BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

3 minutes ago, Rover8T4 said:

I did state a few weeks back that players purchased last window were sold before previous club were due a payment. With Leo and Semir gone leaves 4 visas up for grabs. Why waste 2 visas on players who are not getting game time. Can see 1-2 more being used before window closes. If they don't perform same again sell and try again

Good point about the visas. No point wasting 2 on players who aren’t first team regulars.

• Like 1

Jackson getting all defensive on twitter cos he might have called the Yuki situation wrong yesterday. 

‘yeah well, that’s just my info, if it’s wrong then deal with it’  type of thing. 

Such a weird way for a journo to behave. Surely it’s his job to get the right info and stop guessing!

1 hour ago, TurkishDelight said:

Which is good for a non-striker. 

1 hour ago, Forever Blue said:

That’s a good goal ratio for any striker.

1 hour ago, Ossydave said:

Flip it around to the here and now and his recent career, he's scored 32 in 53 matches since the start of 2023.

Szmodics has scored 33 in the last 48 games.

So yeah totally different leagues but similar recent figures.

More than happy to be proven wrong, but 130 appearances aged 27 is a big red flag. For context, Sam Gallagher has made that many in the last 4 years.

2 minutes ago, MB Rover said:

More than happy to be proven wrong, but 130 appearances aged 27 is a big red flag. For context, Sam Gallagher has made that many in the last 4 years.

Depends what period those stats cover and how many games his club plays in a season. Looks like he was at Uni until he was 21 and only joined the J League after that. I can’t imagine his college football stats are included.

4 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Depends what period those stats cover and how many games his club plays in a season. Looks like he was at Uni until he was 21 and only joined the J League after that. I can’t imagine his college football stats are included.

No his college stats aren’t on there you’re right, since 21 that’s still only 20 appearances per season (ish) though

Just now, rob_of_the_rovers said:

He was out with an ACL between May 2019 and August 2020. Then broke his collarbone in his first game back which put him out until the end of November 2020. Has had a few other injuries here and there but has only missed 2 of 29 games this season.

Odds on him ‘failing’ a medical? Their next excuse is already written for them!

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, MB Rover said:

No his college stats aren’t on there you’re right, since 21 that’s still only 20 appearances per season (ish) though

He’s only been a regular in the JLeague since 2021 according to Transfrmarkt. He’s averaged about 25 games a season since then. Their league is 38 games a season. Not great but no real concerns. Looks like he only started scoring regularly in League in last couple of seasons. 

might just be that he’s a late developer.

8 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

He’s only been a regular in the JLeague since 2021 according to Transfrmarkt. He’s averaged about 25 games a season since then. Their league is 38 games a season. Not great but no real concerns. Looks like he only started scoring regularly in League in last couple of seasons. 

Or that he’s not very good… 😆 happy to be proven wrong, but this is a panic buy if ever I’ve seen one.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MB Rover said:

Telalovic mark 2 I think. 40 career goals and less than 150 appearances at 27 years old. Talk about scraping the barrel 🤣

Szmodics was 26 and had only scored 60 goals in 220 appearance's when he joined. So it's not that big a difference. I wouldn't say those stats are particularly worrying personally.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, MB Rover said:

Odds on him ‘failing’ a medical? Their next excuse is already written for them!

They could definitely make a Ohashi of the situation

• Like 2

My only thoughts are around the idea that £30m in the bank and there isn’t a better bet between here and this guy for a striker. Really? There isn’t another striker anywhere between here and China?

WTF are the club thinking?

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Szmodics was 26 and had only scored 60 goals in 220 appearance's when he joined. So it's not that big a difference. I wouldn't say those stats are particularly worrying personally.

100 more appearances and actually in England is a big difference in my opinion.

3 minutes ago, den said:

My only thoughts are around the idea that £30m in the bank and there isn’t a better bet between here and this guy for a striker. Really? There isn’t another striker anywhere between here and China?

My thoughts exactly. Box ticking exercise for when Sammie goes.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

As Steve Kean said about Myles Anderson.....................!!!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mercer said:

As Steve Kean said about Myles Anderson.....................!!!

Haha, yeah maybe not the best choice of words! I looked him up and he’s plying his trade in the Isthmian league at about the  same level as Brig. 

2 hours ago, Rover8T4 said:

I did state a few weeks back that players purchased last window were sold before previous club were due a payment. With Leo and Semir gone leaves 4 visas up for grabs. Why waste 2 visas on players who are not getting game time. Can see 1-2 more being used before window closes. If they don't perform same again sell and try again

Isn’t it 3 because of Siggy?

2 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Doesn't Park have a bit of a history for signing Japanese players?

I'm not sure this lad will come off if he signs but I applaud the lateral thinking behind it.

I doubt anyone would be that excited about joining us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forever Blue said:

Jackson getting all defensive on twitter cos he might have called the Yuki situation wrong yesterday. 

‘yeah well, that’s just my info, if it’s wrong then deal with it’  type of thing. 

Such a weird way for a journo to behave. Surely it’s his job to get the right info and stop guessing!

I called Jackson out on Facebook. Saying, he should do his job better.

• Downvote 1

57 minutes ago, den said:

It's just pure desperation and we've been here before with Rochina, Formica and others.

Fine if you are bringing a lad like this in to integrate into a good squad and try and prove himself but this smacks of a gamble to fill the impending Sammie void for a fraction of the money.

Of course the guy needs a chance but the chances of it working well are slim.

• Like 5

57 minutes ago, den said:

30 mill in the bank? It very much looks like player trading surplus has been used to cover operating expenses. 

If Venky can't or won't pick the up the bill, we need to generate 10-15 mill each year in sales only to break even. 

And that is with also having one of low end wage-budgets. It's pretty bleak

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

Isn’t it 3 because of Siggy?

Could well be. I thought we got allocated 5 because of the amount of homegrown players being used for so many games. I'm sure I read 4 the first season and potentially 5 second season depending on homegrown players used last season 

• Like 1

It's unsustainable as a championship club and completely unsustainable long term without selling more fixed assets that cost money to run and another massive downscale across all depts.

• Like 2