BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

10 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

We looked really off the pace today, collectively and individually. Our body language didn’t look great either.

I watched both games & agree we looked tired, lethargic apart from JRC crunching into tackles Trav with his usual shithousery & 2 decent goals they were awful if we go into the season with that squad we'll definitely go down new blood is needed 

53 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

BankEnd Rover told me off the other day for suggesting we may sign Brannagan if we can sell one of our own CMs for more than Brannagan would cost.

Or maybe Rover Insider is right and all these names are just a smokescreen and we’ve no intention of signing any of them.

I have a theory about Rovers Insider maybe he has very close links to GB as we know him & the CEO didn't share the same vision for the club 

30 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

I’m not normally one for conspiracy theories, but I wouldn’t put it past the people who run our club to deflect from reality by chucking a few names out there. 

Transfer tittle-tattle is opiate for the masses! 

Normally I would absolutely dismiss this but with the silence from the club I wouldn't put it past them.

13 minutes ago, tomphil said:

As far as i see it the recruitment dept do their job and present players to the manager who then presents them to the ..er board if you can call it that.

Then that's where it all falls down but it does look like we are doing something when a few names get 'leaked'.

As we know the few words we do hear and the actual intentions of those running the club are two different things.

In other words left hand doesn't know what the right hands doing & it's the case they want to offer lower wages for experienced players these people need to go they are the worst owners in our history 😞 

31 minutes ago, Moptop1 said:

Who senses it could be a “toxic” season ahead? I don’t think it’s going to be pretty. Fans have had enough.

Voices will be heard…

That much is obvious there have been calls to ramp up protests because everyone has had enough of this chaos hopefully Venkys do the right thing & sell but I'm not holding my breath!

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Brfcrule1 said:

I watched both games & agree we looked tired, lethargic apart from JRC crunching into tackles Trav with his usual shithousery & 2 decent goals they were awful if we go into the season with that squad we'll definitely go down new blood is needed 

I have a theory about Rovers Insider maybe he has very close links to GB as we know him & the CEO didn't share the same vision for the club 

Normally I would absolutely dismiss this but with the silence from the club I wouldn't put it past them.

In other words left hand doesn't know what the right hands doing & it's the case they want to offer lower wages for experienced players these people need to go they are the worst owners in our history 😞 

We looked mentally tired to me. Too many players not willing to take responsibility and only too keen to pass the buck ( ball ) to others. Usually backwards. How many times did we see a player end up in a difficult situation pass the ball to a player in a worse situation ? I really hate that. 
Plus all the brainless passing to nobody until the keeper leathered it right down field and back to the Germans. Why can’t the keeper rein it in a bit and drop the ball onto the half way line area and at least give us a chance of winning it ?

Our pressing was awful, they played through us with ease most of the time. Any pressing system that relies on Siggy busting a gut is going to fail.

I’ve worked at places that were on the skids economically and I know that the situation gets to you in the end no matter how hard you try. I think the economic uncertainty at Ewood Park is getting to the playing staff.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 6

7 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

We looked mentally tired to me. Too many players not willing to take responsibility and only too keen to pass the buck ( ball ) to others. Usually backwards. How many times did we see a player end up in a difficult situation pass the ball to a player in a worse situation ? I really hate that. 
Plus all the brainless passing to nobody until the keeper leathered it right down field and back to the Germans. Why can’t the keeper rein it in a bit and drop the ball onto the half way line area and at least give us a chance of winning it ?

Our pressing was awful, they played through us with ease most of the time. Any pressing system that relies on Siggy busting a gut is going to fail.

I’ve worked at places that were on the skids economically and I know that the situation gets to you in the end no matter how hard you try. I think the economic uncertainty at Ewood Park is getting to the playing staff.

and the coaching team!

The 'mood music' in any organisation comes down from the top and permeates right the way down to the 'shop floor' - you are right, it gets to you no matter what you do and who you are.

I think things will get a whole lot worse before they start getting better.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

How long before Danny Batth becomes an option again as the experienced center half?

Nixon said In his gossip that we could look to batth if (when) we can't agree a deal with cooper 

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

I agree with you on the character of those people.

However, I don’t think they give a shiny shit about the masses and therefore wouldn’t care nearly enough to start fabricating rumours in this way.

That's a fairly astounding u turn from someone who traditionally  nearly disappeared up the collective backsides of Mowbray/Waggott/management et al from his view in the Corporate lounges.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

The truth is, none of us know. We don’t know if this is a huge plan to decimate us as a club or not…there’s a million and one scenarios that could be playing out.

Are Venkys about to sell?

Are we now self funding forever, or until we fold?

Will the taps turn back on after the court case?

Has JE been told he can have any money raised from a sale of SS? SG?

I could go on and on…the point is we don’t know. Which makes yours and others strong assertions that there’s “no chance…” lack any credibility.

We can’t even lean on precedence because we haven’t actually been in THIS Scenario before, even with these clowns.

Presumably though, if there was any intention at all to fund the team we'd have made some signings by now. You'd have hoped for example  that even if the Wharton money was needed at the time to keep the lights on then the Raya add on would have been a nice little bonus which was available. It can't be a deliberate policy to wait until right to the end of the window until everyone else has gone.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Mercer said:

and the coaching team!

The 'mood music' in any organisation comes down from the top and permeates right the way down to the 'shop floor' - you are right, it gets to you no matter what you do and who you are.

I think things will get a whole lot worse before they start getting better.

A few years ago Watford won promotion to the Premier League with 4 managers in the same season! The club was obviously in turmoil yet the team stuck together and got the results. 

1 hour ago, sverrehh said:

Jdt said last year that he ended up saying YES to every player presented, because he understood that no player came in. I.e. handgranade

“Jon, recruitment are on the phone.”

