BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Neal said:

Wouldn't be a great loss, I'm sure the other 3 didn't even manage 10 league goals between them. 

It would if the doomsday scenario of all transfer funds generated  being spent solely on club running costs comes to pass.

Udoh on a free  would be a best case scenario then. 

Edited by Forever Blue

Putting 2+2 together here...

Someone mentioned a higher up from Oxford says we've beaten them to an out of contract league 1 player... 

Surely Udoh?

1 hour ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Won’t let me paste the link.

IMG_6130.png

Surely they have bigger/better fish to fry than Gallagher?

Mental how most Rovers fans would be happy to see them back of him and yet he could be a premier league player by the start of the season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DeeCee said:

Id be pleased to see Jordan Rhodes here next season at the moment 🙄

Signed for Blackpool 2 days ago

14 minutes ago, Neal said:

Someone mentioned a higher up from Oxford says we've beaten them to an out of contract league 1 player... 

Surely Udoh?

Isn't that Josh Murphy? 

14 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Mental how most Rovers fans would be happy to see them back of him and yet he could be a premier league player by the start of the season.

is mckenna in a fragile mental state of mind  figuring gallagher could play in the top flight🤒

25 minutes ago, Neal said:

Surely Udoh?

Is there a proper link for Udoh? If we are basing it off that twitter account then it’s fake, 95% of the stories are made up. 

• Like 1

He Works Hard™️ in the Prem? 

I'm eternally fascinated by the attention he's able to draw from managers, either as a potential transfer or being a fixture in our Starting XI when fit. Yeah, he has attributes...which he uses effectively once in every ten matches if we're being generous. 

31 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Mental is definitely the word. 

14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Sean Kimberley has been axed 

John Park will be joining as Head of recruitment. 

Big summer ahead for us now. 

Wtf?

Did we know he was leaving?

You've referenced him loads in posts recently.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, davulsukur said:

Wtf?

until now he said he was saying so its seems that Compete revamping of our scouting and recruitment department is happening. Park will need to bring some new scouts very quickly to help him recruit players very quickly 

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

until now he said he was saying so its seems that Compete revamping of our scouting and recruitment department is happening. Park will need to bring some new scouts very quickly to help him recruit players very quickly 

On the back foot, playing catch up already with nothing but a packet of love hearts and a Curly wurly for a transfer budget.

Shambles.

• Like 7

Like I said before, in any normal organisation when 4 members of backroom staff leave/sacked questions would be asked to try pinpoint the main issue. We all know what it is but people with the authority are on the opposite side of the world

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Wtf?

They have brought/bringing Park in as head of recruitment which was Kimberley's role

All these scouts that have left joined the summer Broughton was appointed, presumably he would have had a say in the process of appointing the recruitment team.So no real surprises to see more follow Broughton out of the door 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

is mckenna in a fragile mental state of mind  figuring gallagher could play in the top flight🤒

He could not score in the premier league just as easily as doesn’t score here. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, islander200 said:

They have brought/bringing Park in as head of recruitment which was Kimberley's role

All these scouts that have left joined the summer Broughton was appointed, presumably he would have had a say in the process of appointing the recruitment team.So no real surprises to see more follow Broughton out of the door 

Must all be driven by Waggott / Sunhal bringing back someone they know (Park) and clearing the deck. What will be interesting if the key factor is cost cutting or if it is a genuine turn over of personnel. We will be able to tell by who Park brings in.

24 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

On the back foot, playing catch up already with nothing but a packet of love hearts and a Curly wurly for a transfer budget.

Shambles.

Park surely will bring in his own staff I would guess over time. He has a range of contacts anyway. 

23 minutes ago, Rover8T4 said:

Like I said before, in any normal organisation when 4 members of backroom staff leave/sacked questions would be asked to try pinpoint the main issue. We all know what it is but people with the authority are on the opposite side of the world

Who is going to ask questions? the owners? Have they not asked Waggott to revamp their scouting and recruitment after poor season last season. 

11 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Its seems like it complete and utter revamping by Rovers. I guess it being led by Waggott and Eustace. 

Park will be head of recruitment. 

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Will the last one leaving please turn off the lights.

I thought you would be be in favour of our scouting department given your comments on here recruitment in the past 12 months would in all honest you having like? 

My cynical side makes me wonder... Is this another cost cutting measure where the in house recruitment team is being scrapped for consultants who won't be working in house? 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Park surely will bring in his own staff I would guess over time. He has a range of contacts anyway. 

Who is going to ask questions? the owners? Have they not asked Waggott to revamp their scouting and recruitment after poor season last season. 

Its seems like it complete and utter revamping by Rovers. I guess it being led by Waggott and Eustace. 

Park will be head of recruitment. 

I thought you would be be in favour of our scouting department given your comments on here recruitment in the past 12 months would in all honest you having like? 

Surely you dont believe this is the owners pushing for a sudden improvement in recruitment? Again, mistaking us for a normal club.

The main reason its been shit is because of the budget. But even allowing for that, not arsed to see the scouts leave as even amidst that theyve not done very well. But its a sad indictment on a "new era" 2  years ago to see them all leave and says a lot about what has gone on before. Im sure we will get new people in, on an overall lesser wage, and then in 2 years yet another scouting department will go and more disruption.

You mentioned acting quickly in terms of getting ahead with transfers. Dont hold your breath.

Youve been defensive of our recruitment in the last 2 years so im guessing you are sad to see them go.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Youve been defensive of our recruitment in the last 2 years so im guessing you are sad to see them go.

Ah no - if this is what the Club have decided to do I'm Sure it will meet with the Chadster's full approval.

Personally I've no idea why we're bringing Park back, he was absolutely hopeless last time he was here. Perhaps the plan is to reverse the favour that was done for him when he was out of work and once he is in situ he'll appoint Venus as his assistant and lobby for his other pal Mowbray to be made DOF. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Gally needs selling

You're a master of understatement. That's a bit like saying being a serial killer isn't really the most desirable thing in the world.

Still, that potential transfer will be the litmus test of whether we are finally going to at least try to improve I suppose.

• Like 1