BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

18 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

The proof of the transfer pudding will of course be in the eating. But it’s perhaps unwise to write off a new recruitment team before they are even in place. 

Doing the same thing over and over again.  It is perhaps unwise to expect different results

• Like 8

31 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

The proof of the transfer pudding will of course be in the eating. But it’s perhaps unwise to write off a new recruitment team before they are even in place. 

Based on ?

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, London blue said:

"Some funds"

Fantastic! I can't wait to see what a hastily put together recruitment team can do with £500k.

You can take off swags yearly pay rise on that amount 

Edited by Rover8T4
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, tomphil said:

Park has a massive job on his hands potentially trying to replace Szmodics, Gallagher and Dolan with shirt buttons.

Eustace has an even bigger job on his hands keeping this squad up with that lot never mind without them.

Agreed but I would actually be for all three of those exits. If we can raise 15m or so and above on those transfer plus Dolan, us raya cash. I don’t expect all to be made available but would expect a 3-5m invested into the squad 

12 minutes ago, arbitro said:

The worry I have is the timing. Will the new incumbents utilise the lists that the outgoing team had or will they have their own lists. In my view the second is more unlikely. There might be some new targets but things have been moving for a few weeks now with many clubs in negotiations with released players, a market I think we will be involved in. Once again the infighting and turmoil will take it's toll on the football side I believe.

Yeah, agreed, it’s not ideal to completely overhaul the structure of the recruitment and technical teams a week before the window opens. The hope is Park has targets in mind that want to come and are better than what we have. It’s going to be an important summer because there are going to be huge gaps in the squad if key areas aren’t addressed. We got away with it last season, just!

2 minutes ago, roverstdt said:

Agreed but I would actually be for all three of those exits. If we can raise 15m or so and above on those transfer plus Dolan, us raya cash. I don’t expect all to be made available but would expect a 3-5m invested into the squad 

Sell three starters for £15m and try to replace them for £5m? Might as well get that L1 early bird special advert printed early.

• Like 7

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

JDT working with a decent DOF who recruited well might have been enough to get us over the line despite the lack of support from elsewhere. Unfortunately for us, and possibly fortunately for Waggott's cosy little number, we appointed the Egg.

As it is those sort of aspirations now look to be a million miles away, with even survival looking an uphill battle.

Which DoF would you have appointed and how would he have significantly improved our team with a transfer budget of three jelly beans and a half eaten curly wurly?

Edited by Exiled_Rover
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Yeah, agreed, it’s not ideal to completely overhaul the structure of the recruitment and technical teams a week before the window opens. The hope is Park has targets in mind that want to come and are better than what we have. It’s going to be an important summer because there are going to be huge gaps in the squad if key areas aren’t addressed. We got away with it last season, just!

With there appearing to be no definitive budget yet it might be difficult for Park to target players for which a fee will be required. Personally (based on the last decade and a half) my expectation is really low and if that comes to fruition then we will really struggle particularly if, as expected Szmodics leaves. The only certainty about these owners is the uncertainty.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

I'd suggest the most wise approach would be the cautious one and to learn from the past, treating these people with the cynicism and doubt they have earned.

The unwise approach would be to hope or assume things are going to be alright because it's a new window with different people working for the same overlords.

We all hope it will be fine. Most of us have the wisdom to recognise that it probably won't be under these people. Some repeat the same delusions every transfer window and rarely does it end up well

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I'd suggest the most wise approach would be the cautious one and to learn from the past, treating these people with the cynicism and doubt they have earned.

The unwise approach would be to hope or assume things are going to be alright because it's a new window with different people working for the same overlords.

We all hope it will be fine. Most of us have the wisdom to recognise that it probably won't be under these people. Some repeat the same delusions every transfer window and rarely does it end up well

We had a decent window 2 summers ago. I’m just hoping for similar. That’s it really. 

24 minutes ago, roverstdt said:

They are all leaving next year I don’t believe in spending it all in one window. Invest in several years spreading the budget across 

They won't all be leaving next year, if they are offered extended contracts now, which, as you know, was what used to happen. this seemed to have stopped, but the person who changed that little blip in our history, also seems to have gone now too, so perhaps we are back to where we were and players leave for nothing again.

The cynic in me says, that might suit certain agents, who can then negotiate a bigger signing on fee, with no transfer fee, but maybe I am being unkind thinking that way.

34 minutes ago, roverstdt said:

They are all leaving next year I don’t believe in spending it all in one window. Invest in several years spreading the budget across 

That's what the last DoF wanted to do with the Wharton money, he's now left because of differences in opinion over budgets, allegedly.

1 hour ago, RoverKyle said:

Could anyone subscribing to the LET be kind enough to post the position scouting articles in here please (or on a separate thread). 

Just browse them in incognito/privacy/secrecy mode or on a different browser/device and you'll be able to read a few more before you get locked out. Between my three phone browsers each with incognito mode, and two with incognito on my laptop it's never more than a mild inconvenience 😉

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Just browse them in incognito/privacy/secrecy mode or on a different browser/device and you'll be able to read a few more before you get locked out. Between my three phone browsers each with incognito mode, and two with incognito on my laptop it's never more than a mild inconvenience 😉

Lovely stuff, thank you.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, RoverKyle said:

Lovely stuff, thank you.

Or alternatively, immediately once the page loads, click the x (which becomes refresh once the page is fully loaded). Seems to stop whatever cookies tell them you're over the article limit

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Who knew there was another use for incognito 😁

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Torgeir said:

Don't forget that it was Gregg who brought JDT in. We were about to hire Big Dunc or someone of his calibre. 

Christ yeah. And Unsworth's name was bandied about as well....FML

• Like 2

7 hours ago, arbitro said:

I would be intrigued to know how much they have spent in getting rid of Silvester,  Broughton, Kimberley and the other scouts There will undoubtedly be a few NDC's in there to factor in. 

I was under the impression that people would only lose their jobs if the club went into administration. 

Our wonderful owners would never put anyone out of work.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

I was under the impression that people would only lose their jobs if the club went into administration. 

Our wonderful owners would never put anyone out of work.

That old chestnut !

There'd be a round of brutal job cuts anyway next time they land us in league one but that seems to go over the heads of a few.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, RoverKyle said:

Could anyone subscribing to the LET be kind enough to post the position scouting articles in here please (or on a separate thread). 

So we know who we definitely won't sign?

10 hours ago, Forever Blue said:

Good to see confirmation of what has been fairly obvious for a while. A new recruitment set up with money to spend. 

Nicko has been spot on again. I don't think Jackson would have wrote the part about is having some money to spend unless he has been told he can reported this. That's my opinion.