BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

I can’t say I’m disappointed that the scouting/transfer team is being overhauled. Last season signings bar Tronstadt were diabolical. 

I’m just worried that we’ll be using Waggott’s contacts over the summer, rather than identifying proper talent.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Surely you dont believe this is the owners pushing for a sudden improvement in recruitment? Again, mistaking us for a normal club.

I think Owners with Waggott and Pasha have done an end of season review and they realise last season recruitment wasn't good enough, so we have seen these changing of personal. 

The main reason its been shit is because of the budget. But even allowing for that, not arsed to see the scouts leave as even amidst that theyve not done very well. But its a sad indictment on a "new era" 2  years ago to see them all leave and says a lot about what has gone on before. Im sure we will get new people in, on an overall lesser wage, and then in 2 years yet another scouting department will go and more disruption.

We signed 13 players last season and instead of signing 2 strikers in Ennis and Telalovic, we could have got a good striker for both of those wages whether it was loan or permanent signing like Ugbo or Stansfield or Pukki or Healey

You mentioned acting quickly in terms of getting ahead with transfers. Dont hold your breath.

At this time of year is getting interest know in players and us having a recruitment plan which I am sure Eustace will have his plans and targets. 

Youve been defensive of our recruitment in the last 2 years so im guessing you are sad to see them go.

I wouldn't say I have been defensive but understanding the situation, But I do think we should have recruitment better in terms of striker. I think Tronstad, Sigurdsson(somewhat), Moran(for 4 months), Chrisene, Ayari and McFadzean were good to decent signings but the lack of striker signing massive cost us last season

2 hours ago, davulsukur said:

Surely they have bigger/better fish to fry than Gallagher?

Mental how most Rovers fans would be happy to see them back of him and yet he could be a premier league player by the start of the season.

We do have an undeniable habit of rating our own players far less than a lot of others do.

And i'm by no means saying Gallagher is great but the point is many other clubs have similar and worse players it is unfortunately part and parcel of second tier bread and butter football.

To replace him with similar in terms of contribution over a season shouldn't be that difficult but is all down to who is recruiting. To replace him with better costs money and wages or a huge slice of fortune in someone pulling a rabbit out the hat.

Not meaning this as a dig at chaddy as he gets too much grief in my book, but the most consistently funny thing on this forum is the way a player gets linked and then becomes Chaddy's solution.  Never mentioned Ugbo before and now we will hear nothing but his name till September 

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

We do have an undeniable habit of rating our own players far less than a lot of others do.

And i'm by no means saying Gallagher is great but the point is many other clubs have similar and worse players it is unfortunately part and parcel of second tier bread and butter football.

To replace him with similar in terms of contribution over a season shouldn't be that difficult but is all down to who is recruiting. To replace him with better costs money and wages or a huge slice of fortune in someone pulling a rabbit out the hat.

If Gally was half the player other clubs seem to think he is Pele would be in his garden padding his goals scored record 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Ah no - if this is what the Club have decided to do I'm Sure it will meet with the Chadster's full approval.

Personally I've no idea why we're bringing Park back, he was absolutely hopeless last time he was here. Perhaps the plan is to reverse the favour that was done for him when he was out of work and once he is in situ he'll appoint Venus as his assistant and lobby for his other pal Mowbray to be made DOF. 

Was Park "absolutely hopeless?" 

It was another season of Venkys refusing to invest so it was basically all loans bar the odd cheap signing. Van Hecke, Khadra and Hedges were good signings, Edun, Clarkson and Poveda werent, then he went. He was mixed.

But yes, I am sure its all part of a masterplan to get Mowbray back into the club, a man who had to leave an actual managerial job because of ill health.

24 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think Owners with Waggott and Pasha have done an end of season review and they realise last season recruitment wasn't good enough, so we have seen these changing of personal. 

We signed 13 players last season and instead of signing 2 strikers in Ennis and Telalovic, we could have got a good striker for both of those wages whether it was loan or permanent signing like Ugbo or Stansfield or Pukki or Healey

At this time of year is getting interest know in players and us having a recruitment plan which I am sure Eustace will have his plans and targets. 

I wouldn't say I have been defensive but understanding the situation, But I do think we should have recruitment better in terms of striker. I think Tronstad, Sigurdsson(somewhat), Moran(for 4 months), Chrisene, Ayari and McFadzean were good to decent signings but the lack of striker signing massive cost us last season

You think Venkys, with their 2 trusty stooges, have analysed the season in detail and decided that it falls below the very high standards they have otherwise overseen during their time here so chose to sack the lot and start again?

