BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

5 hours ago, Gamst said:

The good news is that once Sammie is gone there’s very little else for them to sell so hopefully they will pocket the cash and leave. 

There's Jacks Statue,that unique award for winning the FA Cup three times on the bounce and the Boardroom Carpet might fetch a bob or two.

Absolute cunts this lot.

• Like 6
  • Downvote 1

6 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Good post. Back in the day 50 years ago we got on the pitch, and it would work again. It’ll need hundreds to do it, stop the game, force it to be abandoned. The global publicity might even get through to Pune. 

6 hours ago, Ossydave said:

I know quite a few who would be onboard, there's a lot of people on this message board who'd know quite a few too. I'm not even sure it would need 100's. 1 pitch invader halts a game, even 20 would cause major problems. 

As Corporal Jones from Dads' Army would say "they don't like it up em"!!!

As Jim says, those were the days - on the pitch, into the enclosure in front of the directors' box and then outside the main entrance on Nuttall Street.  Loud, aggressive in the right manner and effective.

7 hours ago, Ossydave said:

I know quite a few who would be onboard, there's a lot of people on this message board who'd know quite a few too. I'm not even sure it would need 100's. 1 pitch invader halts a game, even 20 would cause major problems. 

Pitch invading also gets you a criminal record which has significant side effects for those individuals arrested. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

Pitch invading also gets you a criminal record which has significant side effects for those individuals arrested. 

There  are far more criminal goings on in the boardroom and India !

1 hour ago, Herbie6590 said:

It's a fair point, however, if you get 100+ going on all at the same time!?  Not sure prosecuting one or two, out of 100+, would hold up in a court of law unless those arrests were for violent behaviour.

You see demos in the UK, often violent, and how may arrests are made when conceivably 100's could, and arguably, should be arrested!? 

At times, IMO, the law is an ass.

In any event, think there is scope for demonstrations in the stands and outside the ground which if done en masse could be equally effective without putting individuals at risk.

1 hour ago, Waggy76 said:

Whether this is ever proved is another issue.  An insolvency might result in a deep probe.

I don't think I'm alone in understanding the sentiments though!

Edited by Mercer

45 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

Don't be ridiculous, do you really think that would happen?  It's mentioned as a deterrent, people rarely get charged. If you were attacking players then yes you would. Something deemed dangerous would get you a criminal record. The very worst you'd get is a small fine or a banning order.

• Backroom

Shows that Swag is the one picking targets, is there any other constant between last time we were linked and now?

Sad state of affairs 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Don't be ridiculous, do you really think that would happen?  It's mentioned as a deterrent, people rarely get charged. If you were attacking players then yes you would. Something deemed dangerous would get you a criminal record. The very worst you'd get is a small fine or a banning order.

Ridiculous? 🤔

And the next time you apply for a job and get to the section of the form where you have to disclose your criminal record…

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/article/2024/jun/02/three-charged-with-invading-pitch-during-champions-league-final

https://www.chesterstandard.co.uk/news/23842650.13-men-appear-court-chester-fc-pitch-invasion/

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/article/strict-match-measures-lead-to-pitch-invader-conviction

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

That’s as maybe but if you are asking folks to risk getting a criminal record by pitch invading it’s only fair to point it out beforehand.

• Like 4

So we’ve moved on from Cooper to Batth as we aren’t prepared to hand a 2 year deal out it seems like.

Mixed views. Not sure Cooper is much better than Batth and not sure Cooper is worth 2 years. But this will be a financial cost reducing decision rather than a football one I’m sure.

Batth only played 16 times last year but they were fairly well stocked at Cente Half. Hope he is still mobile enough to do a good job for us.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, FE123 said:

So we’ve moved on from Cooper to Batth as we aren’t prepared to hand a 2 year deal out it seems like.

Mixed views. Not sure Cooper is much better than Batth and not sure Cooper is worth 2 years. But this will be a financial cost reducing decision rather than a football one I’m sure.

Batth only played 16 times last year but they were fairly well stocked at Cente Half. Hope he is still mobile enough to do a good job for us.

They had injuries at centre back and he still didnt get a game. When we played them they opted for a young lad at centre back over him. 

• Like 1

Of course it's completely illogical.

But then the only things Rovers will really be looking at is wage, signing on fee and contract length

If Batth is now willing to come for less, or happy to take 1 year rather than 2, then Rovers will be interested as all they are focused on is cobbling together some sort of Championship standard squad as cheaply as possible.

Actual fitness, game time last year, suitability, all irrelevant to calculations.

Interestingly however this is coming from the Venkygraph, which suggests to me someone, probably Waggott, has drip fed it to them. Probably to alleviate pressure and convince the locals that we are in the business of signing people.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, FE123 said:

9 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

They had injuries at centre back and he still didnt get a game. When we played them they opted for a young lad at centre back over him. 

Norwich even played a midfielder, Kenny McLean for just shy of 2 months of the season ahead of Batth in central defence (Batth was available and left on the bench)

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/kenny-mclean/leistungsdaten/spieler/126600/plus/0?saison=2023

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Also, hes been a free agent all throughout pre season. Sign him now and hes already missed most of it.

Agree with the rest of the post, but to be fair to him he has been doing pre season at Wolves to keep in shape ready for a move.

1 hour ago, Herbie6590 said:

Those are nothing like a protest against owners.

They involve assaults and like I initially said if you'd read it, making contact with players amongst other things.

Added to this, you don't NEED to enter the pitch to disrupt a game.

So it’s safe to say that Sammie goes now. We all know that it’s just haggling a fee. We also know that only a fraction, if anything, of any sale will be reinvested. I believe the fee will be undisclosed (shock) but will end up being around £9m. They know we are skint, everyone knows that we are skint so why offer over the odds.

Our only hope is that it now starts a bidding war between interested clubs.

We need a goal scorer. If we were a normal club I’d be suggesting someone like Stansfield. We aren’t a normal club though so it’s a moot point. It’ll be a free transfer at best. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ricky said:

So it’s safe to say that Sammie goes now. We all know that it’s just haggling a fee. We also know that only a fraction, if anything, of any sale will be reinvested. I believe the fee will be undisclosed (shock) but will end up being around £9m. They know we are skint, everyone knows that we are skint so why offer over the odds.

Our only hope is that it now starts a bidding war between interested clubs.

We need a goal scorer. If we were a normal club I’d be suggesting someone like Stansfield. We aren’t a normal club though so it’s a moot point. It’ll be a free transfer at best. 

I think Birmingham have bid £8 million for him - yes in league 1 - and yes they have already spent about £10mil

• Like 1