BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

58 minutes ago, J*B said:

I heard it was John Park and Mark Venus coming back. But that sounds so ridiculous I can only assume its someone trolling me. 

Nicko rubbished Venus coming back here last week..confirmed Park to me tho

26 minutes ago, RoryRoversIreland said:

Not ITK at all.

But I know a director from Oxford United. He said we are set to pip Oxford for a league one free agent. 

he told me about Rothwell before it broke  and I posed it on Twitter. The guy is a multi millionaire and wouldn’t be saying it if it wasn’t true. 

Thanks for Sharing..

Could be keeper Joe Wildsmith or striker Devante Cole or CM Herbie Kane? 

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Thanks for Sharing..

I wonder if his dad would want to do the negotiations with SW.

• Like 1

Has anyone found a way to actually buy a season ticket for the price advertised?

I'm not sure there is any way of actually getting one for £349. The cheapest being £351 if you can do it online, failing which it is £359 if you go into the shop.

Pretty sure it is impossible to get one for the price advertised. So false advertising.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, RoryRoversIreland said:

He didn’t say and I wouldn’t ask to be honest. 

for context. He brought me to his box in Oxford for the Rovers game in League 1. And he brought me to the directors box for the promotion party game at Ewood. 

You’re right not to ask. If the guy wanted to name names, he would have done so.

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, lraC said:

This is where everyone sticking together and forcing them to drive their prices down, is the only way forward.

Sadly, some people will accept it and renew, come what may. Without wanting to have a real go, the poor people who have 2-3 kids, who have followed Rovers all of their lives, but are now priced out, are the ones that suffer.

I think the club have actually made a real commitment to making it affordable for families. Kids tickets have never been cheaper.

Obviously Preston are seen as the benchmark by a lot of our supporters, but when comparing the two complete offerings you can see that we fare a lot better on seniors, young adults and secondary school age kids.

The three tickets I’ve bought this year would’ve been a tenner cheaper at Preston, so neither here nor there. If my nephew was 11 rather than 7, we’d be coming in 121 quid cheaper.

IMG_1974.thumb.jpeg.52031cb2ff41ca438e571246285d2f01.jpegIMG_1975.thumb.jpeg.4d0590c9161e8edec420b2e3c8529d79.jpeg

Edited by Miller11
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, RoryRoversIreland said:

He didn’t say and I wouldn’t ask to be honest. 

for context. He brought me to his box in Oxford for the Rovers game in League 1. And he brought me to the directors box for the promotion party game at Ewood. 

Herbie Kane would probably be the best we could hope for, he’s a capable player who looks on the up after a couple of poor years, suspect Barnsley will be miffed as they paid a million plus for him a couple of years ago and are loosing him for nothing

2 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

I think the club have actually made a real commitment to making it affordable for families. Kids tickets have never been cheaper.

Obviously Preston are seen as the benchmark by a lot of our supporters, but when comparing the two complete offerings you can see that we fare a lot better on seniors, young adults and secondary school age kids.

The three tickets I’ve bought this year would’ve been a tenner cheaper at Preston, so neither here nor there.

IMG_1974.thumb.jpeg.52031cb2ff41ca438e571246285d2f01.jpegIMG_1975.thumb.jpeg.4d0590c9161e8edec420b2e3c8529d79.jpeg

There are still some people, who sadly can't afford it.

2 minutes ago, FE123 said:

Herbie Kane would probably be the best we could hope for, he’s a capable player who looks on the up after a couple of poor years, suspect Barnsley will be miffed as they paid a million plus for him a couple of years ago and are loosing him for nothing

Their loss is our gain hopefully and lets face it, we have had it happen, the other way, often enough.

2 minutes ago, lraC said:

There are still some people, who sadly can't afford it.

There are people who struggle to feed and clothe their families, and it’s an issue than goes far deeper than season ticket prices.

Unfortunately some people will always be priced out given their personal circumstances, this applies to everything. In terms of what the club have done with the current season ticket offering though, it’s really good value for families.

• Like 1

Fair play with the concession prices, however the issue is the headline figure - I.e adult prices, they have only marginally reduced so there will be no headline ‘wow they’re cheap’ like when Bolton and PNE overnight slashed prices.

Boiling frog analogy and all that. It is hopefully enough to keep us pretty much where we were, but £25 off an adult ticket won’t see any noticeable spike.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheRevAshton said:

I know right?! The £349 early bird price is still about £100 too expensive, considering the 'product' they're offering.

The squad they've assembled is not worth the entry fee - it's embarrassingly poor. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Using the facts in front where McKenna has got a tune of him in 2 promotions. JDT didn't. Is that fact wrong? 

Mowbray didn't get a tune out of Giles at least and he has to be success at this level. Which is also a fact. 

So what I have said that is wrong? 

