BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

5 hours ago, Crimpshrine said:

It's been a miserable 14 years.

Just a thought.... The Raos/venkys have now owned Blackburn rovers longer than The Great Jack Walker did(before he passed away) and longer than the time it was being run by the trust! 

😭😭😭😭😭😭

A 14 year nightmare that there's no sign of us waking up from. 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

More staff leaving and more staff that needs replacing not too long after joining. 

He has been 2 years, maybe he is leaving for more active scouting at Huddersfield like their head of recruitment for example. 

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

UK transfers in the last 2 years are:

2022/23:

Sammie Szmodics

Dominic Hyam

Callum Brittain

Thomas, Morton, Mola, Hirst (Loans)

I don't know which of those (apart from definitely Thomas) would have been after he arrived though.

2023/24:

Nial Ennis

Connor O'Riordan

John Fleck

Kyle McFadzean

Ayari, Hill, Moran, Koumetio, Chrisene (loans)

A mixed bag (that possibly includes two Players of the Season) but definitely not a case of 'didn't find anyone, not even a free transfer'.

Tom Sutton joined June 2022 (12) Tom Sutton | LinkedIn

Yes it has been mixed bag from our scouting team but at the day the blame is on the Director of football and head coach for signings. 

The summer window was good as all 3 permanent signings were good signings and 2 of the them have been player of the season. JDT couldn't get a tune out of Hirst where has McKenna did. 

Last summer and January window recruitment was mixed bag, The loans of Moran(first 4 months ) and Hill(until January) were good loan signings. The free transfer signing of McFadzean proved his worth, whilst Ayari and Chrisene proves they worth at times but again a mixed bag. 

The lack to find an quality number 9 goalscorer striker has been the problem over the 2 years 

1 hour ago, alcd said:

Judging from the additions to the senior squad in the last three windows, he's no great loss.

very harsh that, He is scouting loads of players each week and it down to GB and JDT who they were far. I'm sure they are a number of players he would have like to Yes

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

He has been 2 years, maybe he is leaving for more active scouting at Huddersfield like their head of recruitment for example. 

Tom Sutton joined June 2022 (12) Tom Sutton | LinkedIn

Yes it has been mixed bag from our scouting team but at the day the blame is on the Director of football and head coach for signings. 

The summer window was good as all 3 permanent signings were good signings and 2 of the them have been player of the season. JDT couldn't get a tune out of Hirst where has McKenna did. 

Last summer and January window recruitment was mixed bag, The loans of Moran(first 4 months ) and Hill(until January) were good loan signings. The free transfer signing of McFadzean proved his worth, whilst Ayari and Chrisene proves they worth at times but again a mixed bag. 

The lack to find an quality number 9 goalscorer striker has been the problem over the 2 years 

very harsh that, He is scouting loads of players each week and it down to GB and JDT who they were far. I'm sure they are a number of players he would have like to Yes

My point was more about the number of people leaving. 

I love how much Tomasson and now Broughton are starting to get criticised in a way you wouldnt have dreamt of when they were at the club.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Just a thought.... The Raos/venkys have now owned Blackburn rovers longer than The Great Jack Walker did(before he passed away) and longer than the time it was being run by the trust! 

😭😭😭😭😭😭

We'll respect the Jack Walker legacy.

We'll return the club to what it was pre Jack would have been a more honest promise !

• Like 6

1 hour ago, alcd said:

Judging from the additions to the senior squad in the last three windows, he's no great loss.

He came with the recommendations he knew the lower leagues in the search for bargains to polish.

There ain't been any so just the same as GB he failed on that score.

19 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I love how much Tomasson and now Broughton are starting to get criticised in a way you wouldnt have dreamt of when they were at the club.

If Eustace wants Travis in his starting X1, just waiting for the Chadster's u turn on the player now, given that he was fully in support of the decision to allow him to join Ipswich on loan in January.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Eh? I'm so confused.

How can they be blamed for having budgets cut.

Let's not forget we had O'Brien lined up and signed - we'd have made playoffs with a worse squad than Mowbray ever had. Not forgetting you absolutely worshipped Mowbray.

• Like 7

9 hours ago, Forever Blue said:

Fair enough, and I’ll believe Venky’s ability to fund the club is as stated by the club unless you can provide evidence to the contrary. 

If you believe anything that comes out of the club then you're setting yourself up for failure.

22 minutes ago, tomphil said:

We'll respect the Jack Walker legacy.

We'll return the club to what it was pre Jack would have been a more honest promise !

