BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

League one Birmingham bidding for Stanfield whilst we don't even have the cash to pay a first installment for a defender with a value of £500k from Hull.

Pretty sure Brum didn't receive near  30 million in transfer fees in the last 12 months.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Torgeir said:

A lot of people on here don’t believe Nixon when it’s incomings but as soon as it’s about a sale then he’s given a lot more credibility. 😂

That's because we are very good at getting players out of the door, but can't get any coming the othe rway!

• Like 7
  • Downvote 1

26 minutes ago, roverandout said:

''It doesn't matter what the club do, some will just moan , moan moan. It was a trip to get fit, plus good experience for the young lads to train and play against better players. Of course we all want signings, but we're skint, the transfer fees coming in installments are to run the clubs day to day expenses. We'll just have to be patient to see if we sign, permanently for a fee, free transfers which still cost, or loans. No club and we never have even in the Walker, Williams days told fans what we're going on transfer wise. The loyal fans will be there cheering the lads on, the whinging moaning lot are better off keeping away, that's if they ever go in the first place. Numerous clubs in the Championship on paper should be way above us due to support levels and finances. Mid table for us will be a successful season, considering we are a small club with league one gates to match.''

Another bellend let happy clapper. Deluded

‘Look, on paper loads of non league clubs should be above us when it comes to support and finances, us loyal fans will be cheering them on, mid table in the National League will be a successful season’

• Like 4

I'm just waiting for the first one to say that selling Szmodics for around 10m will be incredible business for a 28 year old and that we can use that money to strengthen and be a stronger side all round.

• Like 8

51 minutes ago, FE123 said:

He’ll be gone. This news comes out after he was left out on Saturday as a “precaution” but trained for half an hour on his own before the game. 

Hope they’ve managed to get a decent fee for him. Worked hard for us last season and this is probably his last chance to have a go at the premier league. Add to that, we are clearly desperate for cash, a big wage rise and the fact he’s from Colchester to the mix, he will be gone. Leaves in a pretty desperate situation now…

why does it matter what we get ? 0% of anything is £0 spend 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MarkBRFC said:

I'm just waiting for the first one to say that selling Szmodics for around 10m will be incredible business for a 28 year old and that we can use that money to strengthen and be a stronger side all round.

chaddy and waco shalt riseth to that challenge

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, islander200 said:

League one Birmingham bidding for Stanfield whilst we don't even have the cash to pay a first installment for a defender with a value of £500k from Hull.

Pretty sure Brum didn't receive near  30 million in transfer fees in the last 12 months.

Pretty sure Birmingham were taken over by rich Americans who give a fuck.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

In a vacuum it's a good deal for us. That's a massive profit.

Obviously all of the money will just disappear into running costs so these scumbags can hold onto the club for a while longer. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, G Somerset Rover said:

A chap I follow on Twitter (not nathan Jones!) who gets a lot right, seems to think he’s off. 

You saw it in the post match interview after the Leicester game with him and JRC - he was professional, but non-committal about this season. He wants to go and fair play to him. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

In a vacuum it's a good deal for us. That's a massive profit.

Obviously all of the money will just disappear into running costs so these scumbags can hold onto the club for a while longer. 

Which in turn doesn't make it a good deal.

• Like 1

This is where any reasonable model or strategy breaks down.

Szmodics had the season of his life in 2023/24. Will he be able to repeat that next season? The odds of doing so are unlikely, not impossible, but improbable.

Similarly as we saw with Dack, injuries can strike at any point. How much did Sammie play through the pain barrier last season (heavily strapped knee for much of the run in)? 

If an offer of £10m came in, you'd be crazy not to sell.

BUT and it is a big BUT

This money HAS to be reinvested! I see Birmingham are linked with Stansfield, he'd be a perfect punt with the money from SS. Likewise someone in a similar situation to what Adam Armstrong found himself in, at a big club without a clear pathway, but desperate to get a chance somewhere. A Charlie Patino or Tom Cannon spring to mind.

The overwhelming and developing fear is that Sammie will go and no one will come in as a replacement. If that's the case, its a deal which further cements the impending doom.

Edited by rog of the rovers
  • Like 5

7 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

You saw it in the post match interview after the Leicester game with him and JRC - he was professional, but non-committal about this season. He wants to go and fair play to him. 

I meant more the timing - this guy called it pre-weekend that he’d very likely be off this week. Then cue the club saying he didn’t play at the weekend ‘as a precaution’.

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

We won't see any of the Szmodic money reinvested imo so I'd rather we get a low fee if that edges the Venkys closer to being forced to sell us.

Peterborough will have at least 20% sell on aswell.

We probably still owe a percentage of the original transfer fee too. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

I'm sat here, reading this and shaking my head. Not because the post is wrong but the fact that the post is 100% correct and I'm shaking my head in disbelief that I know I'll be reading the same posts about reinvestment, which will never happen.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

He wasn’t non-committal, he basically said he was off!

45 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

A lot of people on here don’t believe Nixon when it’s incomings but as soon as it’s about a sale then he’s given a lot more credibility. 😂

I have yet to see us press the wrong button on a sale.

Imagine if they had made a mess of the Wharton sale and we were left unable to pay the bills. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Moptop1 said:

When Sammie goes, we should ask for that ex Wimbledon lad in the deal. 

Way this club is going we'd sign Tim Henman instead

• Like 5

On 21/07/2024 at 13:20, KentExile said:

There was no LT reporter at the game (or in Austria), so any report would just be plagiarized from the Rovers site in the same manner that they are for U21 games.

To me Sammie Gallagher and Dolan needs to go

taise all the funds you can. I am happy just don’t touch Dykes please. would rather the Charlton lad Miles Leadburn

23 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

A reliable twitter profile, what's the @?

HowardRV7

I don’t know the chap but followed him for a while and seen him get a few things before the local media (who he’s clearly not a fan of judging by his activity!).

Edited by G Somerset Rover
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Pretty sure Birmingham were taken over by rich Americans who give a fuck.

Exactly right. The Americans now own them 100% and have a cheque book they actually use.

They recently bought a huge land plot for a new stadium and sports city.

• Like 2