BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

8 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

We have had some very good loan signings over the years whether it Van Hecke or Khadra or Tosin. Didn't see people complaining then or the fact that people expect other clubs in league 1 or 2 to loan our young players and develop them so we see the benefits of it in the future. 

well i was, I HATE LOANS . khadri ? he was shite.

develop our own not someone else's. 

don't send ours out make them learn here , supposedly one of the best.

57 minutes ago, London blue said:

Fella you need to start using your brain. We were the 4th worst team in the league last year, arguably worse. 

Our squad is far pooper than "most teams", and will get worse before the end of the window without investment way beyond £5m. It's not happening but this squad needs at least £15m investment to be competitive.

6th worse. I still think with a first choice keeper, we will be competing for play-offs.

36 minutes ago, ABBEY said:

well i was, I HATE LOANS . khadri ? he was shite.

develop our own not someone else's. 

don't send ours out make them learn here , supposedly one of the best.

Carter and S. Wharton benefitted massively from going out on loan. They wouldn't have got that experience here. Leonard, Garrett and Gilsenan could all have really benefitted from following suit last season. I hope we recruit well enough in the summer that they get to go on loan this season. 

3 minutes ago, rigger said:

6th worse. I still think with a first choice keeper, we will be competing for play-offs.

You can't count on Szmodics having a season anything like that again - it was a complete aberration (and why a normally run club would be trying to sell him whilst his value is at it's peak). 

We're woefully short upfront to challenge for the playoffs, even with a good first choice keeper - not unless de Gea misses the North West. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

I haven't. You've undermined your argument but don't seem to be able to see it.

You have already answered your point that Waggott as been here for a number of years and the owners keep him here. I have been on here posting that I would like a new CEO who is commercial driven and understand the fan base more. 

What more do you want? 

1 hour ago, London blue said:

Fella you need to start using your brain. We were the 4th worst team in the league last year, arguably worse. 

Our squad is far pooper than "most teams", and will get worse before the end of the window without investment way beyond £5m. It's not happening but this squad needs at least £15m investment to be competitive.

You can get good players in for low fee, free transfers and loan market for that 5m budget. I can get you plenty of suggest players who would improve us like a new keeper, 2 new strikers, Right winger and centre back plus a back up right back? 

Keeper - John Ruddy (free)

Right back - Cody Drameh (free)

Centre back - Josh Knight (free)

Right winger - Koji Miyoshi (£2m) 

Strikers - Ryan Hardie (£2.5m) Ryan Hardie - Plymouth Argyle 21/22 (youtube.com)

- Aaron Connolly (free) 

So that's 6 signings we can sign and we improve our squad there

Edited by chaddyrovers

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

You have already answered your point that Waggott as been here for a number of years and the owners keep him here. I have been on here posting that I would like a new CEO who is commercial driven and understand the fan base more. 

What more do you want? 

What more do I want? Well I'd like you to make sense, ideally. My point wasn't that Waggott has been here for a number of years. My point was that your highlighting he had been here for a number of years only shows that an incompetent member of staff was kept around here well past his sell by date, which doesn't strengthen any point you were making.

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

You can get good players in for low fee, free transfers and loan market for that 5m budget. I can get you plenty of suggest players who would improve us like a new keeper, 2 new strikers, Right winger and centre back plus a back up right back? 

Forgive me for not thinking you playing football manager is the same as real life. We won't spend £5m and if by some miracle we do it won't catapult us 10 places up the league.

4 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

I'd welcome Rothwell back for next season, either on loan or a permanent(although I imagine his wages would scupper a permanent)

Id stay well clear of Rothwell

Have you forgotten his non performances after being refused a move to Bournemouth the January before his summer departure?

Up until then he had been excellent that season as soon as he didn't get his transfer his performances were shit

He is a 1 in 3 or 4 player anyway a decent performance followed by poor performances and like you say will be on more money than any of our players 

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Have you forgotten his non performances after being refused a move to Bournemouth the January before his summer departure?

Up until then he had been excellent that season as soon as he didn't get his transfer his performances were shit

He is a 1 in 3 or 4 player anyway a decent performance followed by poor performances and like you say will be on more money than any of our players 

He offers something different and unpredictable though, we need a player or 2 like that in the squad as we are way to predictable and never have any players on the bench that can come on and offer something different 

He was one of a few players that season that where dicked about, Mowbray was crap at dealing with him for years

21 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

I'd welcome Rothwell back for next season, either on loan or a permanent(although I imagine his wages would scupper a permanent)

where we are at the moment we don`t need a player who goes missing when it is`nt happening for him,thats rothwell in a nutshell,looks a class act for 15 minutes then goes into another dimension for the rest of the game

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, islander200 said:

70 minute man.

If he knew he was going to be asked to play the full 90 minutes he used to hide for 20 minutes.

