BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

32 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

If he didn't have flaws Dolan wouldn't be here. I think we are better team with Dolan here

I will judge Park on the signings we made under him but when he was here last time we made the Van Hecke signing, Khadra and Hedges. 

He seems very experience in recruitment and has worked at several different clubs like Celtic and Rangers. When at Celtic, he signed Van Dijk.  

Most teams don't play with old fashioned wingers But I think he is good player and Is suited to playing from the left side in Eustace's team

who knows until you know what the owners are thinking

exactly. I would expect a number of free agents to be sign this month. Hopefully we sign 2 or 3 this month. We back in pre season training in 2 weeks. 

We also signed Edun, Markanday, Poveda and Clarkson in his season in charge. Limited pool seeing as he was only here for 1 season but its very much a mixed bag.

on Dolan, for one he is a starter on the left hand side of the attacking 3 behind our number 9. One of the first names on the team sheet for me. He is still only 22. 

On John Park @roversfan99, Like I said, I will judge him on the signings he makes here from this summer onwards. He is very experience Recruitment person and it will interesting what input he has our in terms of players we sign. 

• Like 1

He probably is one of the first names on the team sheet as it stands, the team almost picks itself because we have no strength in depth due to budget cuts. 

But has he improved much in those 4 years, or does he still constantly over elaborate with needless skills, with less speed?

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

on Dolan, for one he is a starter on the left hand side of the attacking 3 behind our number 9. One of the first names on the team sheet for me. He is still only 22. 

On John Park @roversfan99, Like I said, I will judge him on the signings he makes here from this summer onwards. He is very experience Recruitment person and it will interesting what input he has our in terms of players we sign. 

he can an absolute mega scout with contacts all over the globe.if he has`nt the backing of the owners or the ceo on the issue of wages and transfer budgets then his position is pretty untenable,you can`t buy an rs ford focus on 2nd hand transit van money

On 01/06/2024 at 20:42, Mercer said:

Yes, we do need more sponsorship and also better quality sponsorship.

I agree our commercial department do not seem to cut the mustard.

However, a big, big issue is the product they are trying to sell - Rovers and their brand!!!  Good quality companies are very careful with what and who their brand(s) are linked with and they will not throw their money about willy nilly.  These companies are looking to increase their own brand awareness and reputation and connect with target audiences mainly within the sporting arena and through tv coverage of games.  Sadly, IMO, the shambles Rovers are, makes it a well nigh impossible task to attract big money and sponsorships.

Heard the main sponsor isn’t totally Wicked any more, but they will support us in other capacities 

32 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

He probably is one of the first names on the team sheet as it stands, the team almost picks itself because we have no strength in depth due to budget cuts. 

But has he improved much in those 4 years, or does he still constantly over elaborate with needless skills, with less speed?

I wouldn't be looking for a signing in that position this summer unless one of them moved on. Dolan should be deffo starter next season performance depending

Dolan's influence on the team can be seen. Look at the pass for Szmodics goal at Leeds for example. Would he done that 4 years ago. He is still quick but lost a yard of pace because he has built his body strength up. 

23 minutes ago, RVRVRS said:

Heard the main sponsor isn’t totally Wicked any more, but they will support us in other capacities 

Maybe 'Navigator' the multi billion pound Portuguese company that are buying out Accrol papers might want to give their company  name a boost in the area 

(highly unlikely i know, but the venks will never completely destroy my hope) 

48 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

he can an absolute mega scout with contacts all over the globe.if he has`nt the backing of the owners or the ceo on the issue of wages and transfer budgets then his position is pretty untenable,you can`t buy an rs ford focus on 2nd hand transit van money

Which would suggest he’s had assurances over transfer budget available or he wouldn’t be coming

5 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Which would suggest he’s had assurances over transfer budget available or he wouldn’t be coming

Not necessarily. Even if it was a case of a low budget, people would still be willing to do the job especially if it is at a club bigger/paying bigger wages comparative to where they are at now. 

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Not necessarily. Even if it was a case of a low budget, people would still be willing to do the job especially if it is at a club bigger/paying bigger wages comparative to where they are at now. 

So you think we’ve hired a new head of scouting and told him we can’t sign any of his recommendations? 

• Like 2

• Backroom
8 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

So you think we’ve hired a new head of scouting and told him we can’t sign any of his recommendations? 

Would you put that past Waggott?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I wouldnt go that far. He cryptically posted about a rumour that has been doing the rounds for weeks, and also suggested that Venkys might sell which sadly is bollocks.

Lets hope that whatever formation Eustace plays, he can actually win a home gamd this season. 

Something seems off to me about that account.

I wouldn't be surprised to see numerous 'ITK' rumours emitting from there all summer about players we will never be signing. All done with the aim of distracting the fanbase from the fact we aren't signing anyone and turning attention away from the owners.

We had a few on here last summer doing the same thing.

45 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

It might be more a case of you wont have much money to play with. Not that he cant sign anyone at all.

Even if he promised a certain amount, that tends to change under these owners.

16 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

that fat belly would keep out more shots than pears will,might be a problem when he tries to get down to shots in the corner though!!!

He's a tongue like a snakes so no problem 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

That's a good point!! I really don't believe Park would return unless he was assured that money is going to be spent on good calibre players. 

That said!!!  History has repeatedly shown that assurances from waggot, suhail & co. Mean next to nothing. 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

1 hour ago, RVRVRS said:

Blackpool interest in taking 2 players on Loan, Garrett and Gilsenan. 

That's OK in itself but who's gonna be on the bench----the under-12s?

19 minutes ago, Ricky said:

Gilsenen is an interesting one. Always looks decent and has a very good youth pedigree but doesn’t seem to push on. 

I think he's not really been given a proper chance yet - a few minutes here and there.

Hopefully he gets his chance this season, I think he has a lot of potential.

• Like 6