”Yes.”

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I didn’t watch but this sounds like most games at Ewood last season. Gonna be a horrible season ahead, regret renewing my season ticket already and we haven’t kicked a ball.

8 minutes ago, J*B said:

…but this is an internet forum, the entire concept is based around discussion, speculation and rumour. 

Difficult to be optimistic about the August the 20th hearing.

There is only one scenario that leads to the sort of immediate surgery the squad currently requires. The complete dismissal of the case against the owners which then allows them to send funding over without having to pay an equivalent supporting bond. That seems fairly unlikely.  Furthermore that also still requires them being willing to fund the Club to the same levels as previously or to even greater heights as there's now apparently a 20% levy on monies sent abroad from India.

The most likely scenario for me ( if the case goes ahead) is that they are once again allowed to transfer monies over for running costs only (but not transfers) and we wither away slowly with no  net investment in the team but without the pressing need to sell SS at the hint of the first enquiry as we did with AW.

The doomsday scenario is another adjournment or that the case goes against the owners which as after the last adjournment would probably see our star asset,in this case SS, offloaded within a week, guaranteed relegation and a great deal of short term pain. Owners either forced to sell or fairly imminent administration.

However if we're looking longer term over the next 5-10 years maybe it's the only viable option?

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, roverblue said:

I didn’t watch but this sounds like most games at Ewood last season. Gonna be a horrible season ahead, regret renewing my season ticket already and we haven’t kicked a ball.

JE is on record as saying he likes to play attractive football and he wants fast exciting wingers.

It’ll be reet!

17 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

JE is on record as saying he likes to play attractive football and he wants fast exciting wingers.

It’ll be reet!

Oh good. I like watching teams with good wingers.  No excuses then. 

None of the players on show yesterday were fast or exciting wingers though. He may be in for a change of tactic. 

18 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Difficult to be optimistic about the August the 20th hearing.

There is only one scenario that leads to the sort of immediate surgery the squad currently requires. The complete dismissal of the case against the owners which then allows them to send funding over without having to pay an equivalent supporting bond. That seems fairly unlikely.  Furthermore that also still requires them being willing to fund the Club to the same levels as previously or to even greater heights as there's now apparently a 20% levy on monies sent abroad from India.

The most likely scenario for me ( if the case goes ahead) is that they are once again allowed to transfer monies over for running costs only (but not transfers) and we wither away slowly with no  net investment in the team but without the pressing need to sell SS at the hint of the first enquiry as we did with AW.

The doomsday scenario is another adjournment or that the case goes against the owners which as after the last adjournment would probably see our star asset,in this case SS, offloaded within a week, guaranteed relegation and a great deal of short term pain. Owners either forced to sell or fairly imminent administration.

However if we're looking longer term over the next 5-10 years maybe it's the only viable option?

The court case isn’t against the owners - they are the ones who instigated the proceedings.

2 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

The court case isn’t against the owners - they are the ones who instigated the proceedings.

Sorry wrong choice of words. Presumably you knew what I meant though - them winning the case.

• Like 1

We were linked with Lewis Baker from Stoke and Nicko did mention about a player swap. Come back who I think we might swap and why later in my post. He did mention Batth as example of someone we might look at if Cooper deal doesn't matter. Also he mentioned we have look into the possible signing Rodak but his terms are too high as those dingles even look at signing him and walk away cos of his wages demands and terms. 

So Its clear to see what types of signings Eustace wants him, So using what Nicko is reporting I wouldn't be surprise to see probably swap deal including Buckley for Baker and also looking at How Eustace does play with 2 defensive midfielders/box to box midfielders not a midfield playmaker in his centre midfield pairing. JRC has played wide right in 4-2-3-1 formation in all 3 pre season games so far this summer. 

Cooper deal hold up seems to be over length of contract not wages demands but he wants a 2 year contracts from what has been reported by Nicko and Jackson

So I can see us signing Begovic as new number 1 on a year contract(wouldn't be my choice btw), I can see us signing McLoughlin for 500k from Hull on 3 year contract, Dykes on permanent on 3 years contract, Baker swap deal would if Buckley doesn't fit his tactical approach then fine, a winger on loan, another striker on loan, Batth on 1 year deal, centre midfielder on loan. But Gallagher is sold to fund the Dykes deal, Buckley leaves in a swap with Baker. 

3 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Why would we hire 3/4 people as heads of recruitment etc if we had no intention of signing anyone.

exactly Paul, Totally agree there

3 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

I have a bit of insight into football transfers through friends who have played and now manage / coach in EFL. The picture changes hourly…eg - Rovers get an enquiry for SS at £8m and they want £10m. Thinking it might happen, they start putting enquiries out for a couple of fee costing signings and speak with the agents of (for example) Brannigan and Baker. Those agents then get excited and start contacting other clubs to get a bidding war going and it gets ‘leaked’….then the SS trail goes cold and we, looking from the outside label the media and ‘ITK’ers’ as liars…rinse, repeat!

100% correct, Fair too many people over reacted when a deal doesn't happen. people get told someone is close to signing for us but then the deal doesn't happen and that person is wrongly moaned and whinge about

3 hours ago, arbitro said:

I was told he did a twenty minute training session before the game alone.

Thanks for sharing that info

• Like 2
  • Downvote 2

12 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

How likely is it that the court reaches a a decision in writing on the 20th? Do we know the hearing is only one day?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Can't see any reports on yesterday's game on the LT site.  Are they only reporting if we win a game?

There was no LT reporter at the game (or in Austria), so any report would just be plagiarized from the Rovers site in the same manner that they are for U21 games.

• Like 3