BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

26 minutes ago, roverblue said:

All I see so far this summer is people leaving and not being replaced. Its cost cutting IMO and nothing to do with a new plan/vision.

Analysis team and medical team are also being reduced as well as reductions in the commercial team.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

"John Eustace is expected to work closely with Park and Waggott on Blackburn Rovers' recruitment this summer. The head coach is expected to have some funds available after the January sale of Adam Wharton."

Above is what Jackson wrote, i've highlighted the key word there.

JDT expected funds also. This is Rovers under the Venky's and Waggott... the only thing we should expect regarding funds, is that they'll provide way less than we need, if anything.

If there is some money to spend I think it will replicate last season's pittance spent on the likes of Telalovic and Wahlstedt. I honestly can't see the squad improving and if we sell Szmodics it will be considerably weakened. As ever with Rovers 2011 I will believe it I see it. Until then my derision will prevail.

• Like 9

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, arbitro said:

If there is some money to spend I think it will replicate last season's pittance spent on the likes of Telalovic and Wahlstedt. I honestly can't see the squad improving and if we sell Szmodics it will be considerably weakened. As ever with Rovers 2011 I will believe it I see it. Until then my derision will prevail.

Absolutely, around Β£2m in total i'll say - and not really on anyone who will immediately impact the first team.

It'll be all about grabbing youngsters to develop and sell further down the line, which i'm generally on board with... but right now, the starting 11 is in critical need of reinforcements, our Championship status depends on it.

Edited by TheRevAshton

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/24369718.blackburn-turn-familiar-face-recruitment-team-shake-up/

Jackson confirming everything Nicko has already published.Β 

Jackson confirms Eustace will have some money to spend.

Jackson DOES NOT confirm Eustace will have money to spend.

Jackson says "expected to have some funds available".

Given our owners' history for delivering the 'expected' and, IMO, sadly failing to deliver, only the gullible and happy clappers will be getting orgasmicΒ  over Jackson's words.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 8

It's season ticket sale time so of course the music coming out of the club, via the echo chamber Telegraph, is positive.

But I'm sure even those remaining at Ewood are under the impression there will be money to spend.

There bloody well should be and that's because it is a summer window. Any club in any league should have some ability to spend and that's before we think about the cash raked in already.

But we know how this works. Or at least most of us do.

The story changes later when the realities of committing hard cash and wages and multi year contracts come clear. The situation changes when we flog Szmodics to cover the outlay tenfold. It changes when ludicrous stories appear about not clicking send on paperwork.

So claims of money to spend mean zilch. They've said this before and look where it has got us.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Forever Blue said:

Good to see confirmation of what has been fairly obvious for a while. A new recruitment set up with money to spend.Β 

Money to spend until the latest Indian disaster/change in fianace rules or BAlaji's holiday fund needs topping up means money goes to India

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

JDT working with a decent DOF who recruited well might have been enough to get us over the line despite the lack of support from elsewhere. Unfortunately for us, and possibly fortunately for Waggott's cosy little number, we appointed the Egg.

As it is those sort of aspirations now look to be a million miles away, with even survival looking an uphill battle.

That cosy little number is currently being reconstructed.

Only ambition to stay up, surrounded by mates again, low to zero budget to hide behind, selling players to pay bills and impress your bosses in India.

Perfect set up for for him as he part times his way to retirement.

I would be intrigued to know how much they have spent in getting rid of Silvester,Β  Broughton, Kimberley and the other scouts There will undoubtedly be a few NDC's in there to factor in.Β 

Β 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

Said this before and i standby it, there'll be a 500k or maybe two 500k ones for the future like there has been in previous windows recently.

Then any pittance extra will be used for higher wages for the likes of Ruddy, Mcfadz and another then we are back to looking at loans.

Β 

18 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I would be intrigued to know how much they have spent in getting rid of Silvester,Β  Broughton, Kimberley and the other scouts There will undoubtedly be a few NDC's in there to factor in.Β 

Β 

Plus Steve's cut for negotiating their exits.

4 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

I'm just amazed that after 14 years of absolute nonsense that there are still folk out there and on here that think a little shake up of the recruitment team will bring some fresh new dawn to the club and positive change.

It won't.

The reason for the change is that the last 3 transfer windows have been a shitshow. Even the small amounts of money we have spent have been wasted on some poor players. Surely bring in a new head of recruitment, who appears to be well respected, is a positive?Β 

1 minute ago, Forever Blue said:

The reason for the change is that the last 3 transfer windows have been a shitshow. Even the small amounts of money we have spent have been wasted on some poor players. Surely bring in a new head of recruitment, who appears to be well respected, is a positive?Β 

It goes a lot deeper than a new head of recruitment coming in.

If we end up spending over Β£5m and end up with a better championship squad on August 31st than we had on May 4th, then please come back and I will admit defeat.

I don't think you will though somehow.

• Like 1

Just now, MarkBRFC said:

It goes a lot deeper than a new head of recruitment coming in.

If we end up spending over Β£5m and end up with a better championship squad on August 31st than we had on May 4th, then please come back and I will admit defeat.

I don't think you will though somehow.

The proof of the transfer pudding will of course be in the eating. But it’s perhaps unwise to write off a new recruitment team before they are even in place.Β 

• Downvote 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/24369718.blackburn-turn-familiar-face-recruitment-team-shake-up/

Jackson confirming everything Nicko has already published.Β 

Jackson confirms Eustace will have some money to spend.

I have read the article through twice now and do not see it stating anywhere that John Eustace will have some money to spend.

I have pasted below a version that could be interpreted that way, if you really trusted the words that come out of Ewood Park, but I don't, so think this might ne a little bit more of the cleverly worded statements, that appear to be the current flavour of the month.

Feel free to paste what I am missing though, if I am miss reading it.

John Eustace is expected to work closely with Park and Waggott on Blackburn Rovers' recruitment this summer. The head coach is expected to have some funds available after the January sale of Adam Wharton.

Β 

Edited by lraC

3 hours ago, Forever Blue said:

I think it is indisputable that when in reverse gear you only ever go backwards.

But what if you faced the seats the opposite way?Β 

What, away from the pitch ? After last seasons performances at Ewood, that might not be a bad idea.

13 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

The last 14 years have been a shit show.Β 

Rearranging the deck chairs on the titanic now isn't going to do jack shit

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, davulsukur said:

The last 14 years have been a shit show.Β 

Rearranging the deck chairs on the titanic now isn't going to do jack shit

It could bring better players in than would Β have been brought in by Kimberley etcΒ 

Edited by Forever Blue

8 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

The proof of the transfer pudding will of course be in the eating. But it’s perhaps unwise to write off a new recruitment team before they are even in place.Β 

It's not really them I am writing off.

2 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

JDT working with a decent DOF who recruited well might have been enough to get us over the line despite the lack of support from elsewhere. Unfortunately for us, and possibly fortunately for Waggott's cosy little number, we appointed the Egg.

As it is those sort of aspirations now look to be a million miles away, with even survival looking an uphill battle.

Cant help but feel that there is an elephant in the room here.

Perhaps aggressive budget slashing from the owners.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

The worry I have is the timing. Will the new incumbents utilise the lists that the outgoing team had or will they have their own lists. In my view the second is more unlikely. There might be some new targets but things have been moving for a few weeks now with many clubs in negotiations with released players, a market I think we will be involved in. Once again the infighting and turmoil will take it's toll on the football side I believe.