Rothwell's top class.  When he's on top form he's a top end Premiership player, not many around with his ability.  Like every player he doesn't play that well all the time. I'd argue a misfiring Rothwell still adds more to this team than any of the shite we have.  Best central ball carrying midfielder in the Championship easily.  I remember Mowbray rotating and dropping him, cameo here and there,  every time he came on he was awesome.  Finally gave him the run he deserved and then his contracts running down.  He's walk into this side- we're absolute dog shite. No chance a player of that calibre joins an unambitious club like ours.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

We already have a head of recruitment in Sean Kimberley who in charge of scouting, Sean Kimberley makes Rovers return | rovers.co.uk

Coventry sold their best players and reinvested that money into the squad revamp last summer. Boro sold their best striker and goalscorer to Ajax or QPR sold their best keeper last summer to championship team. 

So clubs do sell their best players and sign good replacements. 

I know they do, and thats the model we should strive for.

But we don't. We sell players and don't reinvest. See Wharton, Armstrong, Rhodes, Gestede etc.

You've supported us throughout the Venkys reign, surely you can see a pattern now?

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

What more do you want? 

Keeper - John Ruddy (free)

Right back - Cody Drameh (free)

Centre back - Josh Knight (free)

Right winger - Koji Miyoshi (£2m) 

Strikers - Ryan Hardie (£2.5m) Ryan Hardie - Plymouth Argyle 21/22 (youtube.com)

- Aaron Connolly (free) 

So that's 6 signings we can sign and we improve our squad there

Would they really improve our team much?

3 players from relegated Birmingham including a really old keeper who you have admitted you don't know if you would sign, but one you have named simply because he has been linked. And 2 strikers who are far from prolific at this level and probably not a noticeable upgrade on Gallagher.

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rubbish, we are very good at developing players over the years as we have shown and we are continue to do so. We aren't over reliance on academy graduates at all, but we actually bring through good talent players good enough for Championship football. Garrett is decent enough and improving. We have some good young players coming through like Tyjon, Atcheson, Gilsenan and Duru just to names some exciting prospects

I think Campbell would improve our forward line, Maybe he just need the right head coach to get the best out of him.

On Wildsmith, He is 28 years old and just be part of promotion winner team and kept 20 clean sheets in 40 games and available on free. I don't know alot about him but if we have small budget and we want to spend most of that money on quality goalscorer striker then him being a free might be worth a gamble.

On Murphy, I would look at him as squad player and replacing Sigurdsson who I think will go given he only has 12 months left on his contract. 

We are very good at developing players. But because of the consistent budget slashing, we rely on them too much and just assume before they have played first team football that they are a) going to ever be good enough and more importantly b) are ready now.

Example one, not signing a left back as to not "block Batty" irrespective of if he was ready. He wasn't, not even close so we spent half a season with only one left back and had to get a cheap loan.

Example two, going into the last 2 seasons with Vale and then Leonard in the starting line up. Leonard could be ready in time, isn't yet, Vale will never be.

• Like 2

Rothwell brought a spark to us, he got  you on the edge of your seat, he was direct…We‘ve not had anyone like that since he’s left…We are a boring boring team who no player brave or good enough to beat their man…We need a Rothwell type back asap, it doesn’t take a genius to work that out.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mercer said:

There is a better chance of me having dinner with Taylor Swift and persuading her to buy Rovers.

What world do you live in!?

She'll be yours hook line and sinker once you bust out a bottle from your special stash.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bohinen1983 said:

Rothwell's top class.  When he's on top form he's a top end Premiership player, not many around with his ability.  Like every player he doesn't play that well all the time. I'd argue a misfiring Rothwell still adds more to this team than any of the shite we have.  Best central ball carrying midfielder in the Championship easily.  I remember Mowbray rotating and dropping him, cameo here and there,  every time he came on he was awesome.  Finally gave him the run he deserved and then his contracts running down.  He's walk into this side- we're absolute dog shite. No chance a player of that calibre joins an unambitious club like ours.

Top half of which Premiership?

Tronstad is a far more complete player. 

47 minutes ago, Bohinen1983 said:

top end of the premier league🤣,bournemouth don`t want him and he can`t even get a game for southampton😁

• Like 2

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

where we are at the moment we don`t need a player who goes missing when it is`nt happening for him,thats rothwell in a nutshell,looks a class act for 15 minutes then goes into another dimension for the rest of the game

He’s a luxury player, as you say he has a good 15 or 20 minutes and that’s it.

54 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I know they do, and thats the model we should strive for.

But we don't. We sell players and don't reinvest. See Wharton, Armstrong, Rhodes, Gestede etc.

You've supported us throughout the Venkys reign, surely you can see a pattern now?

Cos our losses are far too much and we rely on the owners money to pay the season debt off each season, Exactly why the commercial side of the club needs improving. 

