BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

10 hours ago, Butty said:

Seriously? Our squad on paper minus Szmodics who will inevitably be sold is one that will be battling relegation or sat in mid table mediocrity at best next season. Competing for playoffs is an absolutely ridiculous claim after the season we’ve just had. 

Recruit 4/5 good quality players this summer and that opinion will change of course. 

It's what I think. If you disagree that is your prerogative. 

People have taken the piss out of his English in the past, don’t like that at all, because fair play to him for posting regularly if dyslexic etc. I also think he should never get stick for, you know, watching Rovers, I go every week and nobody rounds on me for it.

However, I completely disagree with a lot of his opinions… and will continue to do so, just like he can with mine.

• Like 7

Lets talk about transfers, even if they are all looking like being outgoing.

Surely someone must've heard something although i think it's quite telling we haven't been invaded by the usual suspects who only pop up this time of year.

Could be the quietest summer in many years.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

Surely someone must've heard something although i think it's quite telling we haven't been invaded by the usual suspects who only pop up this time of year.

I’m still hanging on to the hope that there’s a small war chest! 

Hopefully we’ve got a few quality freebies lined up for when the window opens on the 14th June (I think)

8 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I didn't think the window even opened for another couple of weeks, yet Rotherham have signed 7 players! Maybe if they are all free agents they can sign at anytime ?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

113 pages and zero transfers. Come on rovers help us out a little. Give us something to talk about 

Don’t hold your breath.

You’ll be waiting at least another 113 pages before we get our first signing done, if not more…

• Like 1

Don't worry, Tommy Rover or whatever he's called will be around soon trying to cause a stir with his make-believe ITK transfer info and 100% strike rate of getting nothing right 🤠

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

I didn't think the window even opened for another couple of weeks, yet Rotherham have signed 7 players! Maybe if they are all free agents they can sign at anytime ?

It must be players who’ve already been released by their previous clubs. I notice Jonson Clarke-Harris is one of the players they’ve signed. Didn’t realise Steve Evan’s was back in charge there. 

If the young lad goes to Newcastle it will leave a real bitter taste in the mouth. 
Even Phillips at least signed a contract which netted us a few million and we were done over there too. He’s looks a messiah compared to this. 

If he does leave, I’d wish nothing but the worst for his career anyway. Shocking loyalty to the club that has developed you. 

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Don't worry, Tommy Rover or whatever he's called will be around soon trying to cause a stir with his make-believe ITK transfer info and 100% strike rate of getting nothing right 🤠

😂 give me the Chadster every day over the transfer rumour frauds. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I remember the days when Summer passed by with just talk of the cricket and there were absolutely NO incoming transfers at all with just kids and guys at the end of their careers being released. Chaddy’s worst nightmare.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead

Just catching up…. But to summarise.

If you think someone is being bullied, report it. 
If you’ve had a post hidden and want to query it, DM a mod, or ask in ‘ask admin’, please don’t clog up the thread querying it! 
With the poster on everyone’s lips, it seems so frequent that I’m having to explain this, but, if we treat it as bullying, we are seen as over protecting, if we do nothing, we are seen as being accessories to bullying. Ergo, we can’t win.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

It must be players who’ve already been released by their previous clubs. I notice Jonson Clarke-Harris is one of the players they’ve signed. Didn’t realise Steve Evan’s was back in charge there. 

It is:

IMG_1704.thumb.jpeg.81b2129235e7e4bc09a419d4872292c7.jpeg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Forever Blue said:

I’m still hanging on to the hope that there’s a small war chest! 

Hopefully we’ve got a few quality freebies lined up for when the window opens on the 14th June (I think)

If you can call 500k fees a war chest 😄

I'll take a punt and say any tiny budget will be swallowed up in wages for experienced over aged players who are mates of Eustace and Waggot.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

Just catching up…. But to summarise.

If you think someone is being bullied, report it. 
If you’ve had a post hidden and want to query it, DM a mod, or ask in ‘ask admin’, please don’t clog up the thread querying it! 
With the poster on everyone’s lips, it seems so frequent that I’m having to explain this, but, if we treat it as bullying, we are seen as over protecting, if we do nothing, we are seen as being accessories to bullying. Ergo, we can’t win.

In any case nothing resembling bullying on these recent pages. If a number of people disagree with his posts why shouldn't they say so? No bad language, no insults but its not nursery class.

Edited by 47er
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Tugayisgod said:

They've been jumping the queue it seems but like you say must be freebies as even released players don't become available until end of June when most contract run out.