BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Sean Kimberley has been axed 

John Park will be joining as Head of recruitment. 

Big summer ahead for us now. 

Hope he started scouting prior to re-joining us.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Park surely will bring in his own staff I would guess over time. He has a range of contacts anyway. 

Who is going to ask questions? the owners? Have they not asked Waggott to revamp their scouting and recruitment after poor season last season. 

Its seems like it complete and utter revamping by Rovers. I guess it being led by Waggott and Eustace. 

Park will be head of recruitment. 

I thought you would be be in favour of our scouting department given your comments on here recruitment in the past 12 months would in all honest you having like? 

Well they can start with asking waggott. He employed some of these people who have not been good enough.And the ones who were here before him did they feel they could not work under his conditions. Not good enough in bringing in good commercial deals and had to be bailed out by venkys sponsorship and losing assets in the process. But hey ho we had our pitch stitched for our bare minimum squad to play on, and a luxury coach to travel back in after losing games. Kept a manager who offered his resignation and dragged us down to fighting for our lives. Need any more examples? The guy is incompetent! Failed everywhere he's been

Edited by Rover8T4
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, J*B said:

It doesn’t matter if we signed 13 players if they’re all terrible Chaddy. We could have signed the entire BRFCS messageboard if it was simply a number game. 

They weren't all terrible tho JB. Tronstad was very good. Sigurdsson and Moran had good spells. Chrisene and Ayari I would like to see more of them. O'Riordan is very highly by Rovers I believe to Rovers chat podcast.

McFadzean shown his faith last season. 

But the biggest problem is finding a goalscorer which we still need

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Who asking him these questions tho? No interviews with local media has been done

Already stated in first post. The owners need to get more involved. There needs to be consistency from top to bottom. Too much trust put on to the likes of pasha. Not a brain cell between them both

2 hours ago, Neal said:

My cynical side makes me wonder... Is this another cost cutting measure where the in house recruitment team is being scrapped for consultants who won't be working in house? 

When this club is concerned you can never be too suspicious.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

They weren't all terrible tho JB. Tronstad was very good. Sigurdsson and Moran had good spells. Chrisene and Ayari I would like to see more of them. O'Riordan is very highly by Rovers I believe to Rovers chat podcast.

The problem was high intensity football with one day off for the players. With such a small squad it was inevitable that a lot of injuries would occur. Caused By a manager that wanted to leave. That was waggotts decision and a bad one. 

17 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Hill was a good loan signing.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Not all terrible but the majority not really good enough.

Tronstad and Hill aside, the rest have made little to no impact in the first team. Whalstedt, obviously made some high profile errors.

If we had a fully fit squad, only Tronstad would be starting out of all 13 signings (with the exception of Hill, who was obviously recalled)

"Good spells." "Would like to see more of." "Rated highly on Rovers Chat podcast."

And they are some of the better ones!

Suppose its somewhat to be expected when you are working on such a pitiful budget.

I suspect the main reason behind this culling is more cost cutting. Broughton's "mutual" exit was probably more driven by him, he clearly was frustrated by both the budget cuts and Tomasson leaving, obviously he wasnt worth pleading to stay and there was also not room for both him and Waggott it seems. Then a lot of his staff have also gone, some to try and find normality in new roles elsewhere.

It certainly won't be the owners disappointed by a lack of high standards.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, AJW said:

Don’t  need scouts or a scouting network if you havnt got a pot to piss in 

Bingo!!!

All window dressing in a shit up,  cracked window in a rotten wooden frame.

• Like 2

I love the idea that any new scouts must have been promised a decent budget in order to join. As if literally no one, even if it meant a step up or a jump in wages from a previous smaller club or even one currently out of work would be attainable if the budget was tight.

52 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Hill was a good loan signing.

Forgot about Hill

44 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Not all terrible but the majority not really good enough.

Tronstad and Hill aside, the rest have made little to no impact in the first team. Whalstedt, obviously made some high profile errors.

If we had a fully fit squad, only Tronstad would be starting out of all 13 signings (with the exception of Hill, who was obviously recalled)

Moran started well but faded in December onwards. 

Sigurdsson finished second top scorer. Did well at times but highlighted the problem up front with goalscoring 

Park has a massive job on his hands potentially trying to replace Szmodics, Gallagher and Dolan with shirt buttons.

Eustace has an even bigger job on his hands keeping this squad up with that lot never mind without them.

• Like 1