BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

If by some miracle we could get Begovic, Cooper and Dykes over the line I think they would massively improve us. Our team is devoid of experience, physicality and a bit nastiness. It has been for quite a few years.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, FE123 said:

If by some miracle we could get Begovic, Cooper and Dykes over the line I think they would massively improve us. Our team is devoid of experience, physicality and a bit nastiness. It has been for quite a few years.

Yes but if Lyndon Dykes is our priority striker then we may as well not bother…Jack Vale, Harry Leonard, Sam Gallagher and Lyndon Dykes must be the worse strike force in the league, no lie. 

• Like 4
  • Downvote 1

21 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Yes but if Lyndon Dykes is our priority striker then we may as well not bother…Jack Vale, Harry Leonard, Sam Gallagher and Lyndon Dykes must be the worse strike force in the league, no lie. 

Dykes 34 championship goals Gallagher 50, Szmodics 38 (Dykes at a similar goals per minute ratio to Szmodics) I’m sure We could do a lot better if we had money, we don’t. I bet there aren’t many other clubs in the league with a forward line with that many goals between them.

We’ve been spoilt over the years with good forwards, in fact we have rarely been without. Dykes and Gallagher would certainly be nowhere near the worst strikers in the league. 

Noticing a lot of negative posts, I rarely comment but come on here to review if anyone has heard of any solid leads regarding transfers... Let's remember we are all Rovers fans, we all want one thing and that's to see our team succeed regardless of the situation we find ourselves in. No need for the abuse! (Unless it's a dingle troll). 

At this point, I'd be impressed if we pull any signings off regardless of who we are linked with. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Nixon has been right all summer on the behind the scenes changes and you are very quick to dismissed every source of info out there!

Dykes deal would either have to be swap deal or we would need a sale to help buy him. Dykes has 34 goals at this level in 4 seasons at this level. Plus he offered a proper physical target man up front we actually lack and gives something different

Where are these QPR fans who wanted rid of Begovic who played 46 games and kept 13 clean sheets last season? 

the season hasn't even started yet? Lets see what our squad is and who we sign and sell before the window

ChadGPT is like a broken record, says precisely the same things every transfer window, then once the window closes and its been another shit show he'll just say 'well it was because of this or that and it wasn't the clubs fault, but everything will still be rosy just wait and see..... and in the next window there will be 8mill to spend....'

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, AVE1875 said:

Noticing a lot of negative posts, I rarely comment but come on here to review if anyone has heard of any solid leads regarding transfers... Let's remember we are all Rovers fans, we all want one thing and that's to see our team succeed regardless of the situation we find ourselves in. No need for the abuse! (Unless it's a dingle troll).  

At this point, I'd be impressed if we pull any signings off regardless of who we are linked with. 

get behind the team ffs 

venkysout

• Like 3

Think Dykes is better than he's being given credit for. Not prolific but will bring a lot of qualities we don't have - holding it up properly, bit of nastiness. Can get his head on a cross too if that's how we're gonna be playing. 

He's also Scotland's main striker over Shankland and Adams both of whom I'd be more than happy with us signing.

Not convinced it will happen mind you.

Edited by danger19_80
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, FE123 said:

Be genuinely amazed if we are capable of getting any of those over the line.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

Then what?

Hopefully the court case is settled and they either fund it or sell it

2 hours ago, FE123 said:

His hold up play is better than Gallagher’s and he’s certainly a threat in the air.

Agreed and why we need someone like that

2 hours ago, Forever Blue said:

JE said he wanted fast tricky wingers iirc. None of those quoted are fast. Dolan could be classed as tricky.

There’s a reason JE wants to sign new wingers. 

That's why we want a player from Palace. Dolan is good for me, JRC cutting inside allow Brittain to push on and move inside 3-4-1-2 formation attacking and then back to 4-2-3-1 formation when defending. Similar to what Southgate has done 

2 hours ago, J*B said:

The start of the season isn’t something under Rovers control. It has absolutely no link to Rovers, therefore you cannot possibly describe it as something to be positive about Rovers for.

first game of the season is not far away less than 4 weeks away and I am looking forward to the first game against Derby on a Friday night

2 hours ago, J*B said:

The kits are great - but the person responsible for designing and implementing them has now left the club. Whilst we don’t know the reason, I would speculate as he’s gone of his own decision he has gone somewhere he thinks is better. 

