BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

15 minutes ago, neophox said:

Tronstad could be new captain coming season.

Presume you are referring to this

5 minutes ago, rob_of_the_rovers said:

Apparently Carter was against Nurnberg. Maybe they're just passing it around, see who handles it best

We have also seen Hyam, Buckley, Garrett & Brittain as captains in pre season games, Looks like either Eustace is having a look at who may be the best fit or trying to build a "team of captains" mentality

Edited by KentExile

30 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

The fee for the Japanese lad is covered by an existing budget. Nothing to do with Sammi according to Jackson and the FF meeting, and quite right too considering what the club has raked in over the last 6 months.

As for the end of July deadline for Sammi, it suggests there is no great need for a cash injection. You wouldn’t box yourself into a corner over some arbitrary deadline. I think that deadline is to make sure the clubs who are after him are being serious so it doesn’t drag on. And it would also suggest that future incoming transfers are dependent on the Sami money so they want it in as soon as possible so they can make bids. 

I didn't know that info from the FF, so fair enough but absolutely it's less than the minimum they should be investing considering the monies received.

I agree that the deadline would be to get interested parties to the table woth serious offers but I disagree that the money would be used for transfer bids.

They cant/won't invest until after the court hearing and there is nothing to suggest they will win it. If it goes against them or it's adjourned again, every single penny will be needed to keep the lights on. 

They need him sold and are trying to force the other clubs into action. 

The deadline is only a rumour, so could be bollox anyway!

4 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

I didn't know that info from the FF, so fair enough but absolutely it's less than the minimum they should be investing considering the monies received.

I agree that the deadline would be to get interested parties to the table woth serious offers but I disagree that the money would be used for transfer bids.

They cant/won't invest until after the court hearing and there is nothing to suggest they will win it. If it goes against them or it's adjourned again, every single penny will be needed to keep the lights on. 

They need him sold and are trying to force the other clubs into action. 

The deadline is only a rumour, so could be bollox anyway!

If they can’t invest until after the court case why are we buying Ohashi?

And if we sell SS for say £10m I’m not suggesting we’ll spend £10m on new players. There will be a few crumbs from the table again.

Edited by Forever Blue

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Does it not seem more and more likely as time goes on that it was Waggott and/or Pasha scuppering these high value incoming deals?

I'm still not having it that Silvester conducted hundreds of deals over the years without a hitch then all of a sudden forgot how to do his job.

But not with outgoing deals.

Of course it does, well to anybody with a few brain cells. If it was a genuine error why haven't we gone back in for McGuire as it was reported we would do. For me it has been pretty much confirmed by the subsequent information garnered by some great investigative work by some posters proving that the Punekars are in trouble. I genuinely think Ian Silvester was the patsy here and it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if his silence has been bought.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

And if we sell SS for say £10m I’m not suggesting we’ll spend £10m on new players. There will be a few crumbs from the table again.

The Raya money and instalments from Phillips and Kaminski. 

Just now, Forever Blue said:

Well yeah, but I’m counting that as ‘investment’, it all comes from the same pot. 

The point for me is that the money won't be sent from India. 

1 minute ago, Forever Blue said:

Well yeah, but it all comes from the same pot. 

Not necessarily

Transfer fees in have to be paid into the selling clubs account. So that money would be in the UK (unless someone at the club then transferred the balance to India?)

5 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

I mean they can't put any money into the club but assume they can spend money that has been received from transfer incomings. But if the court case goes against them, and they can't send any money, we'll need the Szmodics money for operating costs, surely?

It doesn't really matter tbh, probably not worth discussing. Just have to see what happens.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, riverholmes said:

Finneran? Not heard anything lately but he's not appeared in any pre-season games and, sadly, looks to be all but gone at the moment.

Not sure if they are negotiating the fee for training in that deal. Also saw the other day that the lad Liverpool just got from Chelsea is being investigated and could take 4 weeks. Think this is the usual for these type of signings these days

8 minutes ago, KentExile said:

Not necessarily

Transfer fees in have to be paid into the selling clubs account. So that money would be in the UK (unless someone at the club then transferred the balance to India?)

Which is what I meant. The ‘pot’ is all income generated by the club. There is no money from India.

5 hours ago, Moptop1 said:

If this player replaces Sammie, we still need a CF and I think a Left Winger and Right Winger. 

If buying one, the other could be on loan, along with experienced GK, CB, loan CB and loan FB.

Still think we need a bit of creativity in Midfield. 

Suppose we’ll have to wait and see.

Cant see it all happening, but…

It will be a surprise if any of it happens !

• Backroom
1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Does it not seem more and more likely as time goes on that it was Waggott and/or Pasha scuppering these high value incoming deals?

I'm still not having it that Silvester conducted hundreds of deals over the years without a hitch then all of a sudden forgot how to do his job.

But not with outgoing deals.

I would much rather have promoted (I know) an active and well-intentioned Broughton, and sacked Waggott and Pasha.

• Like 4