BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Tomasson not getting a tune out of Hirst is becoming a common daily criricism just like Mowbray with Giles, criticisms started once those respective managers left the club. 

In fairness on Hirst - he looked awful for us, when he did get a chance.

Soft, weak, terrible first touch and couldn't even score from the penalty spot.

He's gone on to do a decent job for Ipswich, but he was horrible for us.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Andy said:

I know yeah, the point wasnt about Hirst himself.

He was awful here and whenever I have seen him for Ipswich he has been certainly better amongst a very settled side but he still showed signs of what we saw, his goal record is nothing special and he still appears uncoordinated and clumsy.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Tomasson not getting a tune out of Hirst is becoming a common daily criricism just like Mowbray with Giles, criticisms started once those respective managers left the club. 

Nope there was plenty at the time in Giles case and Hirst the issue with that was Broughton bringing in a lad who was never going to fit JDTs system anyway.

2 hours ago, Polky said:

https://m.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/irish-league/irish-league-club-set-for-100k-boost-with-young-prospect-off-to-blackburn-rovers/a471840018.html

First deal of the summer complete, £100k on Aodhan Doherty from Linfield.

18 year old left winger, made 7 appearances (191 minutes) this season with 0 goals and 1 assist.

Jeez that's a lot of money for a guy that's barely played in the Irish league and will no doubt be buried in the U21s.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I agree our loans signings have been very poor. Think Morton, Chrisene and Ayari were the best we done

I think if you’re calling those three out as the best loan signings over the last two seasons it’s a damning inditement on our use of the loan market.

I thought Morton was very average and we looked better when he wasn’t in the team. Ayari made very little impact at all. I liked Chrisene but we used him for a handful of matches. It’s been a really bad couple of years for loans. 

Maybe we were spoilt with the Eliotts and Van Hecke’s.

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, Ricky said:

I think if you’re calling those three out as the best loan signings over the last two seasons it’s a damning inditement on our use of the loan market.

I thought Morton was very average and we looked better when he wasn’t in the team. Ayari made very little impact at all. I liked Chrisene but we used him for a handful of matches. It’s been a really bad couple of years for loans. 

Maybe we were spoilt with the Eliotts and Van Hecke’s.

Maybe we paid a higher loan fee to get the Elliotts and Van Heckes.

Pay less, get worse players

• Like 4

Apparently a good few Premier League Clubs were after Aodhan Doherty back in December, including the likes of West Ham, Everton and Brighton.

Not sure why nothing materialised, but he must be pretty decent to be attracting PL interest after only a handful of games in the Northern Irish first division.

One for the future you'd assume, i'm sure he'll turn out to be well worth the reported £100k fee.

14 hours ago, Rover8T4 said:

Taken from Twitter, Not sure who he is but he's doing a podcast tomorrow

Screenshot_20240529-184631.png

Curiosity prevailed. This episode of their pod has been released, so I listened to the last bit about Rovers.

What is the news? I hear you say...

Nothing. They just spent a few minutes kissing the Venky's asses for dropping season tickets by £30.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

Curiosity prevailed. This episode of their pod has been released, so I listened to the last bit about Rovers.

Nothing. They just spent a few minutes kissing the Venky's asses for dropping season tickets by £30.

All these journos spouting ‘positive’ news for Rovers when, to coin an Office phrase, ‘there is no good news’ whatsoever concerning our football club.

Edited by G Somerset Rover
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes. Wants a new challenge. Plus we know 2 months ago. Makes me wonder how many signings he put forward for us sign but we didn't. 

I agree our loans signings have been very poor. Think Morton, Chrisene and Ayari were the best we done..

The lack of good striker had cost us massively over the last 2 seasons plus JDT not getting the best out of Hirst either who proved himself at this level

Under 21's signing

Morton was poor, he set up more goals for the opposition than he did for Rovers.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 3

Trying to take some positives here... I'm glad we're still heavily investing in the youth model, it's what's kept us alive. We can somewhat compete with bigger clubs for players at that age because we can offer them a pathway so I don't have a problem spending to compete for the academy. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Using the facts in front where McKenna has got a tune of him in 2 promotions. JDT didn't. Is that fact wrong? 

Mowbray didn't get a tune out of Giles at least and he has to be success at this level. Which is also a fact. 

So what I have said that is wrong? 

10 hours ago, Andy said:

Well he is proved himself and be part of promotion team..

7 goals for him this season in 26. 

9 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Morton was poor, he set up more chances for the opposition than he did for Rovers.

I disagree, I thought he was good overall loan signing for us. 

1 hour ago, TheRevAshton said:

And if you are buying 1 ticket from the club shop it's only 20 quid cheaper because of a 10 pound signing on fee

• Like 3

Just now, J*B said:

Just done the same and come here to moan. Am I living in a parallel universe here? Are people seriously suggesting that the ST prices where only ever £30 too high and now they're right where they need?

Have you rumours yet JB about transfers or these 2 new appointment?

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Have you rumours yet JB about transfers or these 2 new appointment?

I heard it was John Park and Mark Venus coming back. But that sounds so ridiculous I can only assume its someone trolling me. 

• Like 1

Mark Venus coming back is worrying

I have always had a real sneaking suspicion that the housing development plan did not die as it was portrayed

You feel as though Venus was involved in that. Although, I admit that is just a wild leap and not based on any inside knowledge

There's currently another situation in which a cash grab can be excused. Waggott embedding himself in with his old mates like Park and Venus tells me he is here for the long-haul. In that respect, everybody should be wary of new plans to develop on Brockhall

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, J*B said:

Just done the same and come here to moan. Am I living in a parallel universe here? Are people seriously suggesting that the ST prices where only ever £30 too high and now they're right where they need?

I know right?! The £349 early bird price is still about £100 too expensive, considering the 'product' they're offering.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

I know right?! The £349 early bird price is still about £100 too expensive, considering the 'product' they're offering.

Considering the product on offer I'd say it's about £449 too expensive. 

11 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

This is where everyone sticking together and forcing them to drive their prices down, is the only way forward.

Sadly, some people will accept it and renew, come what may. Without wanting to have a real go, the poor people who have 2-3 kids, who have followed Rovers all of their lives, but are now priced out, are the ones that suffer.

• Like 1

Not ITK at all.

But I know a director from Oxford United. He said we are set to pip Oxford for a league one free agent. 

he told me about Rothwell before it broke  and I posed it on Twitter. The guy is a multi millionaire and wouldn’t be saying it if it wasn’t true. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RoryRoversIreland said:

Not ITK at all.

But I know a director from Oxford United. He said we are set to pip Oxford for a league one free agent. 

he told me about Rothwell before it broke  and I posed it on Twitter. The guy is a multi millionaire and wouldn’t be saying it if it wasn’t true. 

Did he not say who?

Josh Murphy perhaps?

• Like 1