BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

3 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

I’d love to know what he’s learnt from being at Rovers.

Always value in learning what not to do from a brief stint at a dysfunctional organisation. 

Makes me wish I could apply a similar approach to the team I support. Learnt from the experience, walked away a stronger person. If only it were that easy!

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, KentExile said:

Luke Griffin (Rovers Head of European Scouting) also off this summer.

So that's no UK or international scouting at the moment, may as well close this thread for now

Rovers do have an advert posted in linkedin for Head of International Scouting, which I guess replaces the Head of European Scouting and gives that slight hope (which will likely not come to fruition) that Rovers may sign a load of South Korean or Japanese wonderkids for next to nothing

Think there's a clear pattern emerging!

Other than the desperados, difficult to imagine who would want to work for Rovers?

I think our name must be mud out in the football world (clubs, players, agents etc).

• Like 2

A complete overhaul of the scouting department could be a real positive. Supposedly we’ve been stuck on the same player lists for every window in recent memory, so hopefully this will represent a clean slate. Our permanent signings over the last couple of years have been very hit and miss, and our loan business has been diabolical.

As long as we get replacements in in a timely fashion I don’t think the current exodus is much of a concern.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Think there's a clear pattern emerging!

Other than the desperados, difficult to imagine who would want to work for Rovers?

I think our name must be mud out in the football world (clubs, players, agents etc).

You’d only join Rovers if you can’t find anywhere else and you'll leave as soon as you do find somewhere else.

• Like 1

The cost cutting continues.

As I said earlier in the summer there is no point having a DoF and scouting department when we have zero transfer funds. There is clearly also no motivation for the staff to stay there either.

• Like 2

It makes sense based on the quality of players we have signed last summer. The big European signing was a keeper who is worse than the previous number one!

sammie and tronstad are the two stand out signings, the rest have been very up and down.

53 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

A complete overhaul of the scouting department could be a real positive. Supposedly we’ve been stuck on the same player lists for every window in recent memory, so hopefully this will represent a clean slate. Our permanent signings over the last couple of years have been very hit and miss, and our loan business has been diabolical.

As long as we get replacements in in a timely fashion I don’t think the current exodus is much of a concern.

This always seems to happen. We "overhaul" things on the scouting side, initially there are delays and then a reliance on old targets from the previous regime and then a couple of years in, people leave and we start from scratch.

• Like 8

37 minutes ago, imy9 said:

It makes sense based on the quality of players we have signed last summer. The big European signing was a keeper who is worse than the previous number one!

sammie and tronstad are the two stand out signings, the rest have been very up and down.

I'd argue the midfielder in his prime from the erdivisie or a regular Icelandic international who had played in the UCL were bigger European signings 

• Like 5

58 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

This always seems to happen. We "overhaul" things on the scouting side, initially there are delays and then a reliance on old targets from the previous regime and then a couple of years in, people leave and we start from scratch.

Agreed. What happened to that Prestigious European network that was being revamped?

There's no structure or direction at the club it's mental

2 hours ago, Devon Rover said:

Always value in learning what not to do from a brief stint at a dysfunctional organisation. 

Makes me wish I could apply a similar approach to the team I support. Learnt from the experience, walked away a stronger person. If only it were that easy!

I'm so bitter - my dad was a Man City fan (still is in some ways, but he doesn't recognise the club they've become) from the 1960s/70s. I can't believe I was swayed over as a kid by those upstart Blackburn Rovers and their schools outreach programme when I was in primary school in the 1990s.

I could be living the high life right now. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KentExile said:

So that's no UK or international scouting at the moment, may as well close this thread for now

Rovers do have an advert posted in linkedin for Head of International Scouting, which I guess replaces the Head of European Scouting and gives that slight hope (which will likely not come to fruition) that Rovers may sign a load of South Korean or Japanese wonderkids for next to nothing

Could the last one to leave please turn off the lights?

Was the Nixon rumour about Palace, Manure and Brighton wanting to sign our young striker Igor Tyjon posted? Just seen it, but looks like it's about 3 days old.

Of course, 3-club rule, the one Nixon himself told us about. And the Nixon rule too (weather report says info will be hazy with a chance of scattered bullshit).

Posted (edited)

It's insane, we have a CEO who blatantly does not care about the Club in the slightest.

He lies, strips the Club of it's assets, hires all of his useless buddies, gives himself huge pay rises, rinses loyal supporters... yet he's completely untouchable.

We need him gone, but the only people able to make that happen are even worse, and somehow care even less than he does.

It's insane the things that we fans have had to put up with... mad things that would simply never happen at other Clubs are the norm here. I genuinely believe we're cursed at times!

Edited by TheRevAshton
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, J*B said:

I find this one of the most frustrating things about being involved within the fanbase. It all comes down to standards to me - we used to have such high ones, now they're frankly disturbingly low.

Imo it started in the Bowyer era when after the insane king rat period everyone was just so thankful for a bit of stability and a nice honest guy in the dugout.

So 'just do enough' became enough for the remaining hardcore and nothing epitomised that more than GB and his stint.  Younger newer fans growing up with that it becomes the norm to them as does the constant background nonsense off the pitch.

All justified by 'but we could be Bury or Bolton' so just get behind the lads and owners FFS !

Sadly they haven't a clue what normal really is for this club.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TheRevAshton said:

It's insane, we have a CEO who blatantly does not care about the Club in the slightest.

He lies, strips the Club of it's assets, hires all of his useless buddies, gives himself huge pay rises, rinses loyal supporters... yet he's completely untouchable.

We need him gone, but the only people able to make that happen are even worse, and somehow care even less than he does.

It's insane the things that we fans have had to put up with... mad things that would simply never happen at other Clubs are the norm here. I genuinely believe we're cursed at times!

The owners are the ones who strip the club of its assets, as much as Waggott is not fit fir purpose in any way.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KentExile said:

How many people have left now? Feels like a few.

We are as likely as anything to be now undergoing step 2 of the new recent downgrade and looking to make backroom cost cutting wherever possible.

Managed decline after another 20% shaved off the budget making it c40% in 12 months.

Waggot has finally got the ownership sold on the Barnsley model and we will follow their path sooner rather than later.

• Like 1