BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

14 minutes ago, Andy said:

......Waggott pretending he holds any sway in SS' departure from the club is hilarious.
He'll leave whenever the agreed figure is met, irrespective of whatever 'deadline' he's set - otherwise he's lied to the player and his agent.

That's never happened before.

1 hour ago, TruRover said:

As much as I want to get excited about Oshashi I am struggling. From the highlights I have seen his goals mainly seem like poor defending or poor goalkeeping. It’s a really interesting way for us to spend 800k, I’d be surprised if we spend more than that on a player for the rest of the window. 

Having said that, Jleague players have had a decent success rate across the champ, prem and in Scotland in recent years. This is a Park signing 100% so hopefully he has seen something. 

Physically I think he’ll be fine, he’ll be very similar to Smzods in terms of pressing and energy. I would have been really interested to see Oshashi up top and Smzods behind/around him as our energy and movement up front would cause issues. Sadly I think it’s a like for like replacement. 

Still in desperate need for some pace. 

He looks like a quick player in a crap league but by god do we need some pace.

14 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Son and Lewandowski formed quite the front pair in a 2009-2011 parallel universe.

(Spoiler) We still end up here...

Lewandowski ending up here may have led to us attracting different buyers or qualifying for CL & the Walkers sticking around.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, B16Rover said:

The Japanese player Bristol signed who is allegedly a bit of a coup (going back previous pages) has just been stretchered off a pitch 

Hopefully out for the season 

• Downvote 17

1 hour ago, Forever Blue said:

Jackson - Yuki still in Japan and talk of medical premature…but deal is progressing.

Nathan Jones on the other hand is saying the first part of medical is being done in Manchester tonight 😁

I cant believe that anyone thinks he knows what he is talking about.

Always has been an attention seeking chancer yet such is some peoples desperation for any gossip, they ask him for updates.

• Like 2

All well and good with the Japanese fella but I'm not letting them kid me for one second that the squad wouldn't still be massively weaker once Szmodics goes.

No chance signing some cheapish exotic sounding player is going to appease me that easily! We'd still have one of the weakest looking teams in the league on paper 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, toogs said:

How lovely. 

I don't give a fuck about Bristol City or their players. I'm a Rovers  fan and if anything increases our chances of survival ahead of an inevitably tough season, then yes I hope its a serious, non life threatening injury 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 5

8 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

We dont have the fee. We didnt in the first place, hence why we pissed around with a loan. Lets not be naive here.

We agreed a transfer fee then changed to loan to buy then after the mess up nothing. 

8 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Managers dont get what they want at this club, nowhere near. Still no players through the door as of yer.

He may well have asked for experience and the names on any list put to him are particularly old because within our tiny budget the ones we can get are the out of contract ones let go elsewhere.

Or he may specifically want these very old players. My point is, that doesnt mean he is automatically right and I have to agree with that choice. 

I dont think the target should be to sign the keeper "for a season or 2." Its not like we have a talented young keeper who is not quite ready to be number 1. We need a new number 1 for the forseeable, I dont want someone playing the last year or 2 of his career. Begovic has been released by QPR in favour of a more permanent number 1 as a progressive move, so you would essentially be happy with their old rubbish.

Managers at any club don't always get what they want like most clubs. 

We are in the middle of transfer window and yes we will make signings before the end of the transfer window. 

We don't know what our budget even is cos no one has said. Its a limited budget but we are closing in on player who will cost around £1m(maybe slightly less) 

Nowhere did I say you had to agree with his choices of the type of signings he wanted but its clearly to see he wanted experience keeper and centre back in. 

I think Begovic would be good signing for us for around a season or 2. He played very game last season. Would I prefer a keeper around age 30-32, Yes I would and I gave the name of Ben Wilson from Coventry who I would be perfect for us. QPR made their own comments on what they wanted to do just like we should our. 

8 hours ago, bluebruce said:

He will be cheaper now than he was in January, as his contract is finished at the end of December. 

It's abundantly clear that whether Eustace and Park want him or not, we can't get him because of his public comments that we would have to offer him a very high contract to consider us after our absolute fuckup in January. We are blatantly not giving that kind of offer to anyone. McGuire is old news, not happening even if Eustace threatened to quit if he didn't get him.

why would Eustace quit Rovers over a player that he doesn't want? 

6 hours ago, islander200 said:

Someone on here has been saying that Szmodic and the club have an agreement to leave for an £8 million.

