BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

I dont get why anyone would want McFadzean over Cooper.

The question is whether we want either because playing someone of that age and lack of speed pushes your defence back. I'd prefer someone more mobile. But in terms of quality, credentials and having 5 years on the alternative, Cooper is a much better bet surely.

• Like 4

On 18/07/2024 at 06:40, wilsdenrover said:

Maybe one question to him could be has he asked the Indian Authorities to confirm the can fund bit.

If they can and won't what is the point if stcking around.  May as well sell up and move on.

Edited by USABlue
  • Like 3

• Backroom
6 hours ago, tomphil said:

Cooper might not have been good enough for the Prem or a top 2 chasing championship side but that doesn't mean he'll be no good for a relegation battling championship side.

Whoa whoa whoa wait a minute…….who said anything about ‘battling’?

• Like 6

On 18/07/2024 at 07:28, wilsdenrover said:

Luton Town are possibly the best example of how administration can be a good thing.

But one has to have a good group at the helm.  What is the good if Admin if at the end of the day the chickeneers are still our owners.  They have to go, they hate us fans and are punishing us for our indiscretions.  Not kissing their collective arses, throwing Snowballs, calling them names, calling them out.  How dare us peasants do this.  Well they are showing us now.  Get rid of this cancer on our club.  Please.

Edited by USABlue
  • Like 1

On 15/07/2024 at 10:19, chaddyrovers said:

I didn't mentioned in any of my posts Waggott, the owners or Suhail guys. 

I perfectly summarise those 2 seasons and why we didn't get a playoff place which had nothing to those mentioned above. Undav didnt want. Last summer we didn't recruited well enough like a quality striker instead of signing Ennis and Telalovic. Could have signed one with signing another winger or left back. 

It's everything to do with the money I'm sure if we covered enough of Undav's wages he would've come 

On 18/07/2024 at 10:25, Mercer said:

Excluding current ownership, I have backed the club for over 60 years through good times and bad including when we were down at the bottom of the old Third Division (before you were even a twinkle in your dad's eye) which came with standing in sh1t houses like Tranmere (on cold Friday nights) and Halifax and driving to places like Chesterfield with several inches of snow on the passes making them almost impassable and then standing on open terracing when it was cold enough to freeze your nuts, so don't need any grandstanding from you.

However, I will not tolerate our owners and executive management, IMO, trying to p1ss all over me as a supporter because that's what it feels like.  I feel like we have been hugely betrayed as supporters and treated with utter contempt.  If you want to lie there saying more, more, more please then that is your prerogative.

The likes of you just prolong the tenure of, IMO, these imbeciles who don't really give a toss about Rovers.

Exactly while we might support the team, attend regularly these owners are a disgrace they should all now be forced out the way they've disrespected Jack Walker's legacy & stripped the club of assets without reinvesting us scandalous and shouldn't be allowed to continue 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, USABlue said:

If they can and won't what is the point if stcking around.  May as well sell up and move on.

Exactly no point whatsoever the trouble is these people are unable to see in this situation the Indian authorities have taken the decision out of Venkys hands their is only one solution open to them and that's to sell they are very stubborn people 

4 hours ago, Torgeir said:

Eustace obviously wants to spice the squad up with some experience and I’m glad we’re not pushing the boat out for Cooper. Maybe it’s negotiating tactics towards McFadzean as well, who I think we should sign as he can teach the other defenders (and Pears) to grow a set and learn how to defend properly. He’s a proven success too but is best suited playing in a three-back line. 

As things currently stand we need a lot of luck with injuries to our key players. 

Cooper would be a solid signing imo, not 1st choice unless a back 3, experienced and a leader. I'm happy with Hyam and Carter as 1st choice in a 4. Would need another cb if playing back 5 also unless a youngsters deemed ready (on loan as Wharton back eventually)

Dont think we'll pull of Cooper though.

2 hours ago, Brfcrule1 said:

It's everything to do with the money I'm sure if we covered enough of Undav's wages he would've come 

That's not how it works. Undav gets his wages paid regardless, as they're his contracted wages. The only question is who pays them, in what proportions. Brighton were happy enough with our contribution to accept our bid, the player simply decided to stay and fight for a place in a Prem team. Whether we paid 0% or 100% of his wages made no difference to Undav.

• Like 3

We need a proven experienced number one goalie and yet another opportunity gone with Hladky signing for Burnley on a 2 year deal.