Well he is proved himself and be part of promotion team..

7 goals for him this season in 26. 

I disagree, I thought he was good overall loan signing for us. 

The point wasnt about those players. It was about the fact that they become daily criticisms now you are happy to criticise those as they no longer work for the club. 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Thanks for Sharing..

Barnsley are happy to see the back of Cole.

2 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Mark Venus coming back is worrying

I have always had a real sneaking suspicion that the housing development plan did not die as it was portrayed

You feel as though Venus was involved in that. Although, I admit that is just a wild leap and not based on any inside knowledge

There's currently another situation in which a cash grab can be excused. Waggott embedding himself in with his old mates like Park and Venus tells me he is here for the long-haul. In that respect, everybody should be wary of new plans to develop on Brockhall

I cannot see the club existing for the 'long haul' Venkys , Waggott et al cannot cut it much more , there is little left except mere shell of a club ..The club was stronger in the  Bill Fox era !

Posted (edited)

How long has Finneran been with us in the academy? If more than a couple of years he really owes giving us at least a season. He can see from others it helps rather than hinders his career to get Championship games.

Though the chaos with Broughton etc going cant make it easy to retain.

Edited by joey_big_nose
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Rover8T4 said:

Screenshot_20240530-132551.png

Joins Rovers at 8 years old and becomes a highly-rated prospect thanks to our fantastic Academy... only to jump ship as soon as Newcastle come in with their oil money.

If this is true, then get gone.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Has anyone found a way to actually buy a season ticket for the price advertised?

I'm not sure there is any way of actually getting one for £349. The cheapest being £351 if you can do it online, failing which it is £359 if you go into the shop.

Pretty sure it is impossible to get one for the price advertised. So false advertising.

It comes up at £349 for me (not that I want one!)

IMG_1697.thumb.jpeg.df953572409c3e64395ae71d18e80c46.jpeg

1 minute ago, TheRevAshton said:

Joins Rovers at 8 years old and becomes a highly-rated prospect thanks to our fantastic Academy... only to jump ship as soon as Newcastle come in with their oil money.

How do you know he hasn’t turned down other opportunities  to leave?

1 hour ago, Miller11 said:

The three tickets I’ve bought this year would’ve been a tenner cheaper at Preston, so neither here nor there. If my nephew was 11 rather than 7, we’d be coming in 121 quid cheaper.

The kids (U12) pricing is clearly a big success story and thats where they catch the bug. I'd argue they become a fan is a little later. When you crunch the cheapest EB prices based on an adult and 13 year old:

Adult & 11-18 = £425 @ PNE

Adult & 12-18 at Ewood = £405 @ Rovers

£10 Waggott Tax

Rovers are £10 cheaper than PNE for an adult and child. 

Come Phase 3, the prices for an adult and 13 year old at Rovers is £574, plus £10 Waggott Tax, making the final price £179 more expensive than Early Bird and £14 more expensive than PNE. 

Regardless of my issues on pricing - i.e. even with the £30 discount (£30 is not the difference between a really expensive ticket and a really affordable one), the bigger issues for me are:

1) If Rovers are happy to sell a seat for £349 in May, why is the price £100 more expensive in July? How many people do they expect to pay £100 extra in July for the same product? What makes it more expensive later?

2) If they couldn't release STs earlier due to not knowing what league we are in and submitting budgets for approval to Venkys - why didn't they extend the early bird to counter this?

I guarantee there is record low uptake this year and for me that is down to:

Nobody know what time the games will be on - not the clubs fault

Everyone is thoroughly pissed off with Waggott, Venkys and Pasha - the clubs fault

If they couldn't afford a ST in the 4-week period of early bird then they're being asked to pay £100+ more for the exact same product - the clubs fault

image.jpeg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

How long has Finneran been with us in the academy? If more than a couple of years he really owes giving us at least a season. He can see from others it helps rather than hinders his career to get Championship games.

Joined the club at under 8s level 

6 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

It comes up at £349 for me (not that I want one!)

IMG_1697.thumb.jpeg.df953572409c3e64395ae71d18e80c46.jpeg

Oh yeah, they say it is £349, but then when you go through to pay they add a £2 surcharge, which as far as I can see there is absolutely no way of avoiding.

They claim that this is to fee due to Ticketmaster for the website facility which may be correct, but they shouldn't be advertising at £349 if it is impossible to buy one for that.

Ordinarily I'd expect them to not impose the £2 admin fee if buying directly from the club but inexplicably they go one better and charge an extra £10 to buy direct from the club

They'd be better advertising it at £351 and absorbing the admin fee within it

9 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

Taking supporting Rovers out of the mix here - because he doesn't - what about the last 12-months would make the 15 version of yourself think it wise to commit to Rovers in what is a very short career where key decisions have a huge impact?

• Like 2