If Park can do better than Telalovic, Hirst and Ennis then I’m glad he’s joining to lead the recruitment. 

And they aren’t going to overhaul the recruitment, pay people off and then tell the new guys there’s no funds to recruit. Well, you’d hope not. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Won't it be Park and Eustace contacts? 

You’d hope they’d be identifying the targets, rather then relying on Waggott, like in the signing of Fleck.

6 minutes ago, B16Rover said:

If Gally was half the player other clubs seem to think he is Pele would be in his garden padding his goals scored record 

I mean it's only a manager who has taken a league 1 club with little budget from the third tier to the Prem in two straight seasons that thinks he can do a job !!!

Some Rovers fans would rather a 35 year old beanpole from Brum replace him 😉

5 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I mean it's only a manager who has taken a league 1 club with little budget from the third tier to the Prem in two straight seasons that thinks he can do a job !!!

In fairness he's done that with Sam Morsy as captain too.  Scientists have spent years attempting to see if we are in a simulation and McKenna has proved it in 24 months - it's just the simulation a Kieran McKenna football manager save 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Chaddy yesterday was banging on about Kimberley being scout and everything planned for the season.

Today we find out he's gone.

Park coming in Waggotts  mate, can only be a negative in my eyes.

Paving the way for Tony 'the return' if you ask me ....

2 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Chaddy yesterday was banging on about Kimberley being scout and everything planned for the season.

Today we find out he's gone.

Park coming in Waggotts  mate, can only be a negative in my eyes.

Waggots mate? Park worked here for a year , had himself and Waggott worked at other clubs together before that?Not that I can see 

• Like 1

You think Venkys, with their 2 trusty stooges, have analysed the season in detail and decided that it falls below the very high standards they have otherwise overseen during their time here so chose to sack the lot and start again?

Maybe Waggott was doing the analysed during the season and like I said again I think Waggott took back full control during the January transfer window and the fact he lined up Eustace before JDT left. 

Given the fact we are bring in Park to oversee Recruitment again says this revamping the scouting department 

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Hes ill. 

Hes a better manager than Eustace too, so cant see him being his director of football.

He's in recovery after surgery so presumably and hopefully he'll be well enough to work again at some point.

It would be of no surprise if once well enough he was brought back here to replace Eustace in the next 12 months who'll move on if successful or maybe get moved on if not.

Seeing as no one knows what's actually been the issue with TM it's not beyond the realms of possibility.

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Seeing as no one knows what's actually been the issue with TM it's not beyond the realms of possibility.

He’s had cancer according to an article yesterday in the Scottish Sun that is about John Parks move to Ewood. I can’t do links ….

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Maybe Waggott was doing the analysed during the season and like I said again I think Waggott took back full control during the January transfer window and the fact he lined up Eustace before JDT left. 

Given the fact we are bring in Park to oversee Recruitment again says this revamping the scouting department 

If you think its just a case of Venkys and their stooges not being happy with recruitment in a season of mass cut backs and running us as a club with high standards and ruthless actions if they arent met, then you havent paid attention over the Venkys reign.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tomphil said:

He's in recovery after surgery so presumably and hopefully he'll be well enough to work again at some point.

It would be of no surprise if once well enough he was brought back here to replace Eustace in the next 12 months who'll move on if successful or maybe get moved on if not.

He left unhappy after the owners just refused to communicate whether his deal was to be renewed. So I doubt he would rush back anyway.

13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

"revamping" 

Ffs shud up will you. 

32 minutes ago, tomphil said:

To be fair, even that would be a better suggestion than letting him go for free, just to get his wages off the books. 🙄

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

If you think its just a case of Venkys and their stooges not being happy with recruitment in a season of mass cut backs and running us as a club with high standards and ruthless actions if they arent met, then you havent paid attention over the Venkys reign.

Even with cut backs we still signed 13 players, yes 13 players. 

I have said I think Rovers under Waggott conducted an end of season review hence we have got rid of GB and changing scouting department, bringing in John Park to run the scouting/recruitment department

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Even with cut backs we still signed 13 players, yes 13 players. 

I have said I think Rovers under Waggott conducted an end of season review hence we have got rid of GB and changing scouting department, bringing in John Park to run the scouting/recruitment department

It doesn’t matter if we signed 13 players if they’re all terrible Chaddy. We could have signed the entire BRFCS messageboard if it was simply a number game. 

• Like 4