BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Nicko has been spot on again. I don't think Jackson would have wrote the part about is having some money to spend unless he has been told he can reported this. That's my opinion. 

that adds up,the let are terrified of rovers and do exactly as they say

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Nicko has been spot on again. I don't think Jackson would have wrote the part about is having some money to spend unless he has been told he can reported this. That's my opinion. 

I agree, Jackson will have asked the question and been told there is money available. He also said there was a budget for academy age players too.

Park’s remit, according to an article I read the other day, is to focus on emerging talent. 

17 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

I agree, Jackson will have asked the question and been told there is money available. He also said there was a budget for academy age players too.

That's why I posted what I did this morning cos Jackson and The LT won't want to upset Rovers. 

17 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Park’s remit, according to an article I read the other day, is to focus on emerging talent. 

what article? 

13 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

He didnt even say that there will be a reasonable budget, it was clearly his opinion, nor did he clarify what a decent budget is.

Jackson wouldn't mentioned the budget when he didn't need to unless Rovers have authorise it to be mentioned. Jackson and LT won't want to upset Rovers at any cost

13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

That's why I posted what I did this morning cos Jackson and The LT won't want to upset Rovers. 

what article? 

Scottish Sun article on Park joining Rovers dated 4th June. Google it cos I can’t do links for some reason

16 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

He didnt even say that there will be a reasonable budget, it was clearly his opinion, nor did he clarify what a decent budget is.

How do you know it was ‘clearly his opinion’ and not based on something he’’d been told. You don’t. 

And he said was there should be funds available. 

1 minute ago, Forever Blue said:

Scottish Sun article on Park joining Rovers dated 4th June. Google it cos I can’t do links for some reason

Well Nicko has said he is joining us head of recruitment and so far he has 100% right on all the changes behind the scenes this summer. 

I am sure he will be looking at all type of signings during his times here. We need championship quality player signings. 

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well Nicko has said he is joining us head of recruitment and so far he has 100% right on all the changes behind the scenes this summer. 

I am sure he will be looking at all type of signings during his times here. We need championship quality player signings. 

I’m just telling you what the article said. If you know different then great.👍 

9 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

How do you know it was ‘clearly his opinion’ and not based on something he’’d been told. You don’t. 

And he said was there should be funds available. 

There should, considering weve received so much in to the club. Whether there will or wont be a decent budget ultimately is still unknown but IMO it didnt read like a tip off, the club has been silent post season.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

I’m just telling you what the article said. If you know different then great.👍 

Look at Nicko articles. He has the inside info on this and every off the field story. 100% record. 

I'm sure Park will worked with Michael Cribley who is head of academy recruitment (16) Michael Cribley | LinkedIn on finding players for the under 21/academy but we need first team signings first, I'm sure Eustace will have targets he wants. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

IMO it didnt read like a tip off, the club has been silent post season.

Jackson has no reason to mention the budget but he did. His article backs up everything Nicko has been saying and he has been 100% right so far. Rovers have authorise this to be mention just like Jackson article about the recruitment staff changing, Rovers allow it to be written cos it will be happening, Just like the Eustace story

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Look at Nicko articles. He has the inside info on this and every off the field story. 100% record. 

I’m not even disputing this, Nixon will have a lot of contacts, he’s been doing it a long time. I’m just mentioning a separate article that wasn’t written by him. 

Sheesh

Edited by Forever Blue

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Jackson has no reason to mention the budget but he did. His article backs up everything Nicko has been saying and he has been 100% right so far. Rovers have authorise this to be mention just like Jackson article about the recruitment staff changing, Rovers allow it to be written cos it will be happening, Just like the Eustace story

I look forward to a £7m bumper kitty pre Szmodics sale then if its happening 100% and the club have confirmed this to Jackson, especially if the 100% reliable Nixon has also confirmed the bumper kitty, if indeed he has. Especially after that £50m warchest he once promised was bang on.

When Nicko is getting good info on Rovers it's usually a sign all is not well at the club. He's a chancer journo hack and his contacts in the game are usually slimeballs. It's no coincidence that Waggott has his slimey fingers everywhere is the same time Nicko is on the money with what's going on.

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I look forward to a £7m bumper kitty pre Szmodics sale then if its happening 100% and the club have confirmed this to Jackson, especially if the 100% reliable Nixon has also confirmed the bumper kitty, if indeed he has. Especially after that £50m warchest he once promised was bang on.

It's my opinion about 7m kitty. Not there's. 

Has Nixon been right all summer about backroom changes? It's simple question to answer which of course you won't answer. 

Posted (edited)

If it helps you sleep at night with pleasant dreams then all well and good.

If you really think Rovers would need to 'authorise' Jackson's statement of "expected to have some funds available" then Jackson must need authorisation from Rovers to fart inside Ewood!  For goodness sake, it's hardly the state secrets being revealed or anything that would be seized upon by other clubs.

Think it's a sign of how desperate times are for Rovers' fans when fans have to cling to the most slender of innocuous titbits.  Wake up, smell the coffee and look back at the last two January windows and last June - that is the evidence and reality of how far our club has fallen.  IMO, the squad we start the season with will be much weaker than the squad that finished the season and that squad in the main was dire in the extreme.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 4

Its literally a sentence at the bottom of a seperate article with a local journalist saying that we would expect some funds to be available. No specifics, nothing suggesting significant funds. Now thats a club endorsed guarantee.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Quite an impressive leap even from you.

Let's assume the owners have promised £20 million to spend this summer.

Does that make any difference or get us any further if the secretary or whoever then forgets how to do their job when completing the transfers?

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Its literally a sentence at the bottom of a seperate article with a local journalist saying that we would expect some funds to be available. No specifics, nothing suggesting significant funds. Now thats a club endorsed guarantee.

The Telegraph say the same thing every transfer window and will carry on saying the same thing until midnight on deadline day.

You don't need a link to the club to assume that 'some' money will be spent at some point this summer.

It's only after the window is shut that the true intentions become clear.

Until then Nixon, Chaddy and others can spend a couple of months speculating about signings which they seem to enjoy.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Forever Blue said:

I’m not even disputing this, Nixon will have a lot of contacts, he’s been doing it a long time. I’m just mentioning a separate article that wasn’t written by him. 

Sheesh

Can tell you're relatively new on here 🤣

You'll get used to these kind of responses.... 

• Like 1

20 million zloty war chest, standing by your beds

Waiting for an update from these often loopy threads

No-one has an inkling, no-one has a clue,

Especially Mr Nixon, (a chancer, through and through)

Down the hill at Brockhall, Eustace has a plan,

Wait till no-one's looking, then throw the shit at fan,

Money in the kitty? I think we know that's tosh

The chicken choking shit-show, has scarpered with the dosh.

One thing that is certain, just what the club will do,

If Chaddy says it's one thing, the opposite comes true 😉

Sorry Chris. Only joking. Keep that finger firmly on the pulse - the rest of us are taking the summer off till there's actually some news 🙂

• Like 9