Can't remember which poster and not accusing him of lieing (I'm sure he/she has been told this) but I find it hard to believe.Why would we agree to that?Surely there just would have been a release clause set at £8 million in his contract .

And if he truly was available for £8 million he would be gone already .Teams would definitely take a punt at that price 

This has been rejected by Nicko and Jackson. no release clause and why wouldn't Ipswich just bid £8m for him not £6m. They have plenty of money and they just massive spend on players like Muric

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, doctorryan said:

Lewandowski ending up here may have led to us attracting different buyers or qualifying for CL & the Walkers sticking around.

Now that's just depressing...

Back when we were up for sale, I always hoped for an American owner... One of the Billionaire NFL owners ideally. Unfortunately the Brown family can barely afford to run the Cincinnati Bengals, let alone an English Football Club.

Or the dream that renowned Rovers fan Shawn Michaels could have a word with HHH and get the WWE involved. Imagine. 🤣

Didn't Matt Smith (of Dr Who and Game of Thrones fame) come out recently saying he wanted to create a consortium to purchase? Get Lee Mack, Stephen Hendry, Carl Fogerty, Jack Straw, Tim Farron (👀), Wayne Hemmingway and Liam Livingston all involved. 

Edited by Angry_Pirate
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 2

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:
7 hours ago, islander200 said:

Someone on here has been saying that Szmodic and the club have an agreement to leave for an £8 million.

Can't remember which poster and not accusing him of lieing (I'm sure he/she has been told this) but I find it hard to believe.Why would we agree to that?Surely there just would have been a release clause set at £8 million in his contract .

And if he truly was available for £8 million he would be gone already .Teams would definitely take a punt at that price 

This has been rejected by Nicko and Jackson. no release clause and why wouldn't Ipswich just bid £8m for him not £6m. They have plenty of money and they just massive spend on players like Muric

i would`nt take any notice of those two,they know as much as we do.one a complete bull****** the other a village idiot,who`s only function is to copy and paste articles from other publications

Just now, Forever Blue said:

I think the rumour about Sammi was there had been an agreement between SS, his agent and Waggott that if a Prem club bids £8m then he can leave. 

Think it was @Andy who posted the rumour. 

Would Waggott even have the authority to agree to such a thing without the owners blessing.

And I still think if it true that £8 million is the figure he would be gone already 

Won't get 15 or 20 but someone might gamble at 12 it would be beyond daft to agree to let him go for £8 million ,why wouldn't that clause have been put in his contract if they all agreed to it 

31 minutes ago, Lucimo said:

I don't give a fuck about Bristol City or their players. I'm a Rovers  fan and if anything increases our chances of survival ahead of an inevitably tough season, then yes I hope its a serious, non life threatening injury 

Wow

Keep digging  

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Lucimo said:

Hopefully out for the season 

40 minutes ago, Lucimo said:

Tough week at work, mate? Strange 😂

An 8m trigger clause is in no way surprising given it was a while ago he signed his new deal and especially seeing as the financial problems were becoming well known. He was a 1.8 million signing from Peterborough who hadn't just finished the season as the leagues top scorer.

It does sound though more like there is some sort of gentleman's agreement rather than a true clause inserted.

44 minutes ago, Butty said:

Tough week at work, mate? Strange 😂

Tbf no I'm on holiday. Not sure what I said was that bad, jesus,  I'm sure we've all questioned teams luck with injuries  when it's affected us in a negative way. I'm a bit more upfront about it, so what. Let's get back to jokes about Hiroshima, that's far more acceptable apparently.  Seriously, some of you need to question yourselves over when you use the "thumbs down' 

Edited by Lucimo
  • Downvote 1

27 minutes ago, Lucimo said:

Tbf no I'm on holiday. Not sure I said was that bad, jesus,  I'm sure we've all questioned teams luck with injuries  when it's affected us in a negative way. I'm a bit more upfront about it, so what. Let's get back to jokes about Hiroshima, that's far more acceptable apparently.

In fairness it's a step up from someone on here who wished Szmodics a broken leg the other season, our own player.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

This has been rejected by Nicko and Jackson. no release clause and why wouldn't Ipswich just bid £8m for him not £6m

Have you worked in business before or done any sort of negotiating?

Why would they not go low to try and get lower than asking?

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

why would Eustace quit Rovers over a player that he doesn't want? 

That absolutely isn't the point I was making whatsoever. Like, not even close. I'm almost impressed.