We lose 20m a season still yet the owners can only put 39m in for 3 seasons hence why Armstrong was sold and the STC need to be sold to make sure we didn't go into transfer embargo. 

Would they really improve our team much?

3 players from relegated Birmingham including a really old keeper who you have admitted you don't know if you would sign, but one you have named simply because he has been linked. And 2 strikers who are far from prolific at this level and probably not a noticeable upgrade on Gallagher.

In my opinion, Yes they would. Hardie scored 12 goals in 40 games this season and Connolly scored 8 goals in 28 games this season so they have scored more than Gallagher 3 goals in 24 games. Hardie and Connolly have out performed Gallagher massively. 

Drameh is from Leeds, he was only on loan at Birmingham. 

You complained/moan about my ideas/suggestions but you come up zero ideas/suggestions on getting good players in. 

We are very good at developing players. But because of the consistent budget slashing, we rely on them too much and just assume before they have played first team football that they are a) going to ever be good enough and more importantly b) are ready now.

Example one, not signing a left back as to not "block Batty" irrespective of if he was ready. He wasn't, not even close so we spent half a season with only one left back and had to get a cheap loan.

Example two, going into the last 2 seasons with Vale and then Leonard in the starting line up. Leonard could be ready in time, isn't yet, Vale will never be.

I don't think we rely far too much at all, if you are good enough you play them. I would play Leonard next season, he has shown his worth for this team, doesn't need a loan. He has the same goals as Gallagher in less games. 

Batty should have come through last season and why he didn't I don't know. Do you know why? 

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Cos our losses are far too much and we rely on the owners money to pay the season debt off each season, Exactly why the commercial side of the club needs improving. 

We lose 20m a season still yet the owners can only put 39m in for 3 seasons hence why Armstrong was sold and the STC need to be sold to make sure we didn't go into transfer embargo.

39m over three seasons is 13m a season, so 20m minus 13m means a 7m deficit per season. Or 21m total. Armstrong and the STC raised about 30m. And that's before we consider Kaminski, the Raya money, Phillips, Wharton...

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

You complained/moan about my ideas/suggestions but you come up zero ideas/suggestions on getting good players in. 

Because no-one else deludes themselves into thinking that suggesting players for the club to sign on a forum is of any use whatsoever.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

In my opinion, Yes they would. Hardie scored 12 goals in 40 games this season and Connolly scored 8 goals in 28 games this season so they have scored more than Gallagher 3 goals in 24 games. Hardie and Connolly have out performed Gallagher massively. 

Drameh is from Leeds, he was only on loan at Birmingham. 

I don't think we rely far too much at all, if you are good enough you play them. I would play Leonard next season, he has shown his worth for this team, doesn't need a loan. He has the same goals as Gallagher in less games. 

Batty should have come through last season and why he didn't I don't know. Do you know why? 

Even if the commercial side is improved, and it certainly bloody needs to, it would be marginal, not millions and millions a year. The key is player trading and its something the club has monumentally failed on throughout the Venkys era. It has to be continuous, we cannot allow players to run their contracts down and you have to invest some of each sale in order to then have further sellable assets to continue the cycle, sell and buy, sell and buy. The Armstrong argument might hold some weight if it wasn't for the fact that every sale just sees the proceeds vanish, it wasn't a one off. Wharton, Rhodes, Gestede, Cairney, the same thing happened.

I don't have a list of alternative signings no, you don't have to have an encyclopaedic knowledge across Europe and the time and desire to research potential signings, it's not our job, to be able to comment on that bunch. I know those players you mention because like you, I watch a lot of Championship football as we are in it, so our range of knowledge is limited. 3 of the players you mentioned went down with Birmingham and I am guessing that you presume that Eustace might want to reunite with them, Ruddy fuelled with the Nixon link even though you have said before that you don't know if he would improve us. The players you mentioned wouldn't particularly improve our starting 11, in my opinion. But I can't see us spending £5m anyway.

I don't know why Batty hasn't come through, presumably he isn't good enough to be playing Championship football. My point being, we had to presume that he was ready and were inevitably caught short when he wasn't, and it's not an isolated example. This football club is currently not geared to be particularly competitive at this level, our wage budget is tiny and we aren't allowed to reinvest the funds due to the owners.

Also, has as been mentioned. The £20m a season losses and the £39m in 3 years are not directly linked, because not all of the losses are inclusive in FFP requirements. The reason we haven't been reinvesting isn't because of FFP. And it isn't predominantly because of the commercial side, as much as we should strive to improve it. Our player trading has forever been shocking. We sell, we don't reinvest. That is down to the owners. They also turn down bids for players whose contracts are expiring. Their sole focus is minimising losses, they aren't interested in what happens off the pitch.

• Like 5