BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

• Backroom
15 hours ago, Miller11 said:

One of the strangest performances I’ve ever seen from an opposition player. He absolutely terrorised us that day, but his finishing was woeful. If he’d banged in 10 goals last season he’d no doubt be getting a move to the Premier League considering his physical profile, the fact he’s only 21 and a full international.

Jason Roberts mk2?

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

The years from 1987-2009 were an unmitigated success for this football club. A modern football club was born, driven by people who knew its value. 

The years from 2010 onwards have seen the a good proportion of that progress destroyed. 

Our only hope is that the owners fuck off pronto. 

The fairest summing up any supporter could give. They bought a club that was literally renowned as being ran as "the model club" under John Williams stewardship. 

Relegations, big players leaving still happened but we always looked to grow.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

We’re in managed decline, 100%. The club is being stripped. It’s not great but the number of fully grown men melting down about it is laughable.

I’ve supported the club over 30yrs and had season tickets for at least 25 of those. I care. But no one died…in truth we’ve probably been shit longer than we were any good in my lifetime.

I spend more time cursing Mr Seed, the manager of my local u10’s team who made me fall in love with David Speedie and Co!! 

Seems a strange hill to die on. Clubs in severe decline due to neglectful owners, yet you'd rather appear non plussed so you can paint others who like you have a long history of supporting the club as a lifelong passion as being whingers. If only all had your emotional intelligence.

• Like 1

• Backroom
3 minutes ago, bigbrandjohn said:

300 up and not even a tickle to first slip. Wickets normally fall aplenty around 650 pages. Could be a long innings before any real news. 

I… we… huh?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bigbrandjohn said:

300 up and not even a tickle to first slip. Wickets normally fall aplenty around 650 pages. Could be a long innings before any real news. 

We’ll be playing at Boundary Park in the not too distant future if it carries on like this.

48 minutes ago, bigbrandjohn said:

Tavare at one end and Sir Geoffrey at the other, blocking for all they are worth.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

We’re in managed decline, 100%. The club is being stripped. It’s not great but the number of fully grown men melting down about it is laughable.

I’ve supported the club over 30yrs and had season tickets for at least 25 of those. I care. But no one died…in truth we’ve probably been shit longer than we were any good in my lifetime.

I spend more time cursing Mr Seed, the manager of my local u10’s team who made me fall in love with David Speedie and Co!! 

Sounds like you don't give much of a shit about the club tbh. Certainly not like the rest of us. You might find it a better use of your time to set up a forum for your local U10s team and put your attention somewhere you actually have passion for by the sounds of it, instead of lecturing those of us who care deeply about BRFC about being whingers.

• Like 3
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

So you admit we're being run into the ground but you're not particularly bothered about it.

What an incredibly strange point of view.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

I see, but others having opinions about the managed decline is whinging, fair enough.

He's commented it's happening but he's right, it would appear he's shrugging his shoulders as opposed to whinging about it which is incredibly worrying if a large enough section of the fanbase are equally indifferent.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Yep, when faced with reality all they have left is to belittle folk and respond with ‘err, well, it’s only a game’.

And it is, of course. Until you consider the huge impact which a successful football club - or at least one we're proud of - has to our small and in places extremely deprived town. 

• Like 7