They've a lot to do before they'll get us back to that level.

This is the absolute worst state the club has ever been in and it's only going to get worse.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

people leaves jobs and move on all the time whichever it is. 

36 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Cos you used what has actually happened on the pitch

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It’s gone beyond that. We were poor then but we were proud. Now we’re a Zombie club.

Yes, but everything’s going to be different now because we’re going to have a new structure and Venky’s are allowed to fund the club. It must be true because Steve Waggott said it, a man of integrity.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Eh? I'm so confused.

How can they be blamed for having budgets cut.

Let's not forget we had O'Brien lined up and signed - we'd have made playoffs with a worse squad than Mowbray ever had. Not forgetting you absolutely worshipped Mowbray.

There is no way that Tomasson had a far worse squad than Mowbray ever had. The squads that finished on 69 points under each were pretty similar in quality and both managers did well with equally average and thin squads.

You think back to when we first came up, that squad still had players signed for a pittance in League 1 or players lingering from when we had another flurry of budget cuts in the season or two before relegation. Smallwood, Downing, Bell, Samuel, an aging Mulgrew and Conway, Bennett etc. 

You are correct in touching on the budgets though. Ultimately any staff at this football club find themselves pissing in the wind trying to succeed under these owners.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

people leaves jobs and move on all the time whichever it is. 

Cos you used what has actually happened on the pitch

Obviously, but when staff turnover is as high as it is here at the moment, it doesnt suggest successful recruitment and that people are happy in their roles. It seems like every couple of seasons we get a flurry of new staff, people say how we are finally getting our act together off the pitch and then we end up having to start afresh.

I dont really understand what you are trying to say with the second point.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Obviously, but when staff turnover is as high as it is here at the moment, it doesnt suggest successful recruitment and that people are happy in their roles. It seems like every couple of seasons we get a flurry of new staff, people say how we are finally getting our act together off the pitch and then we end up having to start afresh.

Staff have always move on from Rovers for years. 

12 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I dont really understand what you are trying to say with the second point.

My point was I judge them on the performances on the pitch. 

11 hours ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

😭😭😭😭😭😭

I'm 32. I'd say I was 6 or 7 before I started properly paying attention to football (I very vaguely remember the 98 world cup). So that's 25 years of being a Rovers fan. 14 of those have been under venkys. How depressing. 

• Like 3

• Backroom
26 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

I'm 32. I'd say I was 6 or 7 before I started properly paying attention to football (I very vaguely remember the 98 world cup). So that's 25 years of being a Rovers fan. 14 of those have been under venkys. How depressing. 

Almost exactly my story too. Didn’t go regularly til 1999 (Div 1) and fell in love with Duff, Dunn, Jansen!

The Souey and Sparky years were truly awesome.

• Like 6

Huddersfield may have been relegated but are very much like Rovers. Great tradition but overtaken by bigger and much richer clubs. Championship is probably their level and won’t spend long in League 1. 

Will need a bit of a rebuild in the summer so if Sutton is good at his job then he will be an asset. 

Some great murals on Leeds Rd. Here’s one:

https://www.htafc.com/news/2023/june/club-unveil-thrice-champions-mural/

Posted (edited)

There are no pre-ordained ‘levels’ it’s why pretty much half the PL last season was the likes of Brentford and Bournemouth and clubs like Leeds, Sheff Wed are still in the second division.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

There are no pre-ordained ‘levels’ it’s why pretty much half the PL last season was the likes of Brentford and Bournemouth and clubs like Leeds, Sheff Wed are still in the second division.

Exactly, there is one reason and one reason only that we are in this position and that is because of the cancer that has infested every single area of this club since late 2010.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Luke Griffin (Rovers Head of European Scouting) also off this summer.

So that's no UK or international scouting at the moment, may as well close this thread for now

Rovers do have an advert posted in linkedin for Head of International Scouting, which I guess replaces the Head of European Scouting and gives that slight hope (which will likely not come to fruition) that Rovers may sign a load of South Korean or Japanese wonderkids for next to nothing

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, KentExile said:

Luke Griffin (Rovers Head of European Scouting) also off this summer.

So that's no UK or international scouting at the moment, may as well close this thread for now

Rovers do have an advert posted in linkedin for Head of International Scouting, which I guess replaces the Head of European Scouting and gives that slight hope (which will likely not come to fruition) that Rovers may sign a load of South Korean or Japanese wonderkids for next to nothing

I’d love to know what he’s learnt from being at Rovers.