now, TheRevAshton said:

We should be blowing teams out of the water for him, with the money we've brought in.

I agree we should be looking at signing players for money aswell as Loans and free transfers 

27 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

Preston, who like us, usually have an operating loss between £15m-£20m every year.

Preston, who unlike us, haven't had £29m in players sales since last summer. (with probably another ~£15m on the way this summer)

Our Owners are a joke.

Precisely. Blows the FFP fanatics out of the water together with those who suggest higher ticket prices needed to cover losses.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Precisely. Blows the FFP fanatics out of the water together with those who suggest higher ticket prices needed to cover losses.

Let's face it though, the people making those arguments are either working for the owners or are brainless drongos.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

But there shouldn't be just small amounts available. We've brought in £30m in fees and that could go up to £45m with a Szmodics sale.

The club should be run much better than it is to allow for a good proportion, not all of it or even half of it, to be reinvested into the squad with idea we sell more players for good money down the line.

It's really not rocket science.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

But there shouldn't be just small amounts available. We've brought in £30m in fees and that could go up to £45m with a Szmodics sale.

The club should be run much better than it is to allow for a good proportion, not all of it or even half of it, to be reinvested into the squad with idea we sell more players for good money down the line.

It is when you're thick as fuck.

• Like 1

Just now, tomphil said:

Can't lose 15 mill every year...except it seems the going rate for non parachute clubs in the champ you Partick Helmet !

I said same to him yesterday and i said Venkys can't send money over due to the alleged misdeeds of the owners 

His reply was "Sponsoring your club for over a decade is their only offence"

• Like 1

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

I said same to him yesterday and i said Venkys can't send money over due to the alleged misdeeds of the owners 

In fairness they were forced to take us on weren't they. 

Oh, they weren't? And it was their own daft decision? Oh.

• Like 1

I think that Sigurdson could do very well playing in the number 10 role if/when we sell Sam Szmodics. He would have to sign an extension to his current contract otherwise we would not benefit if he turned out a brilliant success there as he only has one year left on his contract. 

• Like 3

Why people go asking Nixon on twitter as if he knows all is bizarre and just feeds his already astronomical ego.

His answer is typically vague, alongside the irrelevant snippet about Wharton installments because any deals we would do would also be in installments, so its just offsetting a new smaller creditor against that considerable debtor.

What happened to Tyjon getting a super agent to seal a move to United?

The thing is with the amount of money we have received, Venkys defenders often mention the losses per year. Losses are unfortunately par for the course if you want to own a Championship club. But even if they were to put the whole club record Wharton sale aside to offset losses, which should then cover at least a full year of losses without investing a penny. And that goes against any drivel of a project. We should then have the Raya, Kaminski, Ennis and Phillips money that we havent spent a penny of (Wahlstedt went in and out) to then invest. So we could still have an 8 or 9 million budget without touching the Wharton proceeds to cover losses for over a year.

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

We could approach it this way. Yes we have brought in £30m but some of the has already been used to fund the day to day running of the club. 

So lets say we have that £23m in the bank. We could use £10m towards the season debt, add to £1.5m to the wage budget for the next 2 seasons so that's £3m gone. Then used £7m this summer for buys, £3m for January window  

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Why people go asking Nixon on twitter as if he knows all is bizarre and just feeds his already astronomical ego.

He has been right so far this summer with off the field changes 

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

What happened to Tyjon getting a super agent to seal a move to United?

Rovers convince him to stay here and had a plan for him playing first team football this season. Plenty of articles telling you all this FFS

1 hour ago, TheRevAshton said:

Our Owners are a joke.

A player I like aswell. Makes me sick.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, islander200 said:

'Sponsoring'  almost sounds like somebody else owned it.

He's a real jerk.

• Like 2

Here's a question for you... you're a football club and Blackburn Rovers are interested in one of your players. Who would you rather do business with, Blackburn Rovers... or ANY other football club you can find?

Good luck to Rovers this summer... but the CEO should have been sacked long ago if there was any real ownership in place. It's as simple as that.

• Like 1