Well the fans got survey first and asked for our opinion on what this season shirts should been. 

2 hours ago, J*B said:

Onto your final positive, Eustace “seems” to have a plan. Yet all the noises from media would suggest he won’t have the funds to implement this plan. If it was as simple as “sign 5/6 players” then everyone in the league would be aiming for promotion. We need to sign multiple experienced, high quality players. The signs so far suggest this is not going to happen. 

That's is what Eustace is after and that why he wants experience keeper, experience centre back and experience striker

• Downvote 1

5 years ago we probably would have been dead against Dyke, but now due to the absolute downgrading of our squad and embarrassment management of the club, he now looks like a shrewd signing.

Fucking embarrassing.

Yet some "fans" don't see what's wrong with the signing lol

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

I couldn't give a shite how 'nice' our kits are,

Good for you Mercer, I take it you didn't do the survey us Rovers fans were asked for our opinion. 

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

New signings ?  Keep dreaming Chaddy.  There will be more like Barrett from Everton who is probably the next Hilton!

A realist!!!

We see Mercer but I don't you why you keep replying to me, cos all you tell me I am wrong for being positive or going to games or we won't do this or that. I ain't interested and I will at Ewood Park again on Friday buying the away shirt and back again on the 9th August for the opening game and I can't wait. I will always back Rovers and my commitment will always been there. 

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Good for you Mercer, I take it you didn't do the survey us Rovers fans were asked for our opinion. 

We see Mercer but I don't you why you keep replying to me, cos all you tell me I am wrong for being positive or going to games or we won't do this or that. I ain't interested and I will at Ewood Park again on Friday buying the away shirt and back again on the 9th August for the opening game and I can't wait. I will always back Rovers and my commitment will always been there. 

why would you blindly back maggot and venkys ? what would it take for you to take a stand against evil?

Edited by ABBEY

In the last four seasons Dykes a true out and out striker has scored 34 goals in 155 championship games playing 11,191 mins of football.

In the championship only Szmodics has scored 38 goals in 117 championship games playing 8,580 mins of football. The majority of that time was spent as an attacking midfielder. 

Gallagher has scored 50 goals in 265 championship games playing 17,099 mins of football.   Not only that but Gallagher is on a consistent downwards slope for both mins played and goals scored. I think we can almost guarantee that Gallagher will be out for 20 games or more. He has become a real sick note.  At least Dykes is consistently playing week in and week out,

Neither Dykes or Gallagher are major attacking threats but I would have Dykes over Gallagher any day of the week

Edited by CambridgeRover

15 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Hopefully the court case is settled and they either fund it or sell it

Agreed and why we need someone like that

That's why we want a player from Palace. Dolan is good for me, JRC cutting inside allow Brittain to push on and move inside 3-4-1-2 formation attacking and then back to 4-2-3-1 formation when defending. Similar to what Southgate has done 

first game of the season is not far away less than 4 weeks away and I am looking forward to the first game against Derby on a Friday night

Well the fans got survey first and asked for our opinion on what this season shirts should been. 

That's is what Eustace is after and that why he wants experience keeper, experience centre back and experience striker

You’re not answering questions, you’re just saying words. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

So your positives are that youve decided that Eustace likes wingers and crosses even though we dont have quick wingers nor strikers who can thrive off that? And that we will look nice?

No actually it was Eustace who said that at the Rovers trust AGM. Did you miss it. Also you don't need quick wingers to cross a ball, Good job we didn't have Beckham cos you would be saying he isn't quick enough. 

Exactly why we need a striker who can thrive of that 

Im guessing that you would like Dykes and Begovic here? Add them as the 2 additions to the starting team that you want, where does that team finish?

I'm open minded and unlike yourself that every player is either too old and shit like every player, or the fans of his current club say he is shit or pass it. 

I want first choice keeper and good striker. I think I have named enough on here who I would like to see. 

Dykes is crap, his goal record enhanced by penalties is worse than Gallagher's.

So penalties don't count, Better tell Sir Alan Shearer that and we are taking them off his record or maybe Ronaldo or Messi. Every time you do everything to undermined people whether its strikers who take Penalties or Southgate achievements as England managers. 

You keep asking for a goalscorer, he is not that  We need another striker so if we let Gallagher go to get Dykes then not only have we not improved but we still need a further striker.

Yes if Dykes signed and we sold Gallagher then we need another one. Probably a loan striker from PL club.