BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

1 minute ago, roverblue said:

I think we all know the answer is until it runs out, meanwhile we watch a team of frees, loans and u23s get relegated.

Well, it’s going to be a miserable summer then! Let’s hope you’re wrong.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Well, it’s going to be a miserable summer then! Let’s hope you’re wrong.

It's safe to assume that the last time Venkys sent a penny to rovers was after court approval in November, £11m which paid bills up until the end of December it was reported.

For a club that loses £20m a year it can't be long until we have to flog Szmodic or someone else to pay the bills. We won't have had the Wharton money in one lump sum so money is probably already extremely tight.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Forever Blue said:

Fair enough, and I’ll believe Venky’s ability to fund the club is as stated by the club unless you can provide evidence to the contrary. 

1 hour ago, Forever Blue said:

FWIW I trust very little that comes out of the club, especially from Waggott. 

Contradicting yourself here.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Forever Blue said:

The issue, in so far as it affects Venky’s ability to fund Rovers, is resolved according to the club statement issued via WATR. 

Oh dear ..words actually fail me for once

9 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Have to admit, never heard this guy's name before

Screenshot_20240528-152317.png

Everyone is jumping ship! Pity swag wasn't one of them. In another establishment questions would be asked why staff are moving on or being let go. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:
1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

Contradicting yourself here. 

I’m stating the clubs position and also stating my opinion on Waggott. there is no contradiction. 

No, that's not what you're doing. Quite clearly, in one post you said you believe the club's position until there is evidence to the contrary, and in the next you said you trust very little that comes out of the club. The Waggott part was an addition, but quite frankly it doesn't matter because the statement comes from Waggott anyway. If you still can't see how you're contradicting yourself, I can't help you any further.

Edited by bluebruce

15 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Have to admit, never heard this guy's name before

Screenshot_20240528-152317.png

Regardless, it's not a great sign if he wants to move to a relegated side (unless he has ties in the area or is getting a bumper pay rise I guess). I don't recall his name either. He would be under Sean Kimberley, the Head of Recruitment, in the pecking order I imagine. Seems excessive from the outside to have had scouts who report to the Chief Scout who reports to the Head of Recruitment who reports to the Director of Football. Of course, we no longer have the latter and with the way things are you wonder if we will even replace the Chief Scout role.

Can't imagine this is one of Nixon's made up stories, it's a bit far down the interest scale to be worth making up.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

No, that's not what you're doing. Quite clearly, in one post you said you believe the club's position until there is evidence to the contrary, and in the next you said you don't believe you trust very little that comes out of the club. The Waggott part was an addition, but quite frankly it doesn't matter because the statement comes from Waggott anyway. If you still can't see how you're contradicting yourself, I can't help you any further.

You couldn’t help me from the start to be honest. Try to brush up on your comprehension skills. 

10 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

You couldn’t help me from the start to be honest. Try to brush up on your comprehension skills. 

🤣 Are you taking the piss? Trying taking your own advice instead and you might not contradict yourself within a few posts.

26 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Came from Oxford 2 years ago. Was our head of UK scouting. 

Nicko says he will be replace btw 

Can't blame the lad given, IMO, the chaotic state of our club.

Think Sutton is a Blackburn lad with links to Kevin Gallagher and he used to live just down the road from the Wharton family.  Think it says it all when local lads want out and find Huddersfield a more attractive proposition.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Think Sutton is a Blackburn lad with links to Kevin Gallagher and he used to live just down the road from the Wharton family.  Think it says it all when local lads want out and find Huddersfield a more attractive proposition.

From a couple of years ago:

Tom Sutton – Head of UK Scouting

About: A local lad, Tom first started working for Rovers on work experience 10 years ago, before returning on a full-time basis this summer.

He said: “I’ve been here for six months now and it’s been really good. The summer window was chaos at points, due to the changes in the department, but it’s great to be part of the club that I grew up supporting.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rover8T4 said:

Everyone is jumping ship! Pity swag wasn't one of them. In another establishment questions would be asked why staff are moving on or being let go. 

Let's hope the rats and cockeroaches are fecking off before the venkyscum sink

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Ask Uddersfelt blue. 

Edited by rigger

1 hour ago, Crimpshrine said:

A local lad, Tom first started working for Rovers on work experience 10 years ago

Sounds about right. We'll probably get a manager this way one day.

13 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

More staff leaving and more staff that needs replacing not too long after joining. 

Al apart from the one we really want to leave.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

if he was head of uk scouting then he did a terrible job,good riddance,he did`nt find anyone,not even a free transfer

UK transfers in the last 2 years are:

2022/23:

Sammie Szmodics

Dominic Hyam

Callum Brittain

Thomas, Morton, Mola, Hirst (Loans)

I don't know which of those (apart from definitely Thomas) would have been after he arrived though.

2023/24:

Nial Ennis

Connor O'Riordan

John Fleck

Kyle McFadzean

Ayari, Hill, Moran, Koumetio, Chrisene (loans)

A mixed bag (that possibly includes two Players of the Season) but definitely not a case of 'didn't find anyone, not even a free transfer'.

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Came from Oxford 2 years ago. Was our head of UK scouting. 

Nicko says he will be replace btw 

Judging from the additions to the senior squad in the last three windows, he's no great loss.

• Like 4