BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

Great free kick but that was about it. We looked lethargic all over the pitch. We haven’t got a goal in us. We wouldn’t have scored a goal from open play if we’d have played all night. At least we know that we can’t play JRC, Travis and Tronstad in the same midfield now.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Great free kick but that was about it. We looked lethargic all over the pitch. We haven’t got a goal in us. We wouldn’t have scored a goal from open play if we’d have played all night. At least we know that we can’t play JRC, Travis and Tronstad in the same midfield now.

Yes we can.

What we know is that we have no pace or directness. Pickering can't get up and down that flank, Dolan is slow and Gallagher is Gallagher. On the other flank Brittain is quick enough, but he's not fast and struggles to get back when we lose possession high up the field. 

Sigurdson was terrible today, just strolling around. 

It's obvious to everyone that we need two new wide players and a #9. If Szmodics leaves we need a #10.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

That's the enigma - if you could ever convince him that he doesn't actually need that extra touch on the ball and to actually look for the ball he'd be a much better player than he currently is. 

As it is he strolls around the pitch thinking he's got all the time in the world. 

Agreed, exactly what I'm trying to say 👌

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Buckley remains an odd combination of extremely talented, lazy, cocky and unathletic. Such a fascinating player to watch stroll around a random pitch in Austria. 

always been his weakness,top class ability,zero percent application,if he could channel all his talent into actually putting in 90 minutes,he would be a premier league footballer

• Like 5

1 hour ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Who's this bloke then? Exaucé Mafoumbi?

There’s been some confusion between all the ‘heads of(f)’ and their new AI transfer tool. Apparently, John Park’s iPhone (Siri) picked up Pears’ practicing his French - repeating ‘excuse my fumbles’ in French to himself at Brockhall. Then one thing led to another, and before they knew it (and with no ‘press submit’ safety valve this year) the guy was signed and paid for with Waggott’s Bitcoin fortune. That’s it for this window. Next on the agenda: Waggott’s bankruptcy petition against the club with his reimbursement claim.

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, Rover8T4 said:

Liked what I saw of Leo Duru. Lad has never had a bad game I have watched. Can he do it against championship opposition we shall find out. Sharp, Direct, and drives the team up the pitch. He can't pick the quality of opposition but he puts the performances in against whoever he's up against

Yeah, enjoyed watching him at Stanley. Direct is a good description, as he was today. 

13 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

always been his weakness,top class ability,zero percent application,if he could channel all his talent into actually putting in 90 minutes,he would be a premier league footballer

His attitude isn’t what it should be. If he’d Sammi’s attitude he’d be in the Premier League.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, had.e.nuff said:

I hope Eustace is banging on Waggnots  door first thing Monday demanding new faces in, I wonder if he might do a JDT to save what reputation he has left.

At which point Waggott will open the safe which will be empty.

Then he will point to the (Rovers Women) calendar on the wall with a big red circle around Aug 20.

Without any exchange of words, Eustace will then turn around, walk out and mutter something about no excuses.

• Like 4

Got back off holiday around lunch, always a depressing time, made the stupid mistake of watching that shit show to make matters worse, utterly dreadful. I know I know it's pre season, all about fitness etc etc but you'd at least like to see a few glimmers of hope for the season ahead. Nah, none.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Salgados Hair said:

Watched the friendlies today. Just one thought really. It's taken north of £300m to take a well set Premier League side 'washing its face' to a position where it is getting walloped by a second tier German side in a pre-season friendly. Slow. fucking. hand. clap.  

Spot on!

Btw, I love both your profile name and profile picture.

• Like 2