Again, underlines what a complete and utter mess structurally and financially we are in.  The lad would not have been on big bucks given he joined Ipswich as a Division 1 club.

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, Mercer said:

We need a proven experienced number one goalie and yet another opportunity gone with Hladky signing for Burnley on a 2 year deal.

Again, underlines what a complete and utter mess structurally and financially we are in.  The lad would not have been on big bucks given he joined Ipswich as a Division 1 club.

Surely if anyone signs for one of the parachute payment teams, they were never really "an opportunity"  for Rovers (or most other Championship teams) in the first place.  

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 4

Under rejected us in the end because he wanted to fight for his place. He got his chances towards the end of that season so can’t blame him really. 

As long as we have a player that’s up there in the scoring charts we shouldn’t be too worried about who it is, but the day Szmodics gets injured or signs for another club, we’ll get to see what our other players are made of. 

Prices are crazy inflated now so do anyone honestly believe we’ll find/sign someone better than Gallagher?

35 minutes ago, KentExile said:

Surely if anyone signs for one of the parachute payment teams, they were never really "an opportunity"  for Rovers (or most other Championship teams) in the first place.  

You aren't wrong, however, Burnley have only moved NOW - clearly the lad's been available for weeks, weeks where we've been unable to do anything.  Surely, Hladky was available at a cost within the budget of most teams with no parachute payments given he moved from Salford to join Ipswich as a Division 1 club.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KentExile said:

Whilst not tied into the Arijanet Muric deal financially, Hladky was a 'makeweight' in the deal between Ipswich and dingles. Premiership Ipswich had offered him a new 1yr deal, which of course puts him way out of our reach financially. 

Edited by Gav
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, Mercer said:

You aren't wrong, however, Burnley have only moved NOW - clearly the lad's been available for weeks, weeks where we've been unable to do anything.  Surely, Hladky was available at a cost within the budget of most teams with no parachute payments given he moved from Salford to join Ipswich as a Division 1 club.

He has been available for weeks, and in that time his agent will have been doing his job and finding the best deal for his client. That would never ever have been a deal offered by Rovers bearing in mind we have  the budget of a Sunday league team. 

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, Mercer said:

44 minutes ago, Gav said:

Whilst not tied into the Arijanet Muric deal finically, Hladky was a 'makeweight' in the deal between Ipswich and dingles. Premiership Ipswich had offered him a new 1yr deal, which of course puts him way out of our reach financially. 

Gav already covered some of what I was going to write.  But just to add, there is a difference between "Burnley have only moved now" and "he has just moved to Burnley".

It is more likely than not that Hladkys agent has been in discussions with numerous clubs for weeks, and those discussions started with, my client wants £20K-£30K/week.

The status of Hladky and/or Salford when he moved to Ipswich fa ew years ago is irrelevant, he has just been the GK in a team that finished 2nd in the league and was promoted to the Premiership.

If Hladky is/was a genuine option for Rovers, then so is David De Gea who is still without a club and still lives in the North West

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

He has been available for weeks, and in that time his agent will have been doing his job and finding the best deal for his client. That would never ever have been a deal offered by Rovers bearing in mind we have  the budget of a Sunday league team. 

We are singing off the same hymm sheet!

This lad is I think 32 and, though no world beater, is competent with perhaps his best years to come (didn't Brad play until he was close to 40?) and certainly far better than Pears.

@Gavsays Ipswich offered him a 1 year deal.  Surely, a 'normal' Championship club could have got him with a 2 or 3 year deal.

No one can tell me Rovers would not know about his availability.  It is just sad and pitiful that we aren't even at the races for such players.  Seems players of the ilk of Jack Barrett are the height of both our ambition and financial capability.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 1

Why are the club allegedly enquiring about McLaughlin, Engelhardt, Dykes, Paik etc.

Is it just club generated rumours as a smoke screen or are the club either aware of an impending exit or planning for life after 20th August? Strange behaviour either way.

Don’t think many genuine supporters would stop supporting the club if they showed some honesty, shed light on our difficult financial situation as a result of ownership issues and told us of cut backs and no sign of investment.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Forever Blue said:

Nixon’s got another story for us tomorrow. Subscribe now to find out who else we won’t be signing. 

Why anybody would be sad enough to sign up to shit like that... 🤯🤯

You don't even need to sign up, some other hack reporter usually just copies and pastes his waffle not long after he posts it

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo